View Full Version : Gut issues?

NateDEEzy
09-18-16, 06:26 PM
After reading about the possible link of autism to the gut I realized that although I don't have terrible gut issues, I notice I have more than most people I know.

My coworkers and I usually go out to eat at least once a week and I noticed that I usually have to go to the bathroom right when we get back and my poop is often not solid.

Additionally, my farts stink sooo bad usually. Sometimes they are insanely bad. And I noticed not everyone really is this way.

Also, my skin is not smooth and nice, it's kind of pimply and not super healthy (especially my face, which is constantly red).

Does anyone else have this going on?

Dachshund
09-18-16, 06:50 PM
Couple of questions for you.

When you go out to eat, how much do you eat compared to if you didn't go out to eat? Eating a meal that is larger than your normal meals can cause intestinal spasms, which can result in cramps and diarrhea.

Have you had your gallbladder taken out or been diagnosed with any sort of gallbladder disorder (like stones)? What you describe is very common after gallbladder removal, including the skin issues, because fat absorption gets kinda wonky.

Have you ever had any sort of diagnosis of lactose intolerance or any other food intolerance? The cramping, diarrhea, and stinky farts are almost cardinal symptoms of a food intolerance.

Lastly, what about anxiety? Anxiety can really, really mess with the stomach.

Honestly, I don't know much about ADD and intestinal issues, but I haven't heard of any connection. Edit: I should add that I come from a family with a long history of gallstones, food intolerances, and general anxiety related digestive issues, so my first thoughts naturally go in that direction when I hear stinky farts and loose stools after eating.

NateDEEzy
09-18-16, 08:59 PM
Still have my gallbladder. Not sure about food intolerance. I don't think I eat much more if at all more than I normally do for meals. Also, yes, I have very bad anxiety. So maybe that could be related.

Socaljaxs
09-18-16, 11:33 PM
The issues you've been experiencing are often considered "common symtoms"of many different conditions/diagnosis... they are common symtoms that are due to/linked too/ results of so many different diagnosis/condition/reactions too ext... I would highly recommend making an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your concerns and symtoms and see if you coukd get some test run to find out what is causing you gut issues...

Also, I would recommend keeping a journal/list of foods, medication and bowel movement ext. daily including what you eat/drink moods,ext... and everything that going on with you day to day. Including what's existing prior to these episode.. it can be very useful for both you and your doctor, to help find a correlation/causation if you are able to track everything to

Also, few questions that may be able to help you especially when you speak to a professional and try to link the reasons for these issues you are experiencing

What medications/ vitamin/ supplements are you taking currently?
Also, what "if any" other symptoms do you have/had also been experiencing?
Is this a new problem or is it a long terms issue.
How often do you experience this?
What is your diet consisting of?

Pilgrim
10-01-16, 09:16 PM
After reading about the possible link of autism to the gut I realized that although I don't have terrible gut issues, I notice I have more than most people I know.

My coworkers and I usually go out to eat at least once a week and I noticed that I usually have to go to the bathroom right when we get back and my poop is often not solid.

Additionally, my farts stink sooo bad usually. Sometimes they are insanely bad. And I noticed not everyone really is this way.

Also, my skin is not smooth and nice, it's kind of pimply and not super healthy (especially my face, which is constantly red).

Does anyone else have this going on?

Your body is not breaking the foods down well. Also not processing the toxins, which are everywhere.
You may want to look at gut flora, also liver.

How do you break down medication?

aeon
10-01-16, 11:08 PM
Consider too, if you dump a good amount of sugar into your gut at once, you can cause a quick proliferation of digestive bacteria that can cause intestinal spasm and loose stool.

Well-wishes,
Ian

Toss4n
10-07-16, 01:39 AM
Consider too, if you dump a good amount of sugar into your gut at once, you can cause a quick proliferation of digestive bacteria that can cause intestinal spasm and loose stool.

Well-wishes,
Ian

This is actually not true. I see this getting thrown around a lot, but unless you suffer from some sort of IBS-D or other gut motility issue, eating a lot of simple carbs is going to have the exact opposite effect. Why? The majority of your gut bacteria lives in the colon, and those thrive on fibre. So by eating sugar and other simple carbs, you are basically starving the gut bacteria because all of those simple carbs are processed and ingested in the small intestine. Note that a spike in blood-sugar can aggravate other bacterial and yeast infestations, but in your gut it's going to cause the diversity of your bacteria to diminish and basically wreak havoc unless you start eating a lot of fibre.

EDIT: Forgot to mention SIBO, as that is something you of course don't want to be making worse by eating a lot of simple carbs.