View Full Version : Keep trying Strattera or switch to Concerta?

mssblue
10-06-16, 11:18 AM
Hi. I've been on Strattera for 2 months now and my follow up appointment is coming up soon. I'm in a bit of dillema because so far Strattera hasn't worked for my focus or motivation. I've been on 40mg and my doctor has written to my GP that on the next ADD check-up visit my dose might be upped to 60mg or they might switch me to Concerta XL depending how things have gone.
So far Strattera only works for me as antidepressant so in a way I don't want to stop taking it for this benefit alone.
On the other hand I really REALLY need to be able to focus more and stop procrastinating with every single thing in my life...and that's how I feel like I am at the moment...

So I really don't know what to ask doctor for. Will upping my dose to 60mg really help? Somehow I doubt it. Switching to Concerta feels like only option of really exploring the effects of a 'real' stimulant...

I feel like I'm not moving anywhere with my attention deficit and wasting my time waiting for Strattera to help with my focus :scratch: :umm1:

I know some people are on both but I doubt they would let me do this.They seem to be very careful with my doses (UK). Not sure where to take this :umm1:
I guess I just wanted to vent but if anyone has any advice for me it will be much appreciated.. Thanks! :o

sarahsweets
10-06-16, 11:26 AM
I wonder if you can take both? Statterra was originally meant as an antidepressant anyway.

bluefoxicy
10-06-16, 04:45 PM
Strattera can work with AMP or MPH. This was explored in 2004 (http://www.drthomasebrown.com/pdfs/atx_stims_article.pdf) and has become commonplace.

mssblue
10-07-16, 08:48 AM
Thanks a lot. I will ask my doctor. Fingers crossed they won't shut this idea down.