View Full Version : Has anyone read "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy?"?

sampeckinpah
10-10-16, 06:58 PM
A little off topic but has anyone read the book "You mean I'm not lazy, stupid or crazy?" my psychologist recommended it to me and was wondering if it was any good?

Lunacie
10-10-16, 09:22 PM
It's been several years since I read it (at least a decade) so some of it may be outdated, but I know it really resonated with me.

DJ Bill
10-11-16, 01:22 PM
It's a good book to start your quest for information with. It is the book that got me to ask my docs about the possibility that I had adhd.

salleh
10-11-16, 02:36 PM
it's been at least 15 years since I read it, but as I recall, it has quite a lot of good information .....and if it's been updated be sure and get that version

Meadd
03-30-17, 04:09 PM
Ha!
Just asked similar question at different thread. I am almost thru with the book... Interesting to read about me all over the freagging book, I'm not sure that im finding big solutions, only explanations to the ADD issues and a bit of asdvice/guidance... When I finish it, I am going to explore "Driven to distraction" see how it turns out. Thanks for the post.

Fuzzy12
03-30-17, 04:14 PM
Ha!
Just asked similar question at different thread. I am almost thru with the book... Interesting to read about me all over the freagging book, I'm not sure that im finding big solutions, only explanations to the ADD issues and a bit of asdvice/guidance... When I finish it, I am going to explore "Driven to distraction" see how it turns out. Thanks for the post.

Delivered from distraction is a later version so if you haven't bought it yet I'd get that.

That's my favourite book on adhd. I haven't managed to read anything else since then but that's probably because delivered to distraction was the first book I read.

I started you mean I'm not lazy crazy etc but I found it a bit messy and unstructured.

Johnny Slick
03-30-17, 05:40 PM
OMG YES. This was the book I read right after I got my diagnosis and I have to admit I cried during the first half of it or so because it felt like the whole thing was describing *me*.

Meadd
03-31-17, 01:19 AM
Delivered from distraction is a later version so if you haven't bought it yet I'd get that.

That's my favourite book on adhd. I haven't managed to read anything else since then but that's probably because delivered to distraction was the first book I read.

I started you mean I'm not lazy crazy etc but I found it a bit messy and unstructured.

I am glad you posted this, I found a lot of ideas that I perhaps I knew already about, ie mnemonic techniques, calendars, color coded file systems and such, however, like you said, haphazard solutions to the well writen descriptions of the problems we face... OK so I knew I was not Crazy, lazy or stupid, and thank you for the stories, and the research...

I was hoping for more on hands juicy boot camp training. ( I am not trying to criticize with impunity, but after reading my own post, I think I am):o

Meadd
03-31-17, 01:20 AM
OMG YES. This was the book I read right after I got my diagnosis and I have to admit I cried during the first half of it or so because it felt like the whole thing was describing *me*.

I too saw myself all over the book Johnny...

sarahsweets
03-31-17, 05:59 AM
Its funny, right after I joined here I downloaded it to my kindle. Havent read it yet.

Letching Gray
04-11-17, 11:53 PM
A long time ago. It was good.

finallyfound10
04-12-17, 03:57 AM
I haven't but I want to read all of the "ADHD Classics."

I have plans to when I am done with my BSN program in August as right now it's all reading for school.