View Full Version : ADD P-I/SCT Strattera wearing down, what's my next move?

Railroad Johnny
09-24-16, 04:17 PM
So, I started strattera a year ago and it addressed all of my SCT symptoms (not so much my add symptoms, though) but now I'm becoming tolerant to the dosage (80 mg) and I see where I'm headed. I can ask my doctor to increase the dosage, but I'm guessing I'll just end up tolerant to that too. This is really frustrating : /

So, since stimulants never did much, I'm guessing it's the norepinephrine blockage in Strattera that worked for me. Is an anti-dep like Welbutrin or Cymbalta worth trying or maybe something like reboxetine? Thanks.

Toss4n
09-25-16, 12:58 AM
So, I started strattera a year ago and it addressed all of my SCT symptoms (not so much my add symptoms, though) but now I'm becoming tolerant to the dosage (80 mg) and I see where I'm headed. I can ask my doctor to increase the dosage, but I'm guessing I'll just end up tolerant to that too. This is really frustrating : /

So, since stimulants never did much, I'm guessing it's the norepinephrine blockage in Strattera that worked for me. Is an anti-dep like Welbutrin or Cymbalta worth trying or maybe something like reboxetine? Thanks.

Hmm could be worth trying wellbutrin with strattera. Maybe you're just so used to the med you don't see the benefits anymore? Maybe try taking a break?

Railroad Johnny
09-25-16, 03:06 PM
Hmm could be worth trying wellbutrin with strattera. Maybe you're just so used to the med you don't see the benefits anymore? Maybe try taking a break?

No, it was all of a sudden when it quit out. I had all this drive, energy, and motivation for around seven months and then one day it all just left and my brain started working at half speed.

I'm seriously looking at reboxetine. It seems sort of like strattera.