View Full Version : Newly on Vyvanse again.

Jill22089
11-03-16, 08:28 AM
its been 7 years since ive been on vyvanse. The Dr started me on 40 mg i have been on that dose 3 weeks but it only lasts me 4 hours. My insurance wont let me get a new script til this runs out my doctor put me on 60 mg vyvanse which i start in 5 days. has anyone here got 4 hours out of 40 mg and then switched to 60 mg? if so how much time did 60 mg give you compared to the 40? if its not long enough the doctor said she will add a short acting booster, if anyone is on 60 mg vyvanse with a booster i would like to know how long that is lasting you too. Thank you

Sincerely, 'Hopeful'

sarahsweets
11-03-16, 09:51 AM
Disclaimer: I have a resentment against vyvanse but I wont junk up your thread about it and do my best...

its been 7 years since ive been on vyvanse. The Dr started me on 40 mg i have been on that dose 3 weeks but it only lasts me 4 hours.
One of my issues with vyvanse and its marketing is its pushed as this 12 hour miracle drug and I have yet to meet someone who got all day coverage. A lot of it has to do with its mechanism of action- it hits the gut and is basically transform into its pro-drug (dexedrine). So if you are someone who has any sort of digestion, metabolizing oor gut issues, IMO this could affect it. Also, plainly I just couldnt get more than 6-8 hours out of it but to be fair, I do have absorption issues.
My insurance wont let me get a new script til this runs out my doctor put me on 60 mg vyvanse which i start in 5 days. has anyone here got 4 hours out of 40 mg and then switched to 60 mg?
Are you sure? It doesnt make sense because your dose has changed from 40 to 60. So at the very least you need something to make up the difference between 40 and 60. Most insurances cover new scripts if there is a dose change.

if so how much time did 60 mg give you compared to the 40? if its not long enough the doctor said she will add a short acting booster, if anyone is on 60 mg vyvanse with a booster i would like to know how long that is lasting you too. Thank you

Sincerely, 'Hopeful'

In general, a higher dose doesnt mean a longer duration. It means a higher dose for the same or almost the same duration you are already getting out of it. I would say a booster or different med should be considered.

Jill22089
11-03-16, 05:46 PM
ok yeah im supposed to remain on 40 mg until the 8th. no my insurance will not do it early it is only accepted when my last 30 day supply is gone even on a new dose. but i had an extra so today i had a 40 and and a 20 to see what 60 will do for me. it did push u the duration for me from 4 hours to 7 hours! :-) i am very happy about that, although i will need the booster but once that is added my duration problem will be gone.

C15H25N3O
11-04-16, 06:06 AM
40mg Vyvanse works 12-14h for me. If I want to boost I take another 10mg of Vyvanse.

I love Vyvanse for its subtile, weak and controlable effect. Controlable means for me I can
relax and stick to an activity like reading but I have to kick my motivation to start tasks.
Thats why I call Vyvanse a teacher. I dont want a kick in. I prefer it coming soft, working
subtle and having absolutely no crash at night. It just leaves.

A higher dosage is not only stronger but also works longer. When I boost it I take my another
~10mg (or 1/4 to 1/3 of the morning dosage) after 3-6h.

Compared to dexedrine which starts kickin in after 10-15 minutes Vyvanse starts after 1h
due to metabolism related pro-drug conversion. It is absorbed in the gut and metabolized
by the enzyme trypsine in the liver. The pancreas is asking the liver to release trypsine.
It took me 2 months with a lot of intestinal confusions to get my digestion used to this
substance to perfectly absorb and metabolize it instead of trying to get rid off it.

Vyvanse is weaker and longer lasting than any other amphetamine-med because it is slow
metabolized by trypsine. It is no special but quite natural mechanism behind this pro-drug.

I am prescribed to 40mg and 70mg and I split the 70mg into 2x35mg. So I can decide
depending on my daily situation if I take 35mg or 40mg.

I think it is also quite interesting that Vyvanse works for me at 3-4mg as an anti-dullant
in the meaning of a slightly better mood for the whole day instead of a stimulant, so it is
not only about increasing the dosages but my liver.

When I stop taking Vyvanse I have a positive after-effect over 4 days until my symptoms
will hit me again.

Let me ask you what you mean with effectiveness. Do you feel it or is it subtle
improving symptoms like better focus, communication, impulsivness?

Less is better!

I am a guy without classic addictions, I hate alcohol but I am addicted to nicotine.

Jill22089
11-04-16, 05:03 PM
its somewhere inbetween? like the only way it can not be subtle is when i know im over focusing on something like if im in cvs picking out make im so slow literally looking at each piece of makeup one by one brand by brand when normally i would of known exactly wat i wanted quickly. so yea certain tasks its focus over kill if im organizing my closets its fine but ya it makes me over focus on tasks that dont need any focusing too

C15H25N3O
11-04-16, 08:32 PM
Vyvanse is like a pedelec.
It supports me when I kick the pedal.
It is not a e-bike riding on its own.
There is still some energy consumption
while rolling cuz systems => switched on.

Ya –
next level is selective effectiveness
including energy recuperation!