View Full Version : What medication should I take or what would you recommend? (URGENT)

Pabloicious
10-25-16, 07:47 PM
Im 15 and I've been taking vyvanse for a while now. I learned that I was taking vyvanse about a year ago but I don't know when I first started taking it. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully i'll get to change medications. Vyvanse works perfectly, I just want to find something that works better now that I am a teenager and I should be able to chose what medication I take.

I want medication that's going to help make me less socially awkward or shy, one that would keep my mind empty when I am not working on an assignment because I tend to overthink stuff. Thinking about taking adderall.

Can some of you list what medication you take and how it affects you so I could have some ideas in mind?

john2100
10-25-16, 09:15 PM
Im 15 and I've been taking vyvanse for a while now. I learned that I was taking vyvanse about a year ago but I don't know when I first started taking it. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully i'll get to change medications. Vyvanse works perfectly, I just want to find something that works better now that I am a teenager and I should be able to chose what medication I take.

I want medication that's going to help make me less socially awkward or shy, one that would keep my mind empty when I am not working on an assignment because I tend to overthink stuff. Thinking about taking adderall.

Can some of you list what medication you take and how it affects you so I could have some ideas in mind?

If vyvanse doesn't make you social ,then adderal probably won't make you more social either. They are both very powerful and similar medication.It's not like vyvanse is for kids and adderal is for adults.

If you dont take it daily ,vyvanse or adderal ,I could imagene that they would make you more social. But if you take it daily , I really doubt that these meds would have much effect in this.Maybe you would feel social for 1h once the medication kicks in ,but it would disappear eventually.

If vyvanse works I wouldnt change it. Many adults take vyvanse too. Some say that it is very smooth compering to adderal . I never felt vyvanse kicki-in it was very slow and gradual . Also I never felt it once it was out from my system. With adderal I would feel it kick-in each and every time no matter how small a dose i took .Also after 6pm I would feel when I stopped working .With vyvanse I never felt it stop working ,it was all very gradual.

Vyvanse made me very social , at the beginning, but it didn;t last .
Also when I was social for that 1h a day , I would say things that I wouldn't say otherwise. It just wasn't true me. I felt very awkward once the social effect was gone.

I think that overcoming social awkwardness and social anxiety is more difficult then overcoming adhd. There are forums that deal with this specific issue. I dont think a pill gonna fix it. I've had social anxiety since I can remember. Now I'm an adult and I still have it. Adderal and vyvanse made it go away for about 1h a day for about 30days. After that, these meds had no effect on my social anxiety. It took it for adhd .

Medication to empty your mind---that 's where vyvanse and adderal should work. If you cant feel vyvanse working to keep your mind empty then adderal probably will not do it either .

meadd823
10-25-16, 09:47 PM
I would love to take a medication that would keep my mouth shut but the best any one is probably going to do is to adjust my brain chemistry in a manner that allows me to acknowledge when my mouth opens and give me a decision as to how far I will put my foot into it.

it will probably be much like that with your social anxiety. Meds working means you are aware of your focus have some say as to what you focus on thus can begin to make goals and hopefully hold onto a thought long enough to devise a plan to get more comfortable socially in small measureable steps.

For a lucky few medication works like magic but for most of us it just allows us more ability to be aware of our direction of attention and increase our awareness of when that attention begin to wander off.

Jeftheginger
10-25-16, 10:09 PM
I am 13 and I have been talking concerta and it has worked well for me. It is similar to aterall however it lasts a bit longer and has less harsh side effects which at least for me means a little less social ocward. But it is different for everyone

20thcenturyfox
10-26-16, 12:56 AM
I would love to take a medication that would keep my mouth shut but the best any one is probably going to do is to adjust my brain chemistry in a manner that allows me to acknowledge when my mouth opens and give me a decision as to how far I will put my foot into it. ....

That's hilarious! Thanks.

sarahsweets
10-26-16, 04:14 AM
If you dont take it daily ,vyvanse or adderal ,I could imagene that they would make you more social. But if you take it daily , I really doubt that these meds would have much effect in this.Maybe you would feel social for 1h once the medication kicks in ,but it would disappear eventually.

I dont think any of this is contingent on taking the medication everyday. Meds like these are for daily use.