View Full Version : Your experiences with different generic ir dextroamphetamine

jeffb74
09-17-16, 10:11 PM
I am seeking input on your experiences and preference for different generic 10 mg dextoamphetamine sulfate tablets. I tried generic 20 mg 3 x a day (60 mg total) of Adderrall for about half a year(titrating up to that dose over several months and the PNS side effects were too troubling to continue.
for a few months I had asked my P doc about trying dextroamphtemaine sulfate due to lack of improvement for my add symptoms and pns side effects. He also is not a fan of ER meds so that was not an option. I switched to dextroamphetamine sulfate and have tried 10 mg IR gedextroamphetamine sulfate tablets amongst four different generic manufacturers. I tried Teva first at 30 mg a day for the month, and 40 mg a day for the second month. Teva was fine but it was an adjustment of that dose coming from 60 mg of generic ir adderall.

I had read about Zenzedi on this board and knew they were brand name in most dosages but did make a generic 10 mg tablet so I tried that. I was increased by my Pdoc to 60 mg a day of 2 10 mg tabs 3 times a day of Zenzedi(wilshire), and Zenzedi(wilshire) was decent but honestly found the pills to be too small and would drop them and concerned I would lose them.

Then when I went to refill my Zenzedi 10 mg ir (60 mg a day) prescrip at Walgreens a differnet pharmacist instead of ordering me Zenzedi ordered me KVK Tech. KVK Tech was not as effective in my opinion as TEVA or Zenzedi( wilshire) for my 10 mg dose(taking 60 mg a day -2 10 mg tabs 3 times a day). I hated the pills( they seemed bigger than TEVA and had a terrible taste on the tongue before you swallowed them). You could not swallow one pill without water or you would choke. After that I read about Mallincrofdt on these boards.

I had my local walgreens pharmacy order me Mallincrofdt and honestly in terms of my add symptoms and effectiveness I find them to be the worst for me. I find they don't last as long and I don't get the symptom management I had from the Zenzedi(wilshire) or even the TEVA dextroamphetamine sulfate.

I am thinking of trying the TEVA again and just sticking with them since I took that the longest for dextroamphetaminesulfate tabs but never at 60 mg a day just 30mg or 40 mg a day. I also took TEVA as generic adderall so I am familiar with them.

Zenzedi was decent but not crazy about the tiny pill size.

I would like to hear what others think and their experiences. thanks-jb

emperorpenguin
10-30-16, 06:41 PM
I've only taken Barr 10mg and Zenzedi 20mg; I'm on the latter currently. I can't say I noticed any difference between the two. I did perceive a difference between Barr and Actavis spansules when I was on those, but I've never felt a difference between manufacturers as far as IR Adderall or Dexedrine are concerned.

Jenn1202
11-28-16, 11:24 PM
I've tried Barr (5 mg), Mallinckrodt (5 mg) and Zenzedi (2x2.5 because 5mg is basically impossible to get). All 3 seemed to work but Mallinckrodt gave me too many side effects. I was on Barr for a while but at some point it stopped working, so I switched to Zenzedi. Zenzedi worked best for me. It was the most effective brand and it gave me less side effects than the other two.

ADXP
11-30-16, 09:36 PM
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate 10 mg Instant Release
By BARR

I usually got mine filled at Walgreens but last month my November script was filled at CVS.
I noticed right away that the pill are a lot thinner & smaller.

Then the first dose I took made me so sleepy & loopy.

There is definitely something not quite right with that batch. When you 've been taking it for 16 years any change is easily noticeable.
i complained with the CVS but they are very dismissive. Another major issue that I like to emphasized here is that most people including pharmacists are not aware about the difference between the Adderall & the Dextroamphetamine. I caught them empty handed. They actually filled my script with Adderall again by CVS.

ADDERALL

EACH TABLET CONTAINS 5 mg 20 mg
Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 1.25 mg 5 mg
Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate 1.25 mg 5 mg
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, USP 1.25 mg 5 mg
Amphetamine Sulfate, USP 1.25 mg 5 mg

WHile Dexedrine contains only

DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE alone
That what make Dexedrine potent for Narcolepsy & people with brain injury.

Adderall does not cut it for us.