View Full Version : what do your desktop, folders, bookmarks on your computer look like

julialouise
10-19-16, 06:41 PM
my desktop gets extremely cluttered with images that i want to save and/or share on another site, LOTS of screenshots, and a couple folders titled "Miscellaneous," "Screenshots," and "Photos to save"

usually, when i clean my desktop, everything goes into the "misc" folder, and some of the screenshots end up in the screenshot folder

i never bother making the exact bookmark folders i need to, so websites i want to save end up in....... not the most intuitive spaces

and then i never look at those bookmark folders

i have 18,000 photos on my Photos app, a bunch of which are screenshots of conversations or other pieces of junk, but i can never be bothered to clear them away. i'm currently trying to transfer my photos to an online photo storing site because my laptop keeps telling me that my "Startup disc is almost full"

but then i forget to work on uploading things, and by the time i do, i have 800 more photos from my phone that need to be taken off my phone because now THAT is running out of space

luckily i downloaded the app for the photo site to my phone so maybe they'll all just go straight there

documents that i've needed to save and/or print are just stuck in the "downloads" or "Documents" file (even though some really could use a better place)

do non-adhd people have organized electronics???????

(also i'm not /totally/ sure where this should be -maybe in general discussion- so pls move if necessary!)

C15H25N3O
10-19-16, 06:53 PM
do non-adhd people have organized electronics???????

No, chaos does not belong to ADHD

It is a good idea also to clean up the computer sometimes like a desktop, shelf, drawer or cabinet.

julialouise
10-19-16, 06:57 PM
No, chaos does not belong to ADHD

It is a good idea also to clean up the computer sometimes like a desktop, shelf, drawer or cabinet.

good idea, yes, but how do-able exactly?? sometimes i set out to get my photos organized, but, it never happens, and if it does, it's only the smallest dent. like a little nick

Bluechoo
10-20-16, 08:30 AM
I have a gmail with thousands of emails over about a decade that I need to go through and delete, while saving extremely important ones from college/research.

psychopathetic
10-20-16, 02:24 PM
lol this thread made me chuckle...my desktop is such a mess! :p

I have 35 various folders cluttering up my desktop...and that doesn't include the programs icons I have on my desktop or other various icons I have.

I once tried to clean up my desktop by making a folder called "Desktop" lmao xP...I then shoved everything on my desktop into that folder >.<'.
So in that folder I have an additional 38 folders, documents and program icons. heh

I so badly want to one day just completely wipe my hard drive and start over. Fresh. I don't even want to back anything up...even my music. I just want to YOLO it and be done with all the clutter!

aeon
10-20-16, 06:29 PM
Everything is highly organized.

Even more so at work.

Someone came to me today and asked if there was anyway they could get something they faxed on May 19, 2016.

I had it for them in under 5 seconds.

Everything in its place, yo.

Cheers,
Ian

julialouise
10-20-16, 11:36 PM
Everything is highly organized.

Even more so at work.

Someone came to me today and asked if there was anyway they could get something they faxed on May 19, 2016.

I had it for them in under 5 seconds.

Everything in its place, yo.

Cheers,
Ian

i'll pay you 2 clean up my laptop LOL

-------

and don't get me started on emails. i have probably 5 different email accounts, only 3 of which i actually use. all of them are in the 1000s.

my roommate from sophomore year would have 7 items in her inbox AT THE MOST by the time she was done checking them for the day

wild

(this was the same roommate whose life & organization & motivation & timeliness & routines really dug into my self-esteem before i realized i had adhd)