View Full Version : New to Ritalin and LAWD halp meh

foreverwarrior
10-01-16, 09:49 PM
Just started Ritalin IR yesterday after seeing my doc. I've had trouble finding effective meds recently as I've been diagnosed with MS this year and things have changed physically. I was previously on Adderall, and before that dexedrine and Vyvanse. Adderall worked well but the duration was short due to my metabolism, and also I have a norep. deficiency due to MS.

Prescribed 10mg twice daily, but my doctor wrote additional info and is having me up the dosage daily, logging it, and seeing if this works - If it doesnt I'll go right back to adderall.

So far I've been having trouble. I've felt very tired, but also kind of focused - But so tired I can't get anything done. I did dose at 20mg instead of ten today, and it gave me a decent amount of symptom control for about two hours - then I felt spaced out, tired, sort of "disconnected", and also kind of short tempered. Any tips on this? Going to try to tweak it a bit more before I give up - I'm thinking I need to crank up the dosage a good deal, as I see many here take 30-40mg as a starter for their day.

sarahsweets
10-02-16, 05:22 AM
Did yoiu ever try adderall xr or dex spansules?

foreverwarrior
10-02-16, 09:36 AM
Yep - Actually temporarily stopping the Adderall XR to give Ritalin a go. From seeing your posts, we are similar I think (well, medication requirement wise). I'm just still in the early stages of getting my doctor to work me up the ladder safely and appropriately. I had never tried Methylphenidate meds - So we decided to give it a shot.

C15H25N3O
10-02-16, 09:51 AM
I dont really know about MS but methylphenidate makes less muscle stiffness than amphetamines which could be an advantage.

sarahsweets
10-04-16, 04:21 AM
Yep - Actually temporarily stopping the Adderall XR to give Ritalin a go. From seeing your posts, we are similar I think (well, medication requirement wise). I'm just still in the early stages of getting my doctor to work me up the ladder safely and appropriately. I had never tried Methylphenidate meds - So we decided to give it a shot.

Ive taken both adderall and dex separately but the new combo is adderall xr and dex spansule and so far its been really good. I think because of my bipolar, ritalin caused too many mood issues.