View Full Version : New to DFW from WA

xstine
09-15-16, 09:18 AM
Hi,

Recently moved from WA to Frisco, TX and I am looking for a doctor in the area who can continue my ADHD treatment. It seemed easier in WA as normal family doctors treated adults with ADHD. I'd prefer to find a family doctor or internal doctor so I could see them for any other issues as well.

Thank you!
Christine

sarahsweets
09-15-16, 01:31 PM
We don't have a referral service

BellaVita
09-15-16, 04:46 PM
Well, this is the referrals section, but it isn't very active.

Googling doctors with good reviews might help you, OP.

DJ Bill
09-15-16, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forum and best of luck in Frisco. If you have insurance, I'd start with their recommendations for approved providers first.

If you can have your records sent to the new doctor it may eliminate the same old rediagnosis many seem to have to go through.

If you are uninsured and self pay....ouch! Texas isn't as good as many other states for finding mental health care services in. I hope you can find a good doc you can afford. In DFW south of you there should be quite a few to choose from, if you can handle the insane traffic down there.

If you ever get tired of Frisco I have a house for sale near Abilene in a small town.:D I got out of the heat and tornadoes after 8 years there, and am happy in the Northeast now. In my old town there was a low income clinic that I went to, but I didn't approach them about mental health issues as I was in serious denial at the time. Now I have full low cost insurance and having access to mental health care has made a huge difference in my life.

Best of luck in your search!

sarahsweets
09-16-16, 04:58 AM
Well, this is the referrals section, but it isn't very active.

Googling doctors with good reviews might help you, OP.

I realize that but I was just saying that we generally dont post specifics or reviews about doctors.