View Full Version : Lexapro

Charmcityguy22
11-02-16, 06:13 PM
So im sorry if I post on here so much and sorry I if i post in the wrong part of the forum.today was a very rough day for me as far as anxiety goes,I take concerta 27 mg's daily and today took my morning dose as usual ND went 30 minutes before it kicked in and noticed after an hour that my anxiety set it and was the worst it's ever been,I was supposed to start Lexapro for my anxiety and De-realization issue two months as go but am very scared to start it as i dont like taking medicationso due to being scared of the side effects and what I read on google,

I want to start taking it so I can hopefully help with the exception anxiety/panic and de-realization issues.but as i say I'm afraid to just get over the hurdle and start taking it

My PDOC has know me for 5 years and told me not to Google anything and just see if it helps.my issues are with my already slow heart rate which is usually round 60 to 70 when I'm not running and such as well I'm worried about it interaction with the Concerta i take,but if i take it at night I guess they both will not interact with each other.

Please postake positive replys as i really want to try this medication to see if actually helps,he has started me on the lowest dose.and I know it will take weeks to be therapeutic but I need to start it first and thats the hurdle I need to get over. Thanks and have a joyous night.

dvdnvwls
11-02-16, 06:22 PM
I would expect that your doctor would count this question as Googling for information. He's right - don't bother trying to find out information, just live your life and see if it helps.

There is no way to get started. There's no hurdle. Just start now.

Charmcityguy22
11-02-16, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the reply,im going to start it an hour before I got to bed I just worry alot! I actually worry to much infact.

dvdnvwls
11-02-16, 07:49 PM
I actually worry to much infact.
I figured that out. :)

But you're very welcome here, and please be assured that you belong here just as much as all the rest of us.

Your post is in the right place, but if you ever accidentally put one in the wrong place, a moderator will simply move it for you - that happens, and no one is blamed or thought less of.

dreamealot
11-06-16, 09:27 PM
It takes time for your body to get use to taking any kind of medication. However, after a little bit of time you will see the results really will help you. Don't worry I look up everything on google too. I call myself an internet doctor:)

Charmcityguy22
11-18-16, 09:23 PM
Can i take a bayer asprin with my Lexapro dose.

Little Missy
11-18-16, 09:46 PM
Can i take a bayer asprin with my Lexapro dose.

Of course.

AddAnxiousMe
12-30-16, 02:44 AM
I know this thread is a bit dated, but I just wondered how you did on the Lexapro? For me, Celexa and Lexapro were the most sedating and easiest to get on (compared to activating SSRIs like Prozac.) Unfortunately, they didn't help me much with my depression, but I've heard they help many people with anxiety issues. Lexapro just made me VERY TIRED and sleepy, but that may be just what some people need, initially. I hope you are feeling better.
Take care:).

ricoripey
03-21-17, 09:18 AM
Hell0 Charcityguy22.

How is this working out for you?

I started taking Lexapro 10 and Vyvanse 20 simultaneously a couple weeks ago. I am familiar with the effects of each on their own and have tolerated them well.

It took about 10 days for everything to start working well together and I feel like I feel better and better everyday.

Fortunately, I have minimum side effects from Lexapro. Just more frequent bowel movements (honestly a welcome side effect lol) and a bit of yawning tendency when in direct sunlight and in the evenings.

I hop everything is working well for you!

tomfellow
04-10-17, 10:06 AM
I have been taking Lexapro / Escitalopram for 3 months now. Started taking it in liquid form for the first month to let it build up in my system, and then when I reached the equivalent of 10mg, I moved onto taking the 10mg pill. Took that for a month and now I'm up to 15mg and it seems to be doing the job. I also take up to 60mg medikinet / methylpheidate a day.

Overall I'm feeling better then I have for a very long time, however it does seem that my ADD has got worse. The methylphenidate is still helping, but my concentration and impulse control is bad even when I take my maximum dose.

Dunno if anyone has experienced something similar with lexapro or other ssri's?

Gypsy Willow
09-26-17, 05:32 PM
I've done well on Lexapro. It doesn't have the back pain side effects that Celexa did. I take mine at night.

The only "bad" thing I've encountered is, doctors will not prescribe pain medication if you are on Lexapro. I had a mild injury a few weeks ago and the doc was going to prescribe Ultram and then changed his mind after he saw I was on Lexapro.