View Full Version : Scared of Ritalin trial, Dexedrine + Ritalin ?

ADHDsim
10-03-16, 09:30 AM
Hi,

So my doctor has okayed the use of Ritalin for AM awakening 10mg then 25mg Dexedrine across the remainder of the day.

My fear however odd is simply seeing something that I can't Unsee, that is what if this medication opens my eyes to all the additional things I found out to have lacked apon taking Dexedrine.

It sounds odd but Dexedrine was in my face about how much I really sucked over the years and I suppose I don't want to find out that I still kind of sucked with Dexedrine?

Naturally I assume (after researching) that the two can be used together but my strange fear remains.

ADHDsim
10-03-16, 09:34 AM
Is there really that much difference between the two? My ADHD is exceptionally bad, for instance discovering the relevance of time at age 25 is borderline idiotic. I know it's important just I understand it better now -.-

Anyway are the two much the same?

foreverwarrior
10-04-16, 04:00 AM
They are different. Dexedrine is still an amphetamine - Causing the release of dopamine (among other things). Ritalin is methylphenidate - Which to my understanding is a dopamine/norepenephrine reuptake inhibitor. I've taken both and they both a very different in my opinion as far as effectiveness goes.

sarahsweets
10-04-16, 04:19 AM
Is there really that much difference between the two? My ADHD is exceptionally bad, for instance discovering the relevance of time at age 25 is borderline idiotic. I know it's important just I understand it better now -.-

Anyway are the two much the same?

Ive taken both and I think there is a big difference. For me, ritalin caused a lot of mood issues, but I am also bipolar so maybe this has something to do with it.