View Full Version : Goodbye for now

Hermus
10-12-16, 02:06 AM
Five weeks ago my psychologist tricked me. I was coming there for a multitude of personal problems and at the second intake she suggested that I first needed to tackle my drinking behaviour. Of course I denied having a drinking problem. I wasn't downing a bottle of vodka a day, right? My psych suggested that I would at least inquire for some information at the addiction treatment institution. Of course when I did the first appointment was planned in no time. Very cunning strategy. :giggle:

At the addiction treatment facility there was an intake in which they asked me about my alcohol abuse and the role substances played in my life. After having a conversation with my therapist the head therapist told me that they advised me to go to South Africa for nine weeks. At first I was shocked. Yet, I met someone there who had been to Africa himself and told me that it was the best experience of his life. So I quickly decided that I would go and got things arranged for my departure.

One of the strengths of the institution that is going to do my treatment is that they give you little time to think about whether this is really what you want to do. So the second time I came there everything already was put into motion to get me to their clinic in South Africa. Tomorrow I'll be leaving on a jet plane. To South Africa it is!

At the moment I'm still full of doubts. Do I really belong in that clinic? Am I really that addicted? What is South Africa going to bring me? Yet, through going to group meetings two times I came to understand that these doubts are very normal in the first stage after having been diagnosed with addiction. I'm hopeful that I will come back a different man after South Africa. Or as I tell friends, that I will be Hermus 2.0 after coming back.

Thank you all for your support and I will think of you when I'm there. All take care of yourselves and you will see me again in December.

:grouphug:

Fuzzy12
10-12-16, 02:09 AM
I'm sure doubts are normal. Try not to worry too much. You don't really have anything to lose isn't it but you've got much to gain. Just keep an open mind and go easy on yourself.

Best of luck. Take good care of yourself. :grouphug:

Hermus
10-12-16, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM

stef
10-12-16, 08:30 AM
Take care!

C15H25N3O
10-12-16, 08:35 AM
happy holiday! enjoy africa!

midnightstar
10-12-16, 09:49 AM
Hope it helps you Hermus, see you back here in December :grouphug:

Matador
10-12-16, 10:32 AM
Good luck!

psychopathetic
10-12-16, 10:40 AM
((((((((((((((Herm Herms))))))))))))))

I really am proud as hell of you for tackling this!

Little Missy
10-12-16, 03:16 PM
Fly safe.

John Crichton always said that to Aeryn Sun.

Actually, it was the other way around probably.

Hermus
10-12-16, 05:28 PM
Fly safe.

John Crichton always said that to Aeryn Sun.

Actually, it was the other way around probably.

I had to look up that reference. A tough girl in leather. Lovely!

DJ Bill
10-12-16, 06:55 PM
To quote something I hear quite often....recovery is not for those who need it. It only works for those who want it.

Best of luck to you...It might be difficult but the other side will be worth the battle.