View Full Version : Intros?

asiAchiever
10-17-16, 01:23 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I want to see if people have the same athletic interests as I do, or if other people have the same interests with each other.

So, if you want, please leave your name, any sports that you play, and any other exercise that you do. I'll start:

My name is Paul. I have been swimming competitively since I was in first grade, but I had done some karate, mixed martial arts, wrestling, fencing, and soccer in the past. I don't do much other exercise besides swimming, unless walking my dog counts :p

I'm looking forward to see your responses (if any)!

TygerSan
10-17-16, 08:26 AM
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. :)

I taught myself how to swim when I was four, but didn't start swimming (quasi) competitively until I was 12. Learning the strokes then was challenging, but I did mostly enjoy the experience. Having more experienced coaches who could've dialed back the intervals to manageable levels for a newbie still learning the strokes would have helped somewhat.

Swam in high school on a no-cut team. Dropped it in college because the time commitment was too much.

After a very long hiatus I now run regularly and have been running for the past 3 years. I just finished my second marathon on Saturday. It . . . did not go quite to plan. I still finished and I'll definitely take the mental win instead of a PR.

Bluechoo
10-17-16, 08:36 AM
Welcome! I got into shape after highschool; I did not play much sports before then. I was gung ho about it until my mid twenties, then after college I had a crash (on several levels), and have been back into the active lifestyle for a couple years now.

I take it a little easier now than I did in my twenties. I still like high intensity and challenging myself, but now I also focus on yoga, breathing, and relaxation.

The only sport I ever found I could enjoy and perform somewhat acceptably at was beach volleyball! I am always down for a game of BVB.

Unmanagable
10-17-16, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood. :)

I used to never exercise on purpose and was morbidly obese much of my adult life. I don't do well with formal and expected, I'm much better at just having fun and just winging it.

The last year and a half, thanks to a medical emergency that prompted major lifestyle changes, I've discovered the mini-trampoline and hula hooping, in addition to nature walking and random dancing, and have flipped the script on my wellness pursuits, big time, and have lost 110 lbs. Nurturing and rewarding are the two words that immediately come to mind.

Daily purposeful movement is now incredibly accessible, as I have it set up at home as part of my decor, incredibly affordable, as I make my own hoops and purchased used exercise equipment, and it's inviting and fun, which is the exact opposite of how I felt when approaching the doors of a gym or fitness club and such.

Glad you decided to be a part of the community and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Socaljaxs
10-17-16, 01:16 PM
Welcome,to the forums paul:)

I've spent my most of my life participating in some type sports. Other than when I was sidelined due to Ana back condition from 2011-2014 I've always been involved in some physical activity...

water baby here and total pool rat:)..Growing up I was a competive swimmer started at 6. . Stopped competing in college but remained active as a swimmer until 08 when I just officially burned out. Along with competitive swimming I was also a synchronized swimmer, water polo player, surfer.i managed a city pool and coached swimmers as well...

Land activities ranges from tried it out and stopped to fell in love and still try to get in a workout when possible.. currently when time permits and my body behaves, I'm heavy into Muay Thai and jujitsu.. Muay Thai more so than jujitsu. But I also dance when I fell good and can't fight

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I want to see if people have the same athletic interests as I do, or if other people have the same interests with each other.

So, if you want, please leave your name, any sports that you play, and any other exercise that you do. I'll start:

My name is Paul. I have been swimming competitively since I was in first grade, but I had done some karate, mixed martial arts, wrestling, fencing, and soccer in the past. I don't do much other exercise besides swimming, unless walking my dog counts :p

I'm looking forward to see your responses (if any)!

ginniebean
10-17-16, 03:17 PM
Hey Paul, when younger I played all sorts of sports and I now mostly play games

Pilgrim
10-17-16, 07:54 PM
I find sports that give me that feeling of freedom and give my body the ability to stretch and flex.
I played highly competitive Rugby and Basketball.

I'm also a brown belt in Judo.