View Full Version : I Got New Perfume and I'm Excited Because I Just Am!

Joker_Girl
10-02-16, 11:16 AM
So I got new perfume, I am not normally one who wears a great deal of fragrance in public, too much of it stuffs me up, and so many new scents are more along a bath not body Works or Victoria's secret type thing.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm all about my house and my clothes and my car smelling good, so I'm addicted to candles, wax tarts, incense, fabric softeners etc. In fact, I am very much disliking of any fragrance I find unappealing, such as sweat, dog pee, etc). I take pains to make sure my environment smells peaceful and vanilla/ fruity/ cinnamon/ whatever.

But actual PERFUME, that is something I wear sparingly, either just for my own enjoyment or as a come on to my husband. Maybe if we are going out for a classy meal or to a party. So it is not something I buy a lot of, or use a lot of. But I'm trying to be more girly, and wear a little makeup sometimes, instead of sweats and a ponytail.

My usual scents I like, are older and bold, requiring very little of. I am fond of Chanel #5 and #19; Shalimar, Ysatis, Paloma Picasso, etc.

But I bought a bottle of La Vie Est Belle, which is much, much sweeter and more girly than my usual, and I've been liking it so far. At first, it kind of screams "sorority girl!", but after a half hour or so, it gets really nice and warm and happy smelling.

I want to try Messe de minuit by Etro.

ginniebean
10-02-16, 12:00 PM
glad you found something you like. i also found a perfume I like called haute i think. after over a decade of fruit and food scents being the rage i'm completely sick of them. Sadly most people like them. I am even considering adding essential oils to my shampoo and body wash. I cannot stand how they smell.

stef
10-02-16, 12:29 PM
hey that's just nice to read :)
i dont really wear perfume but i just love findng some new product or shampoo or whatever. i like the baby powder or fresh type scents of things.

psychopathetic
10-02-16, 02:53 PM
I love cologne. Well...not just cologne, but I love being clean, wearing clean and nice looking outfits, and smelling good.

Presenting myself to the world like I give a f**k, just feels great to me. It makes me walk around with my head held high.

I struggled with my hygiene for years (still do tbh when I'm not functioning so well)...and I use to wear the cheapest pants I could find at the stores, cheap shoes and really dumb t-shirts. I was a slob.

But then I got into college and decided to take a loan out at my bank to upgrade my wardrobe. Got a bunch of very nice slacks, good quality undershirts and button up work shirts.
I also bought some cologne at Macy's...it's the first time I'd ever bought a decent cologne and it was really exciting for me. I bought a bottle of Acqua Di Gio...omg it smells SO good!
lol I also learned that I don't have to bathe myself in cologne. That 1 or 2 sprays is more than enough...any more and the scent will be over powering and will turn people off.

And it transformed me.
I can't tell you how much better I felt! It's like all this weight and shame had been lifted. I could walk into a store knowing I looked damn good, and smelt damn good.
I actively looked forward to one of my college classes where everyone sat at a couple small tables...and it was a full class, so I always had to sit close to other people at the table. But I knew I was clean and smelt good and I was so proud of the fact...so it didn't cause me to panic like it would've in my past when I was a gross slob.

lol sorry to turn this all around and talk about me.
It just brought up some fond memories.
I love the feeling of being well groomed and dressed. It feels so great!

I'm glad you found a perfume you enjoy :D I hope that it helps you feel great too!!

Hermus
10-02-16, 03:03 PM
Perfume smells great on girls. I always like it when they have a nice smell. Just not so much that I can't breathe. Every now and then I meet someone who wears so much perfume that it starts to irritate my airways.

Myself, I sometimes wear cologne. Not as often as I would want to, but I definitely feel more confident when I'm wearing a nice smell and nice clothes.

salleh
10-03-16, 12:04 AM
As usual, I have a story .....a couple of years ago, my then current car gave up the ghost in the 99 cent only store parking lot...so I took the bus home .....just straight down San Pablo Ave.....got off nearest my house, and started walking that 4 blocks ....about 1/2 way there I discovered a couple of good sized boxes and they were both filled with partially used bottles of name brand and rather expensive perfumes ....I took one home then immediately came back and got the other one .....

....Have no idea why someone would toss literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars of perfume away ....but my current favorite is Blush, don't know who it's by ....but it is lovely ....this morning, I was in the van taking me from the parking lot to my "row" at the Alameda Point Antique show, and the guy driving the van told me how much he loved the perfume I was wearing ....whee ....so apparently, other people like it on me too ....

...Perfume is weird....everyone's body chemistry is different, so they can smell different on diff. people .....

....I am working my way through those 2 boxes !

( and I'm with you Ginnie ....why on earth would I want to smell like food ? or fruit even ....gimme flowers any old time .....although I love "Cool Water" ....the real stuff is much nicer than the cheap knock offs of course, but I'll take what I can get with that one ....

..Not food or fruit, or even flowers.....but clean and fresh smelling ....

salleh
10-03-16, 12:07 AM
Oh and Joker Girl ....just take these little joys of life when they come ....and enjoy those joys ! ....no need to justify them ...I just like it is a perfectly fine and reasonable way to feel .....

psychopathetic
10-03-16, 01:04 AM
( and I'm with you Ginnie ....why on earth would I want to smell like food ? or fruit even ....gimme flowers any old time

WELL SHOOT!
Cause I was gonna buy you this for christmas :(

http://www.fargginay.com/images/1productclassiclg.jpg