View Full Version : Reiki/Bio-energy healing

BellaVita
09-20-16, 04:14 PM
I've got no clue why, but watching (ASMR) videos of people doing Reiki sessions and bio-energy healing really is calming to me.

I would've never looked into this stuff before, because I'm a rather science-based person and tend to not give different methods a chance.

I've never found videos so relaxing! It really works on me. It might be purely psychological, I don't know. But it really seems to work in the way the person doing the session wants it to work. (Relaxes my body, helps me get rid of worries, calms my mind, helps my body tension lower, makes me feel like my body energy is flowing better....even though I'm not sure "body energy" is even a true thing. :))

I could REALLY use this to relax me today, and I'm getting bored of watching the same two videos.

Does anyone have any videos they could share of someone performing a Reiki or bio-energy healing session on the viewer? (doesn't have to be ASMR) Or even something different, I think someone told me about some form of "tapping" but I don't know the name so I don't even know what to look up.

Anyone else find these types of sessions extremely relaxing? And soothing?

It makes my body feel like it's melting(in a soothing way) and I haven't experienced that feeling before with any form of meditation etc.

Lunacie
09-20-16, 04:51 PM
My daughter thought tapping was awesome for a time, but hasn't talked about it lately.

I learned to do energy healing 25 years ago and decided to take a course in Reiki healing to become certified.

Most of the healing I do is distance work so there's not much to see. I didn't even realize some healers filmed themselves at work. Must go look ...

So much stuff on youtube ... where to start ...

Unmanagable
09-20-16, 07:06 PM
I'm not aware of any specific videos as all the energy work I've done thus far has been directly with individuals. It's priceless.

And yep, I avoided it for a while too due to being surrounded by the naysayers who insist on everything being peer reviewed and such to validate it.

Learning about the fascia through massage therapy, the meridian through acupuncture, and then experiencing reiki healing first-hand were three eye-opening and very healing subjects that I'm glad I didn't continue to ignore.

Speaking of tapping, that Lunacie mentioned, I tried it with a you tube instructional video the other day to relieve pain in my shoulder, and it helped. It was a one time deal, thus far. I'll be trying it again as needed.

You tube university is one of my favorite learning places. lol

Kunga Dorji
03-24-17, 12:17 PM
I have had several Reiki sessions- all very calming and positive. On 2 occasions the healers came back with items of information that they could not have known from meeting me and the brief talk we had (I just did not give enough clues for either one to follow up on).
Now I am a doctor- and in my world this sort of thing just should not work. I went in to the sessions in a spirit of open mindedness-- to do an experiment, not really expecting anything.
However the effect was quite powerful and surprised me greatly. This is something I need to explore more.
Really I do not care what the science model says- I do know when I sense something which catches my curiosity, and I am happy to spend a little more money to do a few more trials.
I am actually well over dealing with people who tell me that this sort of thing is not science based and should not be considered.

Lunacie
03-24-17, 12:29 PM
I have had several Reiki sessions- all very calming and positive. On 2 occasions the healers came back with items of information that they could not have known from meeting me and the brief talk we had (I just did not give enough clues for either one to follow up on).
Now I am a doctor- and in my world this sort of thing just should not work. I went in to the sessions in a spirit of open mindedness-- to do an experiment, not really expecting anything.
However the effect was quite powerful and surprised me greatly. This is something I need to explore more.
Really I do not care what the science model says- I do know when I sense something which catches my curiosity, and I am happy to spend a little more money to do a few more trials.
I am actually well over dealing with people who tell me that this sort of thing is not science based and should not be considered.

When my bits of information were rejected (probably because they hit too
close to home) I stopped sharing that info and just let the Reiki energy flow.

A doctor can also pick up clues ... like when a person is dehydrated ...

Some doctors and nurses understand the power of touch and how energies
can be sent and recieved through simple touch ... like a pat on the shoulder.

Kunga Dorji
03-24-17, 12:38 PM
When my bits of information were rejected (probably because they hit too
close to home) I stopped sharing that info and just let the Reiki energy flow.

A doctor can also pick up clues ... like when a person is dehydrated ...

Some doctors and nurses understand the power of touch and how energies
can be sent and recieved through simple touch ... like a pat on the shoulder.

Power of touch is one thing, and any good practitioner will pick up subtle physical cues without being able to name them--- however the reiki I have had has not involved touch- all done hands off- a few centimetres away.
It has thrown up some odd, but valid, results and I am just plain curious.

I should be a good skeptic and agree that it is all nonsense- but I know that is garbage :)

Lunacie
03-24-17, 01:40 PM
Power of touch is one thing, and any good practitioner will pick up subtle physical cues without being able to name them--- however the reiki I have had has not involved touch- all done hands off- a few centimetres away.
It has thrown up some odd, but valid, results and I am just plain curious.

I should be a good skeptic and agree that it is all nonsense- but I know that is garbage :)

My niece works at a Walmart and while at work of all places she saw someone
using some Reiki energies. She knows I do this and was open-minded but was
still impressed by what she saw. She didn't say what she saw.

I expect each Reiki worker has his or her own area of talent, mine seems to
be broken bones. But once you open your senses to that energy, all kinds of
information does come through.