View Full Version : Drug testing, adderall prescription, and pot

Magnolia23
10-15-16, 04:41 PM
I am 41 and just got my 1st month script for adderall. I had to see a psychologist twice for the add diagnosis. She sent a report to me and my doc and included that I did not appear to have any drug or addiction problems. When initially prescribing the adderall the doc did not drug test me or mention drug tests. But I'm wondering if I should expect drug tests in the future. I've seen old threads discussing this but the most recent was 2013. Out of respect for recovering addicts and anyone struggling I do not wish to begin a debate about whether or not pot is ok. I only want to know if this is still common practice. There would be nothing else shady in my drug test.

Socaljaxs
10-16-16, 03:12 PM
Yes, you should absolutely expect random drug test. And yes having pot in your system would fail a drug test and it is almost always tested along with opiates stimulants etc) your doctor many not have an issue with it but regardless it would be a failed drug test

I am 41 and just got my 1st month script for adderall. I had to see a psychologist twice for the add diagnosis. She sent a report to me and my doc and included that I did not appear to have any drug or addiction problems. When initially prescribing the adderall the doc did not drug test me or mention drug tests. But I'm wondering if I should expect drug tests in the future. I've seen old threads discussing this but the most recent was 2013. Out of respect for recovering addicts and anyone struggling I do not wish to begin a debate about whether or not pot is ok. I only want to know if this is still common practice. There would be nothing else shady in my drug test.

Magnolia23
10-17-16, 01:17 PM
Thank you. My treatment is very important and not worth risking. I think for once I'm going to make a good decision and see what happens. Imagine that, me making a good and mature decision!