View Full Version : New to Ritalin

Tofuuu
10-27-16, 12:44 PM
I have just recently been prescribed Concerta 18mg. I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and went un-medicated my entire life. But I've recently started school as an adult and have had a really hard time staying focused in school and studying is almost impossible.

I've only been taking the medication for 4 days now and I absolutely hate it. It makes me feel like I drank an entire pot of coffee, and I'm even less focused due to the anxiety/jittery feeling this stuff is giving me. I've looked it up online and it appears that Adderall might be better suited for me as people find there is less of this jittery feeling and more concentration...

Has anyone else found this with Concerta? Did you find that Adderall works better? Should I continue taking the Concerta to see if the side effects level out? I'm honestly having a really hard time dealing with it, I don't think I can wait it out for a month. I feel extremely uncomfortable on it and it's pretty much doing the opposite of what I expected it to.

Finally does anyone have any advice on how to approach this with my doctor so he doesn't think I'm trying to get drugs out of him? He is a new doctor for me and I have only seen him a couple times.

Thank you!

Jeftheginger
10-28-16, 01:16 AM
I have not had this reaction. However it is different for everyone.

sarahsweets
11-04-16, 10:12 AM
Some people just cant tolerate anything from the methylphenidate class of drugs (ritalin, concerta, focalin, ritalin LA).
I know I experienced horrible mood swings. I have always dont better with amphetamines like adderall and dexedrine.

Tofuuu
11-04-16, 12:14 PM
Thank you for your input. I've found the effects to be more tolerable as the time has gone on, but I still don't think it is helping with my concentration at all. I also find myself to be extremely irritable.

I will try to make an appointment with him soon and see what he says.

john2100
11-04-16, 02:21 PM
Thank you for your input. I've found the effects to be more tolerable as the time has gone on, but I still don't think it is helping with my concentration at all. I also find myself to be extremely irritable.

I will try to make an appointment with him soon and see what he says.

You could try ritalin IR, but there are so many manufacturers and every ritalin IR was so different for me. Concerta wasn't helping much with my ADHD.

Ritalin IR was much better.I found sandoz ritalin to work the best for me.
I'd say it was a nice cross between adderal and MPD. It gave me eventually bad stomach crams so I switched to adderal .