View Full Version : problems with med, need professional help!

donio95
09-03-16, 03:59 AM
hey guys, i am using vyvanse right now.
i went to the best Psychiatrist( he studied in usa) in my country, and i paid a lot to meet him.
i asked him about my problem, that vyvanse working only 7 hours and he told me that there is 2 solution, but every one have different problem:

1. taking two pills of 70 mg in a day that will cover 14 hours, but the problem is - i will need spacial Approval in my country to it, and to send them studies/researches that show that vyvanse can work less than 12 hours, and more than 70 in a day is not dangerous. can you help me find studies?

2. using dex instead of vyvanse - i need to find a way to import it private (country insurance won't give me my money back). the doc gave me a name of a shop that do that(import dex) but they want me to pay 500$ dollar for 30 pills, and it'st crazy price that i can't afford. (here vyvanse for example cost me 50 after the country pay half). can you help me find a place that export medicine cheaper?

Little Missy
09-03-16, 06:58 AM
No can do. It is illegal, a felony and no one, nor will any pharmacy do it.

spamspambacon
09-03-16, 08:08 AM
Shire makes Vyvanse.

Contact them:

GLOBAL
Shire
300 Shire Way
Lexington, MA 02421
USA
Tel: +1 617 349 0200

Shire International GmbH
Zählerweg 10
6300 Zug
Tel: +41 0 41 288 40 00
Fax: +41 0 41 288 40 01
I contacted Shire about 2 years ago, about Adderall, and they were EXTREMELY helpful.

They have a Vyvanse website, but it's for US audiences only.
That's why I gave you the global contact info above.

Here's the contact info directly from
vyvanse . com / contact-us

Patients and Caregivers
If you would like additional information or need to report an adverse event, please contact the Shire Customer Service Center in the US at 1-800-828-2088, M–F 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET.

Health Care Professionals
Clinical inquiries: For further clinical information on Shire products, US doctors may call toll-free at 1-800-828-2088, or send an e-mail to medinfoGlobal@shire.com.

Shire US Inc., 300 Shire Way, Lexington, MA 02421
Shire, like most other drug manufacturers, offers big discounts on their medications. They offer a coupon for Vyvanse for $30.00/month for 12 months.

Again, this offer is for the US, so to find out what might be available for Israel, contact them directly.

I can't say enough about how helpful they were for me.

sarahsweets
09-03-16, 09:53 AM
Pretty sure importing controlled substances from anywhere in the world is illegal.

namazu
09-03-16, 10:46 AM
As other members have said, at least in the US, importing or exporting controlled substances without appropriate permits is a serious crime.

Many of the online pharmacies that claim to sell stimulants are selling fake or adulterated products, so I'd advise caution.

If dextroamphetamine is legal in Israel, but not covered by the national health insurance plan, then you'll need to work with your doctor to find alternatives that you can afford.

I did a quick search of the literature and could not find many papers that challenged the manufacturer's reported duration of Vyvanse. It is difficult when the drug companies are major sponsors of much of the research...

Again, your doctor should work with you to make a case for obtaining what you need; as you said, you need professional help with this!

Best wishes.

donio95
09-03-16, 12:22 PM
I am looking only for somthing legal, with prescription. In my country we can ask for spacial approval to import medicine and it's simple. I googled it and found only illegal sites, anyone know about legal pharmacy that export with prescription? From europe is good to

About vyvanse-is there studies that show that more than 70 mg is not dangarous?

namazu
09-03-16, 05:04 PM
I am looking only for somthing legal, with prescription. In my country we can ask for spacial approval to import medicine and it's simple. I googled it and found only illegal sites, anyone know about legal pharmacy that export with prescription? From europe is good to
The legality of importing dextroamphetamine from Europe is likely to depend on country and/or EU regulations.

It looks like the current maker of brand-name Dexedrine Spansules is Amedra Pharmaceuticals. You could try contacting them to see if they have a distributor who could export the medication to Israel legally.

About vyvanse-is there studies that show that more than 70 mg is not dangarous?
I didn't look through all of the lisdexamfetamine papers, but the ones I did skim only tested doses up to 70mg/day. (Even a review of "high-dose" stimulant treatment didn't mention lisdexamfetamine doses above 70mg/day.)

You could search a database like PubMed (http://www.pubmed.gov) to see if there's anything you could use to support your request.

Have you already tried methylphenidate? That is available in Israel, and although it is more different from Vyvanse than Dexedrine, it could be worth trying if you are unable to get the coverage or approvals you need for high-dose Vyvanse or to import Dexedrine.

spamspambacon
09-03-16, 05:13 PM
Donio95,

Look up an article called "Vyvanse Dosing for ADHD: Finding the Top of the Window" by Dr. Charles Parker (CorePsych), and read the comments below.
There will probably be links in there that will eventually help you find your information.

Greyhound1
09-03-16, 08:44 PM
***Moderator Note***
Please refrain from posting any links to commercial sites. They are prohibited per our guidelines. Please use our PM (private message) feature to send pertinent links to the OP.
Thanks,
Hound.

donio95
09-04-16, 05:32 AM
I tried retalin, concerta ,adderall and vyvanse, and only vyvanse is working for me.

Look like there is a lot of helpful stuff in dr charles site, thank you!!

C15H25N3O
09-05-16, 11:46 AM
You dont have to import an foreign brand product. Usually your pharmacy should have an option to order dexamphetamine as a substance which they can mix and sell as a liquid or fill it to capsules. Its a "pharmacy" and not a "pills sale". You should ask at your pharmacy where you pick up Vyvanse what you doctor has to write on the prescription.