View Full Version : Still hungry on vyvnase? How do I know this is the right dose?

Ix0hearttyou
10-29-16, 01:58 PM
I have been trying many different stimulants for over a month now. I am now trying vyvnase, 30 mg ( I know this is a low dose...) and it didn't seem to change anything. Still unfocused, hungry, and just the same old me. Wondering if I have built a higher tolerance after everything I've tried recently (prescribed by a doctor)

Today I tried 30mg at 10:00am, didn't feel anything within 2 hours so I then took another at 12:30. I'm scared that this isn't working either. Since vyvanse is also used as a binge eating disorder med, I feel like at least it should suppress my hunger?

Does this mean it's not working? Or I should maybe take 2 30mg pills at once?
Please let me know what I should be feeling while on vyvanse. Every stimulant is different, and if I should be on a higher dose at once.

Ps. It seems to last around 8 hours for me at least.

Needing help. (I am 5'4 and 150 pounds.)

Thank you!!!!

dvdnvwls
10-29-16, 03:23 PM
Forget hunger suppression and weight loss - how are your ADHD symptoms?

If you accidentally lose weight on stimulants, you'll quickly gain it back, so drop that idea right away.

C15H25N3O
10-30-16, 08:07 AM
You can loose weight on stimulants while sweating more and drinking less

but you will refill it if you drink more than you sweat.

Stimulants dont make you loose weight due to higher heart rate without motion.

Do you want your heart-muscle to burn your whole bodies fat while still being lazy?

But stimulants and especially a very self-reflective dosage adjustment can help someone

understanding what our bodies really needs while learning to listen to the body. :-)

http://s4.postimg.org/p274l5est/rawfoodpyramide.png

http://s11.postimg.org/kwapzf4g3/Dollarphotoclub_61813234.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/6b6fyfd19/FRUITS_AND_VEGETABLES.jpg

Cyllya
10-30-16, 03:07 PM
Are you taking it for an eating disorder or ADHD or both?

A medication won't necessarily have all effects on all people. (Thank goodness. Considering all the potential side effects of amphetamines, it'd be terrible if you got all of them.) So if you raise the dose, you might have improved executive functioning or reduced appetite or both (or neither :().

If you only need it for ADHD or an ED, then don't use its improvement in the other category to gauge the improvement in areas you'll actually need.

Vyvanse is just (dextro)amphetamine with a weird delivery method, so if you've recently had Adderall or Dexedrine, you might have higher tolerance. The tolerance should go away after a while (a month?) without amphetamines.

Since it's a low dose, your doctor should approve a higher dose. Don't take more than your doctor allowed though.

You can loose weight on stimulants while sweating more and drinking less

but you will refill it if you drink more than you sweat.

Stimulants dont make you loose weight due to higher heart rate without motion.

Do you want your heart-muscle to burn your whole bodies fat while still being lazy?

But stimulants and especially a very self-reflective dosage adjustment can help someone

understanding what our bodies really needs while learning to listen to the body. :-)

Well, that's condescending.

The reason Vyvanse is FDA-approved for treatment of BED, and the reason stimulants in general are used as a diet aid, is because they often reduce appetite. In other words, they allow you to eat healthier.

For those of us who have a freakishly high appetite for any reason, "listing to your body" is an absolutely terrible idea.

C15H25N3O
10-30-16, 04:08 PM
-

Sorry, it was not meant condescending.

I am a guy with a freakishly high appetite, overweight and an eating disorder.

Vyvanse teached me – while working hard to get it under control – to "listen to my body".

When I am bored I have appetite on Vyvanse. Yes, food can be entertaining, mood-changing,

a ressource of power but also steal your energy. When I am active or when do mental work

I forget any food. When I feel bad in my stomach I know it really became time to eat or

will fall on my nose soon.

Vyvanse taught me a lot, not on its own, but by trying out life.

Vyvanse is no wonder-pill – it must be used active, always – then you feel its power.

Without any activity – mental or physical – I can go to bed and sleep while Vyvanses effectiveness.

Let me say this med is too boring to be abused but it is so damn hot if used. :-)

I mean "listen to your body" is totally different to "yielding a eating disorder".