View Full Version : any opinions needed

Krellon
10-03-16, 04:38 PM
ok so i just started Vyvanse recently from changing over from concerta 27mg because ADHD is why he thinks i have the issues i have but i mentioned to my doctor that its effectiveness would fluctuate (i.e. it would work for like an hour then stop for two and then all of sudden it would work again for a brief time after weeks of being on it) and my doctor wants me to start at 10mg of vyvanse and then up the dosage by 10mgs every two weeks and i've done some research and found that the starting dose is usually 30mg and its kind of driving me crazy that i have to wait 6 weeks to get to the dosage others start on. i just wanted another opinion of someone who has been on vyvanse on whether or not i should set up a doctor appointment and go from there, i don't wanna spend the next 5 weeks waiting around for something to happen and it doesn't, this week has already been killing me. any opinions/input would be appreciated thanks.

C15H25N3O
10-03-16, 04:48 PM
Dude, thats an enormous long phrase worm.

Amphetamines are not as simple to adjust like methylphenidate.

Especially Vyvanse can be a P.I.T.A. to adjust but if it works it works great.

If you have been on 27mg of Concerta/day you could become happy in 2 weeks.

So, just head up ^.

Krellon
10-03-16, 04:55 PM
well on concerta it actually didn't do anything for focus just made me feel calmer really thats also why i went in looking to up the dosage or something so you think the 5 weeks wait to get up to 30mg is fine?

sarahsweets
10-04-16, 04:24 AM
personally I think that 5 weeks is crazy, when I was on vyvanse I started on 30mg. I forget the exchange rate but the amount of the dex prodrug in vyvanse is ridiculously low. Vyvanse didnt work for me for a variety of reasons but alot of people have had success with it, providing they start at a good dose.

C15H25N3O
10-04-16, 05:22 AM
20mg Vyvanse are equivalent to 27mg Concerta.

http://www.uacap.org/uploads/3/2/5/0/3250432/stimulant_equivalency.pdf

Krellon
10-04-16, 11:05 AM
Yea i'm just gonna end up following through what he suggested and persevere through these 5 weeks. thanks for the input everyone. very appreciated

Swan1969
10-23-16, 11:04 AM
I have been on Vyvanse for 3 months now and I feel very comfortable. At first I was agitated and irritable. I found out that you shouldn't drink coffee at all. I drink lots of water and have a soda a day. It takes time. Are you receiving a coupon from your Dr? Because I know one day I will not be able to afford it. Looking for best alternatives now. But Vyvanse has worked great for me so far. I have struggled with Add ever since I was little. But finally got help this year. I always did bad in school. Communication with people has always been a struggle and no attention span. Missing chunks of info. I still do that on occasion. Plus the Narcolepsy was making life miserable. I tried anti depressants and would have no results and having crazy sleep paralysis. I feel for ya. Don't give up yet.
ok so i just started Vyvanse recently from changing over from concerta 27mg because ADHD is why he thinks i have the issues i have but i mentioned to my doctor that its effectiveness would fluctuate (i.e. it would work for like an hour then stop for two and then all of sudden it would work again for a brief time after weeks of being on it) and my doctor wants me to start at 10mg of vyvanse and then up the dosage by 10mgs every two weeks and i've done some research and found that the starting dose is usually 30mg and its kind of driving me crazy that i have to wait 6 weeks to get to the dosage others start on. i just wanted another opinion of someone who has been on vyvanse on whether or not i should set up a doctor appointment and go from there, i don't wanna spend the next 5 weeks waiting around for something to happen and it doesn't, this week has already been killing me. any opinions/input would be appreciated thanks.