View Full Version : What medicine should I try or bring up to the doctor next appointment?

AcctUhd456
10-20-16, 07:57 PM
I have an appointment with Psychiatrist November 2nd and debating whether I should try my first non-stimulant or try generic dexedrine,or even talk about combining generic dexedrine with a non-stimulant.i'm currently taking 2 generic adderall 20mg IR tablets per day.At 8am and 2pm(it doesn't last as long as I need to so I break it in half and usually take 10mg 3-4x a day though this has a drastic effect on appetite)

Over the last 2 years since May 2014 I've tried Adderall,Ritalin,Vyvanse,Zenzedi,dextroamphetamine ,Nuvigil,Intuniv(2012 barely felt any effects)Vynanse and generic dexedrine were the best in terms of effectivness to side effects ratio but I don't have insurance.I may ask about generic Dexedrine as its cheap. Also one important thing is that all these stimulant medication have either triggered a relapse in smoking or made me crave smoking more. When I'm not on any of these I have no problem saying goodbye to smoking leaving this dirty chain reaction behind(Read Allen Call EasyWay to Stop Smoking if you need help quitting).

I want to try Wellbutrin as it has a mild effects on dopamine and noripinephrine and is a smoking cessation drug as well.It seems it would be perfect for my situation. I'm afraid it won't do much for focus like Adderall.

Should I bring up WellbutrinXL in combination with Dexedrine with doctor? Has anyone been or currently on these two medicines at the same time?How were the effects,both positive and negative for your AD/HD?

How would I tell doctor I no longer want to be on Adderall 20mgx2 ir tabs and want to switch to Wellbutrin?And further tell him about Dexedrine?The only time I was on generic dexedrine was because pharmacy accidentaly gave me that instead of ordering brand name Zenzedi(main ingredient is dextroamphetamine). The doctor doesn't know I have/had a problem with smoking as I was a non-smoker the majority of the time under his care.

p.s. have any of you noticed that taking less of stimulant is more stimulating? Like I noticed 10mg adderall is more effective than taking 20mg and that 20mg is more sedating or calming almost to the point where its tranquil.

Sorry for the errors.Have a great evening!

sarahsweets
10-21-16, 02:29 AM
I have an appointment with Psychiatrist November 2nd and debating whether I should try my first non-stimulant or try generic dexedrine,or even talk about combining generic dexedrine with a non-stimulant.i'm currently taking 2 generic adderall 20mg IR tablets per day.At 8am and 2pm(it doesn't last as long as I need to so I break it in half and usually take 10mg 3-4x a day though this has a drastic effect on appetite)
IR doesnt last more than 4 hours so it makes sense that you would need better coverage.

Over the last 2 years since May 2014 I've tried Adderall,Ritalin,Vyvanse,Zenzedi,dextroamphetamine ,Nuvigil,Intuniv(2012 barely felt any effects)Vynanse and generic dexedrine were the best in terms of effectivness to side effects ratio but I don't have insurance.I may ask about generic Dexedrine as its cheap. Also one important thing is that all these stimulant medication have either triggered a relapse in smoking or made me crave smoking more. When I'm not on any of these I have no problem saying goodbye to smoking leaving this dirty chain reaction behind(Read Allen Call EasyWay to Stop Smoking if you need help quitting).

The smoking thing is hard. I smoke but I have a strong addiction to it regardless of the medication.

How would I tell doctor I no longer want to be on Adderall 20mgx2 ir tabs and want to switch to Wellbutrin?And further tell him about Dexedrine?The only time I was on generic dexedrine was because pharmacy accidentaly gave me that instead of ordering brand name Zenzedi(main ingredient is dextroamphetamine).
I thought Zensedi was just a brand name for dexedrine?

The doctor doesn't know I have/had a problem with smoking as I was a non-smoker the majority of the time under his care.

Adhd people are prone to addiction when under/not medicated and even while medicated. If your doctor knows his stuff, then he will realize it even if you are embarrassed by it.

p.s. have any of you noticed that taking less of stimulant is more stimulating? Like I noticed 10mg adderall is more effective than taking 20mg and that 20mg is more sedating or calming almost to the point where its tranquil.

Taking multiple doses more frequently has always worked better for me.