View Full Version : I'm not sure what I kind of ADD I have..

DaveBE
09-22-16, 01:43 PM
Hello,

I started taking Rilatine a week ago.
The 2 main results are that I am calmer in my brain (less brainfog) and that I am able to focus longer and better.

However, I am not 100% convinced which ADD type I have..

Maybe you guys can help me in the right direction?

My main symptoms (which I've had for many years) are:

Low energy
Lack of motivation
Fast to have a strong and long lasting presence of stress
Mental slowness (brainfog)
Often not hearing what is being said to me by other people (especially in large groups)
Procrastination
Low self esteem
Easily overwhelmed by tasks
Being very tired (mentally) after a normal day at work/school.

Does this sound like a "standard" ADD?

Thanks guys.

sarahsweets
09-24-16, 03:15 PM
Im sorry but I dont understand? What types are you referring to?

julialouise
09-27-16, 11:02 AM
Im sorry but I dont understand? What types are you referring to?

probably either dr amen's types or hyperactive/combined/inattentive

ginniebean
09-27-16, 10:31 PM
All in all and some don't want to believe it but types don't matter and are more ephemeral than solid. adhd .. (The disorder regardless of subtype) means you deviate from the norm in functioning and that makes life pretty hard. it necessitates work arounds that are generally unpleasant and not workable long term if you listen to 'advice' without listening to yourself.

julialouise
09-28-16, 12:29 AM
All in all and some don't want to believe it but types don't matter and are more ephemeral than solid. adhd .. (The disorder regardless of subtype) means you deviate from the norm in functioning and that makes life pretty hard. it necessitates work arounds that are generally unpleasant and not workable long term if you listen to 'advice' without listening to yourself.

adhd isn't the only way to deviate from the norm, and adhd doesn't manifest in just one way

different adhd symptoms need different forms of treatment. my brain chemistry and biology work in such a way where taking adderall or ritalin or another stimulant would be bad for me (but thats also because of comorbid depression and anxiety, but theyre both secondary 2 the adhd)

Fuzzy12
09-28-16, 02:36 AM
Probably primarily inattentive? ??

sarahsweets
09-28-16, 04:47 AM
I dont subscribe to Amen's theories. There used to be subtyes of PI,C and H but they did away with those and I am glad. I used to feel like there was always one subtype that was more favored than another.

Pilgrim
09-29-16, 01:10 PM
Probably primarily inattentive? ??

That would be my guess. Meds made a big difference, that was my experience.

Pilgrim
09-29-16, 01:14 PM
No thing as standard ADD, everyone is different. Don't compare yourself.

I agree with Sarah, I don't like the way Amen catagorises ADD. However I thing theoretically

he is interesting. I think.

RjoyD1
09-30-16, 02:22 PM
You sound primarily inattentive to me.

Enough Rope
10-04-16, 09:41 PM
I have the kind that's a pain in the tookus! :p