View Full Version : Any help would be appreciated

Krellon
09-03-16, 08:14 AM
Ok so i've been on concerta 27mg for about 5 days now and it still feels impossible to get any work done and i've tried googling everywhere to find an answer about whether you should notice a difference right away or does it take some time and have had no luck. my doctor told me to go back within a month or two but i don't want to wait that long because every day feels like hell not being able to concetrate. so my question is how long till you should notice an effect with concerta?

any help is appreciated thanks

namazu
09-03-16, 10:29 AM
You should notice a difference immediately in your ADHD symptoms,

IF

the medication is right for you

AND

at the right dose.

Give it a week or two to be sure.

If you are not seeing any improvements, symptom-wise, and you're also not experiencing any obvious side effects, it may be that this dose isn't high enough for you.

You could try calling your doctor to see about scheduling an appointment sooner, or see if you can talk to them over the phone.

With stimulants, you'd likely need to pick up a new prescription for a higher dose (unless your state has an electronic prescription system), since it can't usually be called in to a pharmacy.

Good luck!

Krellon
09-03-16, 11:01 AM
thanks for the reply i will wait a couple more days and call my doctor from there if nothing has improved

Toss4n
09-04-16, 03:53 AM
Ok so i've been on concerta 27mg for about 5 days now and it still feels impossible to get any work done and i've tried googling everywhere to find an answer about whether you should notice a difference right away or does it take some time and have had no luck. my doctor told me to go back within a month or two but i don't want to wait that long because every day feels like hell not being able to concetrate. so my question is how long till you should notice an effect with concerta?

any help is appreciated thanks

If you're not noticing anything, and your BP and pulse are okey, then I don't see any reason why you couldn't be bumped up to 36/54mg already.

Krellon
09-10-16, 10:37 PM
yea i let it go for a couple more days just to be sure and there hasn't been any changes on concerta besides feeling slightly more calm outside, i've got an appointment with my doctor this tuesday to change doses hopefully it will help out.