View Full Version : Any new medication for ADHD or depression ?

john2100
10-30-16, 06:40 AM
Hi,

Do you think there is a chance to have adhd medication that doesn't work by effecting brains chemistry like amps,MPH and everything else on the market?

Based on current research it looks like that is the most effective way to deal with symptoms.

I was thinking that what if dealing with adhd,depression and anxiety,could possibly more complicated then just simply effecting : dopamin ,serotonin and other brain chemicals.

In theory from I have read, it looks like that almost every common psychological problem like : depression,ADHD and anxiety is being treated by meds that deal with those common brain chemicals.

Do we really understand human brain that extensively ?
It's hard to believe ,that there so many disorders and behaviors can so easily connected to brain chemicals and explained by concentration and production of those brain chemicals by our brain .

-depression,addiction,anxiety,adhd,love,pleasure,mo tivation, boredom,,,it looks like its all the same or exact opposites and all connected to brain chemicals.

BellaVita
10-30-16, 07:00 AM
I'm hoping they will hurry up and make that medication that is supposed to affect Nicotine receptors.

john2100
10-30-16, 07:39 AM
I'm hoping they will hurry up and make that medication that is supposed to affect Nicotine receptors.

How is it supposed to work?When is it supposed to be on the market?
I couldn't find much about it , only some papers that are too technical for me to read.

BellaVita
10-30-16, 07:42 AM
How is it supposed to work?When is it supposed to be on the market?
I couldn't find much about it , only some papers that are too technical for me to read.

I don't know much about it other than it would target the nicotine receptors.

I haven't put much research into it, I've just heard it mentioned before.

:)