View Full Version : Anyone Else on Max Dose?

Rich1967
10-08-16, 09:22 PM
A couple years ago, I found a psychiatrist who put me on Concerta. It works really well.

He started me out on the lowest dose. Over time, we gradually increased the dose. I asked him when I would know if I started taking too much. He told me I would start having adverse symptoms like hallucinations, rapid heartbeat, panic attacks, etc.

I've been on the maximum dose (54mg) for about a year and have had no negative side effects. Maybe short periods of rapid heartbeat the first few weeks, but nothing since then. It works great.

Has anyone else responded this way? Is this a sign that my body needs the medication since I'm on the maximum dose with no bad side effects?

Thanks for any input.

namazu
10-08-16, 10:57 PM
Is this a sign that my body needs the medication since I'm on the maximum dose with no bad side effects?
It's not a sign that your body "needs the medication", per se, but the fact that it works well with no side effects is a sign that you're at a good dose for you, for treating your ADHD -- and that's great.

(For what it's worth, sometimes people are prescribed higher doses, though the pills only come in doses of up to 54mg each.)