View Full Version : Problems.


Weas95
11-01-16, 09:48 AM
Allright, first of all Hi thanks for reading this !

(This post is about dexamphetamine Im not sure as wether this is the same as dextroamphetamine aka dextro or if it is thesame as adderal so im posting it here in the adderal section)

I have ADD and im 17 years old, and im currently building up dexamphetamine for like 1 week. A few days ago I started up with 5mg(7 hour capsules) I noticed an immediate effect on my focus , thinking and made my day go by way smoother.
Some of the side effects I got was getting stressed, shaking and falling asleep became harder, when I wake up it also feels like I haven't slept deep.

So yesterday I took a dose of 15mg in total 10 in the morning 5 at 12pm , and went to bed at around 9 since I felt very tired after my dex ran out,
but I only fell asleep at around 12pm and woke up at 5 am then slept from 5 am until 10 am.

At 10 am I took 10mg and at 12 am i took another 10 mg and ate some food, and for some reason im not feeling the dex and my mind feels dull and heavy and my reaction times are quite slow.
Im wondering what is happening and why I am not feeling the effects of the dex I think I might have gotten very few rem sleep the past week due to the dex and Maybe I might be sleep deprived because of it ?
Or is it something else ?

Has anyone experienced this before , or any clue what is happening ? or had problems with sleeping or rem sleep ? or any other opinions.
any help or tips are welcome !

-a sleepy weasel from belgium.

emperorpenguin
11-02-16, 12:15 AM
(This post is about dexamphetamine Im not sure as wether this is the same as dextroamphetamine aka dextro or if it is thesame as adderal so im posting it here in the adderal section).
You're in the right place. Dextroamphetamine = dexamphetamine; the name is just a matter of which country you're in. It's not exactly the same as adderall. Adderall is 75% dextroamphetamine and the other 25% is another form, called levoamphetamine, which has somewhat different effects.

I will say that I had pretty bad insomnia at your age and I wasn't on any medications then, stimulants or otherwise; I think it's quite common. But if you feel like this is new and very different from normal, there's probably something to it.

So yesterday I took a dose of 15mg in total 10 in the morning 5 at 12pm , and went to bed at around 9 since I felt very tired after my dex ran out,
but I only fell asleep at around 12pm and woke up at 5 am then slept from 5 am until 10 am.
So if I'm reading this correctly, you got 10 hours of sleep in total? It sounds to me like you probably just overslept and feel off because of it.

In any case, if you feel like it's messing with your sleep, just experiment with the timing and doses. My sleep is very sensitive to the stuff and I have to be careful. I'll usually take a half-dose at 12PM (if at all) and nothing after that, otherwise I risk it keeping me up.

Also, be wary of getting into the cycle in which you can't sleep because of the meds, so you feel tired the next day and take more to compensate, and then sleep even less, and so on...you'll burn out from that very quickly and also build tolerance to your meds.

sarahsweets
11-04-16, 10:09 AM
What is the dose and dosing schedule that your doc prescribed for you?