View Full Version : Survey: college experiences of students with learning differences

jbfmabutas
09-14-16, 06:45 PM
Hello,

I am a graduate student in the Master of Education program at Holy Names University. For my thesis, I am conducting research about the college experiences of students with learning differences. Dr. Robynn Battle is my study lead.

I am inviting adults that had an identified learning difference while enrolled in a postsecondary academic program (or, have if currently enrolled) to complete a 10-15 minute questionnaire. Qualified participants have the option to take part in a follow-up interview. Your story is important and it will help define the experiences and needs of the fastest growing student population in postsecondary institutions across the United States. Participation in the questionnaire is anonymous.

Please visit the link: Postsecondary Academic Experiences of Students with Learning Differences (https://hnu.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ddAAguoegV2X65)to access the questionnaire.

If you know anyone else that may be interested in completing this survey, please pass on this information. You may contact me with any questions using the e-mail address provided on the first page of the survey.

Thank you for your consideration and interest in contributing to the study of postsecondary education for students with learning differences.

Respectfully yours,
MEd Student

casper
09-19-16, 10:24 PM
I did the survey

Tetrahedra
09-21-16, 02:30 AM
Question for you - is this just for people who had ADHD and who knew they had it, or is it for all people with ADHD whether or not they were diagnosed?

namazu
09-21-16, 02:34 AM
Question for you - is this just for people who had ADHD and who knew they had it, or is it for all people with ADHD whether or not they were diagnosed?
Per the OP, it's for people who had "identified learning differences", which I would guess means "diagnosed".

But you could contact the researcher (contact info is given on the first page of the survey) to verify.

EDIT: I'm filling out the survey now. One of the questions is "Did you have an identified learning disability, Attention Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder (AD/HD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis, or other learning difference while you were enrolled in the postsecondary academic institution? "

Hermus
09-21-16, 03:37 AM
Apparently it's only meant for people who have followed education in the US.

Tetrahedra
09-21-16, 12:36 PM
Oh, see, I misread. I thought it meant that it's identified now even if it wasn't while I was in school. And then it started talking about IAPs in high school, and I was wondering what about the people who were diagnosed during college. I think I'll stay away from this so I don't screw up the test results.