View Full Version : Drunken behavior gets on my nerves

Lloyd_
10-08-16, 07:07 AM
Needless to say my roommate's new gf is already getting on my nerves mostly because she's drunk all the time which makes her loud and obnoxious, so now I am forced with either 1. putting up with it or 2. going out more or getting a 2nd job. Maybe this situation is an opportune time for myself to force myself to start dating again? :eek:

Nevertheless getting off my *** and doing something seems to be an insurmountable task for me or is it I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be?

I better do something and quick before I start getting mouthy because drunks really do get on my nerves!!! :mad:

Unmanagable
10-08-16, 10:15 AM
I used to be one of the loud boisterous intoxicated ones, too. But after giving it up, my ability to be immersed with others who are drinking is now non-existent. I can't hang with them and have no desire to even try. I can't imagine having to try to sit through that in my own home. UGH! Good luck in figuring out a distraction.

Hermus
10-08-16, 10:49 AM
I used to be one of the loud boisterous intoxicated ones, too. But after giving it up, my ability to be immersed with others who are drinking is now non-existent. I can't hang with them and have no desire to even try. I can't imagine having to try to sit through that in my own home. UGH! Good luck in figuring out a distraction.

That might be typical for people who quitted alcohol. At least for me it is the same. With some of my friends all they talk about is how they were drunk and how they are going to get drunk. Since I gave up drinking I find it difficult with them and I think I might have to give that part of my life up. It's also very logical: If you don't do drugs there's nothing of interest to find in a drug den. If you're off alcohol being in a place in which everything involves drinking is just as uninteresting.

Luckily I was never a loud drunk myself. When drunk I mostly get more withdrawn. That might be why a lot of my friends barely noticed that I had a problem. I can drink a lot without showing outward signs of impairment.

Pilgrim
10-08-16, 05:14 PM
I'm the same. A lot of the guys are drunks. I use to drink but, when they are drunk or tipsy,
They are just a pain to be around.
It's funny , in a weird sort of way, they seem to resent that I don't drink and I just don't want to be around when they do.
My boss loves the grog and sort of respects that I don't jump on with them.

mctavish23
10-08-16, 05:53 PM
Mine too ;)

U R Welcome :cool:

julialouise
10-08-16, 08:46 PM
my roommate has a drinking problem and every time i hear a beer can pop open, my blood boils (also probably part of the misophonia)

but like Hermus said, i'm the type to not really seem drunk even when i'm drinking. i'm just happier and more confident. but that's also because i typically control the amount i drink and only do it on the weekends during the school year.

TygerSan
10-08-16, 08:58 PM
Drunken behavior used to be somewhat amusing to me (as someone who doesn't tend to drink heavily, I was often the most sober one in college). What bothers me greatly, though, is watching people get so drunk they lose the ability to walk unassisted or pass out in public places. It's terrifying to watch and know that that individual has almost no control over what happens to them and generally won't remember. To relinquish that amount of control terrifies me.

Bro drunken "I can say anything I want to and get away with it" drunk drives me up the wall. And people who say "I didn't mean it, I was drunk," well, my personal philosophy is that if you really, deep down, didn't want to get up on that table and dance topless, you would have mustered the willpower to *not* do it. Alcohol removes the brakes and can reveal some . . . unsavory . . . truths about ourselves.

I can get falling down drunk and act relatively sober. A police officer almost asked me to drive my idiot roommate who mouthed off and wound up getting arrested for disorderly conduct (looong story, bad cops) till he looked at my eyes and realized I was too drunk to do so legally, and I once had to *fall down* in order to convince the two resident drunks in grad school that I *really was* too drunk to have another.