View Full Version : not a good sick person.

ginniebean
09-04-16, 12:27 PM
For those who may have noticed I haven't been around much lately I've not been well. still doing tests and such with docs I don't have energy and I'm a whiney sick person (even when alone). I'm not ignoring anyone I love almost all of you just no energy. I really don't want sympathy or to cause any concern. just wanted to make sure I don't lose the few friends I have.

So, are you a whiney sick person too? moaner?

midnightstar
09-04-16, 12:33 PM
I know you don't want sympathy ginnie but I just wanted to say we understand and you do have my sympathy :grouphug:

Personally cause of what my family are like, if I'm sick I just get on with it cause my family are the sort of people who think you have to be at deaths door before they try to help, particularly mental health issues (which they are clueless about) :grouphug:

Unmanagable
09-04-16, 12:36 PM
I'm allergic to all forms of pain and dis-ease. I'm not a graceful sufferer at all. May your health soon be nurtured and restored to a more comfortable level.

stef
09-04-16, 12:43 PM
It all hits me very hard, like a cold for example and i just want to stay home and have soup and watch TV but then i try to be stoic and tell myself not to be "weak", which has led me to actually not see a doctor when I had bronchitis.

Fuzzy12
09-04-16, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are not well. Thanks for the update though.

I hate being ill. Really really hate it. I'm not really whiney ( apart from probably on here) though I want sympathy and comfort from hubby but if anyone else starts fussing about me i get exremely irritated.

Hope you'll be better soon and that it's nothing serious. :grouphug:

spamspambacon
09-04-16, 12:56 PM
I'm a wimp-erer, lol....

When I'm in pain (fever, broken bone, etc), I whimper.
I do it softly, not loud. Just "owwwwww owieeeeeee owwwww" noises, almost under my breath.

I'm like Stef, though.
Although I'm vocal, I still tough it out and don't see the doc as soon as one should. Bronchitis, broken bones, you name it. I tend to think "its not that bad..."

Luvmybully
09-04-16, 01:34 PM
I am a moan-ey, whiny sick person also. I just want to be left alone.

I hope you feel better soon!

:grouphug:

aeon
09-04-16, 01:37 PM
I'm ok with being sick, and I know the triage trigger to go to the ER with lung stuff.

Otherwise I just roll with it. Doc was surprised I didn't come in for tonsillitis. I said I looked it up on Wikipedia and saw that I had nothing to worry about.

I had antibiotics last year for the first time in almost 20 years.

Back in the days of my youthful indiscretions with cannabis, one winter I got bronchitis. My solution? Smoke it out, and it worked. :)

I vomit easy too, so no problems there.

Cheers,
Ian

Fortune
09-04-16, 02:15 PM
I'm like a cat, I'll suffer in silence. I depart my catlike ways when things get bad enough to drive me to a doctor.

The exception to that is when I overdo something and my entire body feels like it's on fire.

Feel better soon, Ginnie.

Bluechoo
09-04-16, 02:25 PM
You have the right to feel however you want. It's not a crime to feel bad.

Corina86
09-04-16, 03:11 PM
I understand the way you feel. Feeling sick sucks for sooo many reasons. It's pretty understandable that it's the one thing that's mostly on your mind and you want to whine about it. It's also understandable that you don't want to appear as whiny to others. I'm as whiny as it gets. I just want to lie in bed and have someone take care of me. I regress back to being a baby (or a cat?) whenever I have the slightest health issues. I hope you feel better soon (I have no idea what you're suffering from and I hope it's not chronic).

psychopathetic
09-04-16, 03:36 PM
(((((((Beans-The-Perfectly-Adequate-Sick-Person)))))))

:giggle:

I'm only ever really whiny when I'm completely alone, or alone with my mom. Otherwise I'm actually a pretty tough sick person. I've always been proud when I need to be in the hospital at how polite and nice I've always been to the nurses and doctors and everyone.

Maybe it's because I get so much whining done on online forums when I'm not sick...that when I do get sick, my whine is all but depleted from me! :lol:

Lunacie
09-04-16, 05:43 PM
Ginnie, it's so good to hear from you, sorry you don't have better news. :grouphug:

I'm sending good thoughts and Reiki energies so you'll feel better soon.

Some pain makes me angry. :mad: Some makes me whimper or moan softly. :(

Sometimes I get a migraine so bad I smack myself in the head because stopping feels better. :doh:

I've noticed my youngest granddaughter makes the same sound when she gets a migraine that I make.

salleh
09-05-16, 12:25 AM
From age 19 to 39, I got a sinus headache, or 2 or 3 every single day ..some I culd shine on and just get on with life ....but some drove me to the couch and to try things like putting a clip style clothes pin on the bridge of my nose , or tying a piece of fabric as tight as I could around my head ....don't want anyone around me ....and I did whimper and feel mighty sorry for myself .....

outgrew them .....

at 66, I am battling sciatica .....it comes and goes sometimes so bad I cannot find any way to be comfortable ...standing sitting laying ...nope they all hurt ....I whimper ....don't want to be around people ...leave me the F*** alone ....

...and gosh Ginnie, if we can't sympathize with our friends ....not sure wht ....can't stop sympathizing .....I have faced too much physical pain not to understand and sympathize when someone else is going through pain .....doesn't really help either party.....except the knowledge that we all share the human condition of feeling pain and sometimes that helps a bit ...

sarek
09-05-16, 03:00 AM
I am rather a whiner, but in that typical "men do not complain" kind of loudly suffering in "silence" I do not say anything much, but I do all the moaning and sighing and gesticulating as if I am a king in a Shakespeare play and have just been stabbed to death.

Fuzzy12
09-05-16, 03:54 AM
I am rather a whiner, but in that typical "men do not complain" kind of loudly suffering in "silence" I do not say anything much, but I do all the moaning and sighing and gesticulating as if I am a king in a Shakespeare play and have just been stabbed to death.

I think I do that as well!!! :lol: