View Full Version : How to get rid of a stye

anonymouslyadd
09-10-16, 08:40 PM
I'm having a terrible time right now with my left eye. It's puffy and waters easily. I think it's a Stye. Does anyone know how to treat it?

I'm using warm compresses, but that's it. I haven't been outside since yesterday. Help!

Little Missy
09-10-16, 08:54 PM
Is there a bright red bump on your eyelid that hurts and sort of itchy hurts at the same time? You need a HOT washcloth on it. It does take a bit of time to go away.

anonymouslyadd
09-10-16, 08:56 PM
Is there a bright red bump on your eyelid that hurts and sort of itchy hurts at the same time? You need a HOT washcloth on it. It does take a bit of time to go away.
No, it's just puffy and hard to keep my eye opened for long periods.

Little Missy
09-10-16, 08:59 PM
No, it's just puffy and hard to keep my eye opened for long periods.

No hurty? Styes hurt, I think. :confused:

Little Missy
09-10-16, 09:00 PM
What about matter? Do you have any matter in the corner of that eye?

anonymouslyadd
09-10-16, 09:00 PM
No hurty? Styes hurt, I think. :confused:
It's irritating.

anonymouslyadd
09-10-16, 09:01 PM
What about matter? Do you have any matter in the corner of that eye?
I guess it accumulates after a while.

Little Missy
09-10-16, 09:04 PM
I'm going to guesstimate it is one in the beginning stage. HOT wrung out washcloth and repeat when it cools. Go to bed. Do NOT rub it! Gently wipe away the eye boogers(matter) and see how it is in the morning.

If it doesn't get better go to a walk in or something. I havn't had a stye since I was a child.

anonymouslyadd
09-10-16, 09:10 PM
I'm going to guesstimate it is one in the beginning stage. HOT wrung out washcloth and repeat when it cools. Go to bed. Do NOT rub it! Gently wipe away the eye boogers(matter) and see how it is in the morning.

If it doesn't get better go to a walk in or something. I havn't had a stye since I was a child.
I've already rubbed it a little. This sucks.

Little Missy
09-10-16, 09:21 PM
I've already rubbed it a little. This sucks.

Settle down, its not the end of the world, although I do remember not wanting to go out in public also!

Just don't rub it anymore unless you push gently on it with the HOT washcloth. Right about the time you think it'll never go away, it just goes away.
It WILL go away, I promise. :)

anonymouslyadd
09-11-16, 05:47 PM
My eyes are still tearing, without any improvement. I'm not sure if it's still a stye.

midnightstar
09-11-16, 05:55 PM
Might be an idea to get the dr to have a look anon :grouphug:

anonymouslyadd
09-11-16, 06:06 PM
Might be an idea to get the dr to have a look anon :grouphug:
I called them on Friday morning and they never got back to me. I'll go tomorrow if I have to.

midnightstar
09-11-16, 06:12 PM
I called them on Friday morning and they never got back to me.

Try again on Monday :grouphug:

anonymouslyadd
09-11-16, 06:19 PM
Yea, I definitely think this is pink eye.

Little Missy
09-11-16, 06:35 PM
Yea, I definitely think this is pink eye.

Well, actually that is good. The doc will rx you some drops and it'll be gone pronto.:)

anonymouslyadd
09-14-16, 04:47 PM
I've been prescribed Erythromycin, a topical gel that you have to put underneath your lower eyelid. It takes 5-7 days for it to work. This sucks. :(

Unmanagable
09-23-16, 08:18 AM
Hope your eye has healed up anon.

Just wanted to share my mom's recent experience with an eye issue, as it made me think of this thread when she told me about it. She kept having her good eye (the other was operated on) feel scratchy, was very bloodshot, and kept watering like crazy. It would stop for a day or so, then start again.

She went to the eye doc yesterday and found that in the same place she has a scar on her eyelid, from having it scratched by a fence when she was 10 yrs. old, now has three eyelashes growing in it that he had to remove. She's now applying the same antibiotic ointment to her eyelid for a few days. It took 65 years for the eyelashes to start growing. How strange.

anonymouslyadd
09-27-16, 09:51 PM
My eye issues haven't abated, and I'm on round two of the Erythromycin. The PA said to add eye drops with it, but the pharmacist said it depends on what type of drops.

My eyes tear for no reason and are itchy. I want to scratch the hell out of them sometimes. Overall, I'm better than I was a couple weeks ago, and that's a good thing.