View Full Version : Did anyone have a strong effect from Wellbutrins first intake

C15H25N3O
09-16-16, 05:31 PM
... or did it take a while?

I am very sensitive to any substances.

I was prescribed to Wellbutrin 3 years ago. It had a strong effect almost on its forst intake.
I was new to ADHD meds and accepted any effect but there were side-effect which were not acceptable.
So I stopped the continous intake after a week.
After adjusting Ritalin I tried combining it with Ritalin on single days but it felt like too much and I stopped
Wellbutrin because there are no smaller dosages than 150mg available.

Now, 3 years later, I tried Wellbutrin again to give it another chance and to compare its effect to Vyvanse
to get closer to my perfect individual medication.

Once again I feel it being too strong and shooting me over the limit. It hits me stronger than Vyvanse and
pure dexamphetamine.

It is against my philsophy of using substances to build up a tolerance to be able to use it.
Either it feels promising or I drop it because I am afraid of another medical damage to my body and brain.
I handle meds like food. If something tastes ugly I avoid it.

I suspect the mechanism of reuptake inhibition to be not suitable for me without any neurotransmitter release
support due to sensitivity.

Is here anyone else who experienced a strong impact on Wellbutrins first intake?

Little Missy
09-16-16, 06:43 PM
Yes!! I felt like I wanted to unzip myself out of my body and run!! It was awful and it never got better. I tried it for about two weeks. Terrible experience.

C15H25N3O
09-16-16, 09:30 PM
I have this experience to every substance (med, food, ******, whatever) I take
and if the first impression hits me good I am ready to fight to get it running.

Trying Vyvanse and Dextroamphetamine at day one and two of my amphetamine
medication, Vyvanse felt sweet but Dextroamphetamine like a dirty drug.

But it is about Wellbutrin and the users are asked to wait for effects about 4-6 weeks.

I really would like to know if there is someone who felt it strong on the first day of
intake, maybe experienced bad side-effects like hardcore sleepiness after it, gave it
a chance while suffering for a period like a med-masochist and experienced benefits
after 4-6 weeks.

I trust my brain-butcher when he says "you only can try it out" but I dont need
another massacre in my brain.

Love ****** (stars) <--- looks like "lucy in the sky with diamonds" :-)

C15H25N3O
09-19-16, 05:31 AM
I think some of us can feel happy to be so sensitive to meds to avoid testing them over months.

aeon
09-19-16, 10:28 AM
I never make any judgment about a med after a single day...risk of placebo effect is too great.

I never had any problem with bupropion/Wellbutrin in any case, in my personal experience, I think it is a wonderful medication.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
09-19-16, 06:06 PM
Placebo? No way, but you are right it WILL work for many ADHDs and if something works it is wonderful.

I was not prescribed to take it but I wanted to give it in cooperation with my doc a try to encircle my personal neuro-chemicals

deficit and the tests result is pure gold. My neuro-chemics went better dramatically after I got rid off an anxious disorder lasting

13 years which was induced SSRI and I will avoid happening something similar like fighting for my life.

I worked like a berserk over 6 months to understand the neuro-chemics to increase the cooperation with my doc to a level

he does not experience often which made me a very untypical client in treatment and I have full support.

Enormous self-reflection, understanding synapses and neuro-chemics and checking co-existing disorders are the base for my judgement.

I fight like hell for my life and I am proud of having success but I understand your posts intention which I appreciate a lot.

As only LittleMissy posted about a strong first intake effect I think the titles question is answered and I can close another chapter.

Wonderful!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/cegWQ66TiGYDK/100.gif

This is a request to the mods to send this thread into nirvana or debates not to confuse others who are new to this med.

Thanks in advance!

Little Missy
09-19-16, 06:24 PM
Well, don't necessarily go by what I said, many people do not have that same effect just because I did. I'm extremely sensitive.

aeon
09-19-16, 09:26 PM
I don’t seem to be particularly sensitive to meds, except SSRIs and SNRIs.

Those screw me up something serious. I lasted into the 3rd day each for sertraline, venlafaxine, and escitalopram before I had to bail.

But nerve block they always need to use twice as much, bupropion @ 450mg works, but no side effects, and I have had 180mg of Dexedrine (under medical supervision) and my pulse went down 6bpm from baseline, and I felt fine, and my vitals were good.

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
09-19-16, 10:10 PM
One Lexapro had me rocking in the corner all night and then cross legged on the couch staring and wishing it would just be over already.

aeon
09-19-16, 10:12 PM
One Lexapro had me rocking in the corner all night and then cross legged on the couch staring and wishing it would just be over already.

It just makes me wretch and gag constantly such that I cannot eat.

Forget It,
Ian

Little Missy
09-19-16, 10:16 PM
But remember, I loved Tofranil way back in the stone age. Other than the driest mouth ever. It was the new ones that sent me over the moon into idiot land.

aeon
09-19-16, 10:22 PM
But remember, I loved Tofranil way back in the stone age. Other than the driest mouth ever. It was the new ones that sent me over the moon into idiot land.

I had Tofranil back in the day. Two things:

it tended to put me to sleep
it doesn’t help a mood disorder caused by someone (currently) abusing you

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
09-19-16, 10:31 PM
I had to take a really long nap on that stuff. My husband used to say between me and the dog snoring he couldn't hear the tv while waiting for me to wake up to look at houses to buy. But then he'd say, "Why are you suddenly SO nice?"

I used to smoke and then sit there on the couch and think, "I wonder if Dr. what's-his-butt knows how interstellar you can get on this stuff..." And then I'd snap to it and go to work. :lol:

C15H25N3O
09-19-16, 11:50 PM
Well, don't necessarily go by what I said, many people do not have that same effect just because I did. I'm extremely sensitive.

I just go by the number of people who answered to have a strong effect feeling it and not the content of the posts.

I dont rely on others opinions and I can better think about myself and care for myself then every doc I met belonging to ADHD- and medication-damages in the past related to ADHD.

If a med has an effectiveness while its first intake which does not fit and makes me tired like dying after 1-2 weeks (strattera) which is synonymous for changing my neuro-chemics with open result I choose life. I have less fear of psychedelics acid and plants (which I did not use for decades) than of psychopharmaka that dont fit and I know several cases of people who suffer dramatic after using some pills for only one month.

This world is built to protect establishment but not the people.