View Full Version : Buzz Cut for women? I totally dig it.

Twiggy
09-25-16, 02:56 PM
It might be impulsive or just I hate having hair go into my eyes.
But I love giving my hair a buzz cut.

Right now my hair grew out to 4 inches and it's getting too annoying for me.

I can never go back to long hair anymore.

Buzz cut it is, but after I buy new hair clippers.

julialouise
09-25-16, 03:19 PM
i remember in freshman year of college i frequently cut my own hair, often out of impulse, but driven by the fact that it was getting too long for comfort (though it was already a pixie)

i've now had this left side-cut and undercut (i have bob-length hair on the right side and around the top of the back) for about a year now and its my favorite thing

having hair is annoying

acdc01
09-25-16, 03:42 PM
I love short hair but I hate having to get my hair cut all the time. Plus, buzz cut would not look good on me.

julialouise
09-25-16, 03:54 PM
i need to buy my own set of clippers but it's just as hard for me to drop a bunch of money (especially $ that i dont have) on the actual set as it is to go to the salon. that being said, i havent paid for a haircut in a year,,,, and before that, it was also not frequent at all. i used to get them pretty regularly when i was in high school and younger, particularly because i have thick hair and i needed it thinned out regularly. getting rid of half of it has (literally) lifted some weight off my shoulders

Twiggy
09-27-16, 09:42 PM
i need to buy my own set of clippers but it's just as hard for me to drop a bunch of money (especially $ that i dont have) on the actual set as it is to go to the salon. that being said, i havent paid for a haircut in a year,,,, and before that, it was also not frequent at all. i used to get them pretty regularly when i was in high school and younger, particularly because i have thick hair and i needed it thinned out regularly. getting rid of half of it has (literally) lifted some weight off my shoulders

I bought Wahl hair clippers from Amazon. They should be arriving tomorrow. I can't wait :)

I have thin straight hair, but bought a professional grade clipper to have for years and years.

Hermus
09-27-16, 10:07 PM
Just one advice: Don't do it!

Laserbeak
09-27-16, 10:17 PM
Baaaawwwwwllllllddd women? Hmm... not for me but to each his or her own.

julialouise
09-28-16, 12:21 AM
theres no reason why buzzcuts should be gender-specific... hair doesnt make the person. sorry to go so extreme, but what if you were with a woman and she lost her hair because of something tragic? oh no!!!! now she's no longer my cup of tea!!

Greyhound1
09-28-16, 02:03 AM
It might be impulsive or just I hate having hair go into my eyes.
But I love giving my hair a buzz cut.

Right now my hair grew out to 4 inches and it's getting too annoying for me.

I can never go back to long hair anymore.

Buzz cut it is, but after I buy new hair clippers.

If you like having a buzz cut and it makes you feel confident and comfortable, I say you go for it girl!

Confidence is much more attractive than one's hair length to me.:)

Fuzzy12
09-28-16, 02:17 AM
OMg I had to look up what a buzz cut is but now that I know I absolutely want it. It would be so convenient right now.

I've always had fairly longish hair. I need to because my hair is super thick and messy so I need the length tonweigh it down. A few months I cut it to chin level and it's been annoying the hell out of me. It's too short to tie up and it keeps scratching my face. It looks cute when I straighten it which I never do because it's so soul crushingly boring so most of the time I look like wayne's friend in wayne's world. :mad:

Uggh :mad:

stef
09-28-16, 03:45 AM
I would look terrible in short hair (with my shape of face and also my hairline), but I know on a lot of women, it looks amazing!

My mom didnt have a buzz cut but it was always short and super modern and easy to fix, she had a good stylist. Also she never dyed it.

Fuzzy12
09-28-16, 07:42 AM
I'm sort of semi seriously considering g it now. I think it would look quite good on me. :scratch::)

Unmanagable
09-28-16, 08:57 AM
I say it's your head, your hair, and your decision. Do what makes you feel good and to hell with the rest. If others don't like it, tell them there's plenty other things they can be looking at and overly judging.

Several years ago, I cut most of mine off into a spike-do (or whatever you call it). It was during the time I was entering my nervous break-through. I had no time, patience, or desire to have to style my hair on top of all the stress I was juggling. I got the nickname "porcupine" from a few friends. I enjoyed the low maintenance feel of it, but it got old with peeps wanting to always touch it.

Now that I've made it to the other side of that particular scene, my hair is now longer than it's been since my late teens, early twenties. I no longer color it and rarely cut it. Braiding it, ponytail bunning it, wearing a hat or a bandana, or just letting it flow freely when I'm able to not let it bug me by being in my face is my current level of "styling". LOL

I still can't believe I used to be so intent on having all those products and appliances to make my hair stay right in place. If only I could recover some of that money, and some of those nerve endings that got hurt by the careless and unkind judgement of others.

salleh
09-28-16, 11:32 AM
I'm 66 so I am supposed to have short hair .....women of a certain age are not supposed to have long hair doncha know ......f*** 'em ......I have baby fine hair, ( but a lot of it) and I color it to match what color it was in my 20s, ( dark strawberry blonde) it got considerable darker later and it just doesn't work with my complexion .....I have maybe 10 or 12 grey hairs ....

....what drives me crazy is that it won't grow past a certain length....about 6 inches below my shoulders ....

...I wear bangs cause it will fall in my face if I don't .....

think of me as a darker hair colored Mary Travers ( from Peter Paul and Mary)

but I say do whatever make you feel good about your hair ....

...the look in the 60s, and 70s was long straight hair ...and I used to use frozen orange juice cans as rollers ( try sleeping on those !) and my roommates and I would iron each other's hair when I was a freshman in college ! I mean with an actual iron and ironing board ....but of course we lived at the beach, so no one's hair stayed straight and flat for very long .....can you say frizz ???

stef
09-28-16, 12:04 PM
I TOTALLY missed my era! how annoying.
I have thick, completly straight hair.

julialouise
09-28-16, 08:15 PM
i love the low maintenance but now the side of my hair that isn't shaved is long enough to fit into a ponytail that i keep on the side of my head (its really frickin cute especially bc my hair is a faded pink - i have brown hair but i bleached and colored it - and my hair is curly/wavy and UGH so good, i used to HATE my hair because it was so thick and unruly) and its actually even more convenient for me now because i can pull it to the side and not worry about washing it for a couple days..... or more......... im not sure if i'll ever shave my ENTIRE head but honestly it would look good too and it might happen when i'm older. its just that it takes soooo long for my hair to grow and i HATE the process of growing it out from a short style (the awkward lengths and awkward curls and UGH)

aeon
09-28-16, 09:50 PM
I'm 66 so I am supposed to have short hair .....women of a certain age are not supposed to have long hair doncha know ......f*** 'em ......

I hate that aspect of culture.

Any time I see an older woman with long silver, grey, and/or white hair, I compliment her...not as a matter of habit, but because it always does look beautiful to me.

Cheers,
Ian

Twiggy
09-28-16, 10:02 PM
Just one advice: Don't do it!

I've buzzed my hair before and love it.

I don't understand why some men are so against it. Does it make a man feel less like a man?
Does a woman automatically become ugly or something when she buzzes her hair?

Why can men have long hair and people are totally ok with it?

BUT OOHH NOOO (world starts crumbling).... People lose their minds when women get buzz cuts.

What's with that?

Society needs to stop being so shallow. Hair doesn't make a woman nor make a man.

Little Missy
09-29-16, 10:26 AM
Little heads and certain faces can really rock it well.

Twiggy
09-29-16, 05:21 PM
I did the deed.
My hair is super soft when I buzz it. Plus it looks good without any real upkeep or maintenance.
I highly recommend every women to buzz their hair off at least once in their life.

sarahsweets
09-30-16, 05:08 AM
I love my long hair. Right now its purple but when it goes white I plan on keeping the long flowing white hair. I also love the buzz cut. I cant pull it off but my son's girlfriend has one and shes a cutie.

ginniebean
09-30-16, 11:41 AM
i would love a buzz cut but will never get one. My head is big

Hermus
09-30-16, 12:08 PM
I've buzzed my hair before and love it.

I don't understand why some men are so against it. Does it make a man feel less like a man?
Does a woman automatically become ugly or something when she buzzes her hair?

Why can men have long hair and people are totally ok with it?

BUT OOHH NOOO (world starts crumbling).... People lose their minds when women get buzz cuts.

What's with that?

Society needs to stop being so shallow. Hair doesn't make a woman nor make a man.

Why can't men wear make-up? Same thing. ;)

A woman with short hair/a buzzcut is just not for me. Some women can have it, sure. But those same women in general would look even better with long hair.

Even on men I think buzzcuts are not great by the way. Unless a man is bald, hair is always preferable to me.

midnightstar
09-30-16, 12:12 PM

A woman with short hair/a buzzcut is just not for me. Some women can have it, sure. But those same women in general would look even better with long hair.

Even on men I think buzzcuts are not great by the way. Unless a man is bald, hair is always preferable to me.

With makeup though, there's not the same stigma towards men wearing makeup than there is to women having very short hair. I remember as a kid I had short hair and that was one of the things I got picked on at school for and was called a boy more times than I can remember.

Hermus
09-30-16, 12:14 PM
Euhm, I don't usually see men wearing make-up. But unless you are a goth I don't think it's that accepted. There is a difference between the sexes that makes people physically attractive to each other. Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.

midnightstar
09-30-16, 12:19 PM
Euhm, I don't usually see men wearing make-up. But unless you are a goth I don't think it's that accepted. There is a difference between the sexes that makes people physically attractive to each other. Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.

Might not be accepted here you are but where I live, men can wear what they like and do what they like and nobody gives a crap. If a woman says sod it and does/wears what she wants society tries pressuring her to "fit in".

namazu
09-30-16, 12:41 PM
Let's celebrate that instead of reducing all differences to make everyone look alike.

Hermus, the world contains multitudes.

Just because you happen to fancy women with long hair doesn't mean everyone does, and some people don't really care what other people think, anyway.

I mean, you're entitled to have your personal preferences, sure!

But to reduce women generally to objects of sexual attraction whose hair is there for men's aesthetic pleasure? To insist that women everywhere ought to "celebrate our differences" (from men) by conforming to your arbitrary standard of beauty? That's awfully retrograde.

Little Missy
09-30-16, 04:58 PM
You know what I think?

Suum cuique pulchrum est, to each his own is beautiful.

karenparker
09-30-16, 06:00 PM
I don't think I'd go for a buzz cut, but I recently cut my hair very short keeping only the fringe longer. It felt really liberating, especially after all those years I'd spend thinking about what others think.
I love it - the way it looks and also how much easier it made my mornings.

I really hate the notion that femininity is all about the length of the hair or whatever other silly ideas people come up with.

karenparker
09-30-16, 06:06 PM
Might not be accepted here you are but where I live, men can wear what they like and do what they like and nobody gives a crap. If a woman says sod it and does/wears what she wants society tries pressuring her to "fit in".
Really? I mean, I do encounter men wearing full face makeup and I think it's great, but I would never think it's more socially acceptable than for women to have short hair.

sarahsweets
10-01-16, 08:05 AM
I love makeup and long hair and bright colors. Thats why I have purple hair-Im not punk or girlie- its my favorite color and I have had it for 3 years now. But to say that we should celebrate the differences between the sexes based on physical attractions? And that physical attraction is based on what "men" think is attractive to them? I dont see many women talking about about how men should have a certain length of hair to be attractive. In fact men can have short hair, long hair and even be bald and there are tons of different types of women who will think that is attractive.
There arent many women who say a man has to have a certain length of hair to be considered attractive.

You are saying we should celebrate the differences between the sexes and physical attraction based on what YOU think they are and what is the standard for beauty. You think having a woman with long hair means she is attractive and that its a difference between the sexes that promotes beauty.
I cant believe you feel that way honestly.

sarahsweets
10-01-16, 08:06 AM

Seriously? You have determined that a woman with a buzz cut would actually look better with long hair?

Little Missy
10-01-16, 08:22 AM
I love buzz cuts on men.

moth2flame
10-01-16, 09:10 AM
I'm a woman, and my hair is buzz-cut length (3/8") everywhere except for a mohawk-like strip on top. :) I don't *think* it counts as a full mohawk... because it doesn't go down the back of my head... not sure what to call that, besides Nothing But Bangs, and/or Tank Girl haircut!

The first time I ever buzzed my head was when I was 19 (I'm 34 now). It was totally on impulse, and I LOVED it!! Haircare was basically nonexistent! The wind on my scalp was amazing! The other people wanting to touch it thing got annoying pretty fast, though... especially because my scalp also got sunburned a day or two after I cut it. One other longer-term dislike for me was that, because I have light-ish colored, verrrry fine hair, at its shortest it looked like I was bald with a sparkly scalp, which I didn't find very appealing. And once it gets long enough to look like I have hair... is right when it starts to stick *straight out*, and in all the wrong directions, making me want to cut it all off again. Ugh!! :umm1:

I had it medium-short for a few years, and liked that, too... but it was just too difficult/expensive to maintain (especially with the ADHD, and all of the accompanying life chaos)... after a couple years of it being around shoulder-length, I began to realize again just how much I *loathe* having long hair, how not-good it looks (on me), how itchy and unruly and greasy and awful it is (for me), how much time/energy it eats up to wash/brush/style it and for basically zero (if not negative) satisfaction... finally reached a breaking point this summer and said *** it, egged on by 100+ degree days: got some $15 walmart clippers and "went full-on skater," as a friend put it. Since then I've done a full 180, and I could *not* be happier with my hair!! It's great, and easy, and freeing, and fuzzy. Maybe not for everyone, but it works for me!

karenparker
10-01-16, 10:41 AM
Seriously? You have determined that a woman with a buzz cut would actually look better with long hair?
I mean, I get everyone has preferences, but this annoys me so, so much. Or maybe not annoys. Saddens?
It's somewhere there on pair with men that would rather have chapped hands in Winter, because they believe using hand cream will take away their masculinity and such. Such a shallow look at what makes us women/men.

midnightstar
10-01-16, 01:47 PM
Really? I mean, I do encounter men wearing full face makeup and I think it's great, but I would never think it's more socially acceptable than for women to have short hair.

Where I live, a woman having short hair is as frowned upon as running down the street with no clothes on. I'm being serious (not that I've ever gone outside with nothing on but that's beside the point)

karenparker
10-01-16, 02:02 PM
Where I live, a woman having short hair is as frowned upon as running down the street with no clothes on. I'm being serious (not that I've ever gone outside with nothing on but that's beside the point)
But are you really saying that a guy with full makeup would be less of a problem? :eek:

midnightstar
10-01-16, 02:07 PM
But are you really saying that a guy with full makeup would be less of a problem? :eek:

*nods* just the stupid place I live in where people think that way.

karenparker
10-01-16, 02:18 PM
*nods* just the stupid place I live in where people think that way.
I'm super curious now what place exactly that is? I of course understand if you don't want to share.

midnightstar
10-01-16, 02:31 PM
I'm super curious now what place exactly that is? I of course understand if you don't want to share.

All I can say publically is it's a small village. For safety and privacy reasons I can't specify where or anything.

julialouise
10-01-16, 07:43 PM

more men ARE beginning to wear makeup, and it's becoming increasingly encouraged. whoops!

julialouise
10-01-16, 07:45 PM

also, i didn't realize that lesbians and gays and bisexual and pansexual people didn't exist.