View Full Version : Anybody with an MBA here ?

cantakeitnemore
09-15-16, 02:01 PM
Or any GMAT experience?

Fuzzy12
09-15-16, 02:23 PM
I took gre eons ago.

Does that help in any way?:scratch:

cantakeitnemore
09-15-16, 02:28 PM
Nah.. I just took the GMAT.. Had been getting 710+ in mocks but got just 700 on the real test.
Can't decide whether I should retake or apply with these scores. And most importantly, what specialization would suit an adhder

Fuzzy12
09-15-16, 02:51 PM
Same thing happened to me with gre. On the practice tests I used to get more than 2200 but than I had a had case of nerves during the actual test and onky got 1930 or something like that. I was so upset. Locked myself in my room and refused to speak to anyone for 2 days...:D

I did take the test again though everyone advised against it saying that normally your scores don't improve. The second time round I got 2080 amd in those days anything above 2000 was considered to be good so I left it at that.

Anyway long story short I think the main issue is that when you retake the test it shows on your test records that you've taken the that twice and both results are reported. So unless syou think you can really get a much better score it might not be worth it. Also what I found both times is that the actual test is a lot harder than any of the practice tests I took ( including the kaplan ones which were supposed to be super hard).

What I'd do is email a professor in the field of your interest of one of the unis you are interested in applying and ask them what gmat scores they would be looking for and how important the scores are for them. The score is just one of several considerations. Remember that they will also take into account your final exam marks, statement of purpose (do they still have that???), etc..

Email then anyway. I've always found that hugely helpful. If nothing else, Just ask a few questions and show interest in their work.

I know nothing about potential MBA subjects so can't help you with that. I general for someone with adhd I'd say that anything that you find fascinating is a good fit and anything that is less than fascinating might be difficult.

cantakeitnemore
09-15-16, 11:35 PM
I general for someone with adhd I'd say that anything that you find fascinating is a good fit and anything that is less than fascinating might be difficult.

That's the probelm. EVERYTHING is fascinating for the first few days. :lol::confused:
(The reward/gratification process is so messed up)

Tjlac57
11-15-16, 07:07 PM
Honestly I just tried some self study GRE , I pretty much don't have it in me. Take a diagnostic usually you will score around what you get.

Wackykay9
02-04-17, 02:15 PM
I recently completed my graduate degree in I/O Psychology. That required some extensive education and test prep. Would that be of value to you?