View Full Version : Starting my new job soon after I give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow!

Lloyd_
09-01-16, 07:08 PM
Well the previous supervisor I worked with at the company I'm going to leave has been hounding me on and off to go jump ship and go work for him where he's currently now at and so I went to meet with the owner for the interview and was offered a job right on the spot!

In a way this is sort of a milestone in my entire work history because usually I would cling onto a job out of desperation until things got so bad I would quit or change careers after being at the same place for 3-5 years.

I'm pretty excited about the switch but it's going to suck not having insurance right away until next open enrollment but other than that I'm going to look forward to working with a couple of my former workmates again who actually seem to not mind working with me despite my many quirks, otherwise I don't think they would of asked me to come along with them if they didn't want me around in the first place!! :lol:

The whole situation just makes me want to work even harder to not let my comrades down. I'm going to give it my all and will accept the final outcome for better or for worse because at this very moment I've come to learn despite my own limitations and 'disabilities' that you have to sometimes roll the dice once you've thought it out.

So tomorrow I will give my employer 2 weeks notice and I'm curious how that will play out because if I mention who I'm going to be working for now I might get fired right on the spot! :D

Then that will mean I'm not going to mention any of those details other than I was offered more money and thank him for giving me the opportunity. (never really gave a formal 2 weeks notice before, this is all new to me!)

namazu
09-01-16, 08:07 PM
Congratulations on the new job!

I hope it's a great fit for you (and a big improvement over the current job).

Lloyd_
09-01-16, 08:22 PM
Congratulations on the new job!

I hope it's a great fit for you (and a big improvement over the current job).

Thanks!

Unmanagable
09-01-16, 08:56 PM
Happy for ya'!! May your new adventure bring many rewards and a peace of mind the previous place couldn't offer.

Lloyd_
10-08-16, 06:03 AM
So far things have been going well the past few months, definitely have more opportunity as far as being able to learn more which I have!

It's just a matter of time after enough screwups or having enough ADD moments to where they get tired of me. The first several weeks went great because I was left to work mostly alone but now I'm back working with bossman who is difficult right off the bat but I'm working under the best, he's a Gordon Ramsey type in relation to my particular profession. My only hope is my quality traits as a worker outweigh the bad ones or enough to outweigh the moments where I screwup.

What I've learned from this experience thus far is that I can always find another job and so long as I show up early every day and show motivation and work hard most employers will tolerate people like us enough to keep us around despite being space cadets. :D

Trying to keep a good attitude and positive self image, wish it wasn't this difficult.

ToneTone
10-08-16, 09:12 PM
I would say keep trying to identify the parts of the job that interest you the most and engage you the most .... and over time, see if you can do more of that type of work and less of the type of work that you aren't very good at ... Sometimes workers can make trades ... or you can propose to a boss, "Look, let me focus on X since I really do that well and my focus will benefit the company."

Good luck.

Tone

acdc01
10-08-16, 10:26 PM
Congratulations. Doesnt your company have something you can pay into for insurance? In the us I would never go without insurance. If I got hot by a car or something, I'd be screwed without it. Maybe it's different where you live.