View Full Version : Something Fun I'm Looking Forward To Is...

psychopathetic
11-06-16, 08:28 AM
Just thought I'd start a new thread where we can post up coming events/activities/whatevers we're looking forward to :).

Here in about 4 hours, me and a couple of gals I know from a support group I've been a part of for many years are getting together to play some board and card games :).
I always love hanging out with them...we've developed a lot of trust with each other over the years in group, so I don't have as many social anxieties around them.

sarahsweets
11-06-16, 09:18 AM
In about 30 min I am going on a farmer's market/flea market date with the hubby. Gorgeous fall day!

Little Missy
11-06-16, 09:25 AM
I get to go to LOL's and play really loud music while frisbeeing crumpets with huckleberry jelly at her!

Unmanagable
11-06-16, 09:43 AM
The temps are going to be close to 70 today and I get to play/roam outside and harvest some goodies without having to wear a whole load of laundry to stay warm. Yay!!!!!!!

Little Missy
11-06-16, 09:56 AM
The temps are going to be close to 70 today and I get to play/roam outside and harvest some goodies without having to wear a whole load of laundry to stay warm. Yay!!!!!!!

Yeah, and it has been 70 every day for a week now and well into next week too!

stef
11-06-16, 12:33 PM
Ok its sunday late afternoon and really i have no fun plans left for the weekend so Ill just say, crochet and NFL redzone at 7 pm :)

Joker_Girl
11-06-16, 01:19 PM
I'm excited because in a few days, hubby and I have 2 days in a row off together, which rarely happens. We are going to go antiquing, buy some really cool planters, and dig up my Gerber daisies and lantanas and bring them in to over winter. I'll have fabulous potted plants come spring!

Maybe I will get my porch painted, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also, I have 2 cattle skulls with horns that I'm going to mosaic and hang up, they're beautiful and one has amazing horns. I have a deer skull that I want to use for the head and make a wendigo sculpture yard art thing, too. I'm not certain how that will work yet, but it definitely will be fabulous. I found it behind a shed!

midnightstar
11-06-16, 02:12 PM
Next Saturday I'm back at the rescue kennels again :D

Monday to Friday I'm working and the sad muppet that I am I'm actually looking forward to working during the week if only to get through it so I get to see the dogs at the rescue again :o

*watches other members get the straightjacket out* :o

Unmanagable
11-10-16, 02:36 PM
Date night with the hubster to see a live music show tonight. :)

We'll be up way past our bed time. I hope we can stay awake through the whole thing. lol

I used to be concerned we would have drank too much to safely drive home. Now I'm worried if we can stay awake while stone cold sober late at night. Hahahahaha!

Shift happens. lol

psychopathetic
11-10-16, 02:46 PM
Awww I hope you and Hub-Hubs have a great time!! :D

(((((((Old Granny Unsy)))))))

(((((((Old Man Hubsy)))))))

Little Missy
11-10-16, 04:02 PM
Date night with the hubster to see a live music show tonight. :)

We'll be up way past our bed time. I hope we can stay awake through the whole thing. lol

I used to be concerned we would have drank too much to safely drive home. Now I'm worried if we can stay awake while stone cold sober late at night. Hahahahaha!

Shift happens. lol

It sounds like fun! I hope there aren't any rogue perfumers. :eek:

Unmanagable
11-10-16, 04:11 PM
It sounds like fun! I hope there aren't any rogue perfumers. :eek:

That makes two of us. Taking my peppermint essential oil roller thingy to come to the rescue if I get bombarded with synthetic funk.

Sitting up in the balcony at times helps, too. The rebellious smoke eventually rises and nicely drowns out all the other smells. lol :cool:

And it's easier to dodge the overly inebriated peeps who no longer recognize personal space and volume. It's a challenging and rather entertaining adventure, for sure. lol

BellaVita
11-10-16, 05:42 PM
I'm going to spend some time outdoors later, the weather is beautiful and a perfect temperature to me (just cold enough to cozy up in a sweater).

stef
11-10-16, 05:50 PM
well, tomorrows a holiday here :)
I have to play inarmistice day ceremonies but i'm almost looking forward to them now
Arrogant Trumpet guy wont be there
someone offered to give le a ride so i now i dont have to ask anyone
and we have an extra rehearsal in the evening

well thats a lot but I'll,have time for a nap

Unmanagable
11-11-16, 02:12 AM
That makes two of us. Taking my peppermint essential oil roller thingy to come to the rescue if I get bombarded with synthetic funk.

Sitting up in the balcony at times helps, too. The rebellious smoke eventually rises and nicely drowns out all the other smells. lol :cool:

And it's easier to dodge the overly inebriated peeps who no longer recognize personal space and volume. It's a challenging and rather entertaining adventure, for sure. lol

I now look forward to only attending live jams outdoors in the future. :lol: There wasn't enough rebellious smoke or peppermint to handle the dose of nostril burnage they let loose with up in there.

Holy crap....these dudes burned a s*** load of incense on stage, had incense in the bathrooms, people were burning them in their beer cans (hello, fire marshal? lol), in addition to a ton of patchouli wearing peeps (that's one essential oil I can't hang with), and other various harsh synthetic scents slapping the smell right out of my nose, repeatedly, as the people boogied on by.

Overstimulated, and then some, I was. I lasted through a few songs with my peppermint strategy, then I decided to entertain myself outdoors, and in the car, after walking through the incredibly thick fog of cigarette smoke as soon as I walked out the door. lol Man, it was brutal around every corner. :cool: There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

psychopathetic
11-11-16, 04:04 AM
I use to love incense...but then I discovered wax melts :).

Something I'm looking forward to, is me and my mom might head to a town a few hours away to hang with a family friend for a few days. We plan on going up to some mountains (even though it'll be cold lol), maybe going to a planetarium, playing some board games and eating at an awesome pizza place I love called the Pizza Ranch.

Little Missy
11-11-16, 08:07 AM
I'm going shopping in about an hour.

For LOL lest it sounds too exciting.

psychopathetic
11-11-16, 02:04 PM
I'm going shopping in about an hour.

For LOL lest it sounds too exciting.

Grapes? :giggle:

Little Missy
11-11-16, 02:06 PM
Grapes? :giggle:

NO!
She put herself on a grape and fruits and vegetables moratorium so she can complain more.

BellaVita
11-11-16, 03:52 PM
I need to think of something. :)

One thing I'm sort of looking forward to is I'm probably going to start making peanut butter chocolate whey protein shakes. It sounds so yummy just thinking about it.

I also am thinking about learning to make that famous Thanksgiving dish that has sweet potatoes and marshmallows on top. Don't know what it's called or if it's easy to make. But it's on my mind anyway.

stef
11-11-16, 06:42 PM
hey ok ive had a busy day but its the weekend
tomorrow i'm going to the market before grocery shopping, it looks like the clementines are out!
and maybe ill get some squash and wait now i remember i wanted to try roast brussel sprouts

psychopathetic
11-11-16, 10:16 PM
Something I'm looking forward to, is me and my mom might head to a town a few hours away to hang with a family friend for a few days. We plan on going up to some mountains (even though it'll be cold lol), maybe going to a planetarium, playing some board games and eating at an awesome pizza place I love called the Pizza Ranch.

We're leaving on Sunday morning :)

Greyhound1
11-20-16, 12:00 AM
I look forward to somehow, learning how to have fun again.

psychopathetic
11-20-16, 05:40 AM
We're leaving on Sunday morning :)

Had a lot of fun. Played lots of board games...had an AMAZING time playing a game called Cards Against Humanity (haha it's such a ridiculous game! I can't even tell you about it here on these forums cause it was so R rated! :lol:). Took a lovely drive up and around some mountains...and had some awesome food! Got to eat at a really good hamburger shop called Five Guys Burgers And Fries, as well as we had a lot of fun eating at the Pizza Ranch. Not the best pizza I've ever had...though close...and they always have such a great selection. Plus they have all you can eat chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy...and they've got my favorite mashed potatoes and gravy! I like it so much so, that I bought a huge tub of it and the gravy to take home with me :lol:.

Me and my mom did get into a MAJOR fight on the way home though. Bleh. I'm so upset about it that I'm not talking to her right now.

I look forward to somehow, learning how to have fun again.

Gah...I sure wish I was a dog sometimes. Finding renewed happiness sure wouldn't take much!

http://myexopet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/dog_stick-360x240.jpg

(((((((GreyHoundsy)))))))

I hope you find that fun soon. Maybe you can look into getting into a new hobby (you know...like playing fetch)? Or find something new to collect (sticks perhaps)?
I don't know how people (/dogs) can live without fun hobbies in their lives lol.

psychopathetic
11-20-16, 05:53 AM
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving :).

It's the only holiday I look forward to or really celebrate anymore. And it's not even that exciting of a holiday for me...it's always very basic for me. Good food and usually spending the day with my parents.
But...it's always been just a really nice day. I've never had a bad Thanksgiving day.

And this year it's just going to be me and my dad. My mom's leaving town to celebrate with some family.
And my dad has to work the night before Thanksgiving (he works graveyard shifts)...and the night of Thanksgiving...so he'll be asleep for most the day.
And yet...I'm still really looking forward to it, and I really think it's going to be a lovely day.
I really enjoy cooking turkeys...the last 2 I've cooked have turned out absolutely tender and juicy and exploding with flavor. And I'm going to make 2 batches of mashed potatoes...garlic, and butter.
Oh and I'm going to make some kind of pie. I know, I know...I really shouldn't...but bleh! lol. I just don't know which to go for yet...maybe a pecan? Or a basic pumpkin? I'm thinking about doing a pumpkin cheesecake maybe...at any rate, it's going to be good! :)

I really love cooking when I've got someone to cook for.
I can't wait for thanksgiving!
It's going to be very low key...but I'm perfectly okay with that this year.

Unmanagable
11-20-16, 10:16 AM
Looking forward to hosting an out of town vegan guest at our old crib during this helliday week who is also into alternative healing methods via sound therapies and such. Perfect timing for this overwhelming (to say the least) time of year. Thank you, universe, for delivering them directly to my door step. Good looking out!!

stef
11-20-16, 10:41 AM
Ive done all the fun things already!
and thanksgiving isn't a holiday here
Ill think of something :)

psychopathetic
12-23-16, 05:37 AM
My mood stabilizer kicking back in after a 2 week break from them.

psychopathetic
01-03-17, 01:00 PM
Man, I'm SO looking forward to this coming year with a couple of boys my parents watch on the weekends (and now they're starting to take them during the week sometimes too).

On a whim about a month ago I decided to see if they wanted to play a board game. It needed to be super simple for them, but luckily my mom had a copy of Trouble (star wars themed! lol) handy...and man, it was a big hit! We've now played several games of it over the past few weeks and have had a ton of fun!
They could careless about winning or losing...like that had zero impact on them. They just enjoyed popping the popper that spins the die and moving the pieces around. They're favorite bit is when someone lands on another person's piece...we all yell out "GET OUT OF HERE!!!" haha and they always giggle about it. Even when it's their own pieces that are being sent back to the beginning of the board lol :).
And we always let everyone win. The game to them isn't over till everyone has every piece to the finish line...and we're all just cheering each other on, and giving each other high fives hehe...it was just a lot of fun.
All this from such a simple game!

So now I want more! And I want to give them new and fun experiences! Things that don't require a whole lot of thought and aren't time based so there isn't too much pressure.
I've had a lot of fun this week picking out some fun games I think they'll really enjoy. I'm just about to purchase my first game this morning for them (on amazon, and with 2 day prime shipping it should be here on time for this weekend).

Here's just a few of the games I'd like to gather slowly for us to play:

-Zingo (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DY818JG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I1R2K3QV2LEQOC) (looks like a pretty fun form of bingo, though I know the youngest of the 2 boys would need help with this one.

-Hoot Owl Hoot! (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HVKAAI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=IHCXMGZ3B81MM)

-The Sneaky, Snacky, Squirrel Game (https://www.amazon.com/Educational-Insights-Sneaky-Snacky-Squirrel/dp/B00486ZVC4/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1483461961&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Sneaky%2C+Snacky%2C+Squirrel+Game)

-Janod Magnetibook Vehicles (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HGHH3W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I2NXXOTZNS9J12&psc=1)

-Spot It Jr.! Animals (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0075XNGGK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I3AO9ELKJCNRRB)

As well as a bunch of classics:
Candy Land (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TLEMSVK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I1I5NK0UF00NKV&psc=1)
Chutes And Ladders (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHRHVE2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I3CL0PGF6GMDYO&psc=1)
Sorry (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8VHIMG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I2S6DHIU2D3L27&psc=1)
Hi Ho Cherry-O! (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00000IWGQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I2B3D03MBIZVJ3)
Jenga (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GBA60W/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I3CJWT0Y7UZI5G) (haha they'll love this one! Especially when the blocks come crashing down!!)
Hungry Hungry Hippos (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FD8ETS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I3U7FMXFE9BKQS)
Don't Break The Ice! (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00000IVZJ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I1Q7LID99ARG2U) (One of my favorites from my childhood!)
Guess Who? (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S732WJE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I1M8MHZUCICMPQ)
Let's Go Fishin' (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YO0Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2738DIHFGQRR4&coliid=I2LOMYMOAER9J0&psc=1) (Another one of my faves from my childhood!)

I don't know. I'm just excited. Anything to break the boredom of just sitting around watching tv with the boys is always nice. And these games have a nice variety with a lot of different things. Some rely on basic math, others rely on fine motor movements, some are about color matching. Just a mixed bag of lots of fun :).

I've already got a bunch of board games for me and my folks/friends to play (which is ever expanding!)...and now I get to start a whole new collection just for me and the boys :D. Very cool!

Hermus
01-03-17, 05:04 PM
Going to a Dropkick Murphys concert on January 25. :)

aeon
01-03-17, 05:58 PM
12 days off (8 of which are work days) off in a row. :yes:

my first holiday in...I don’t remember the last time I had a holiday. :faint:

Woot,
Ian

Fuzzy12
01-03-17, 06:11 PM
Love reading these. Not sure what I'm looking forward to. It's been a long time that I've looked forward to any particular actixtivity.

Right now I'm really looking forward to having dinner and going to bed once I finish some work. Does that count or too mundane?

I'm going to see star wars this week but I'm more stressed about it as fuzzling hated the last movie and pretty much just cried throughout. Also I don't like star wars (sorry psycho...:o).

I think I need to plan something that I can look forward to.

I love playing board games. Psycho I wish we lived closer and you'd play board games with me too!! My favourite used to he scrabbles and now I don't even remember if it's called scrabble or scrabbles.

psychopathetic
01-03-17, 09:11 PM
Right now I'm really looking forward to having dinner and going to bed once I finish some work. Does that count or too mundane?

Heck no! A lot of times it's just the simple things in life that mean so much. I'm SO hoping you can get some decent sleep. Does Fuzzling even let you? lol :(

Also I don't like star wars (sorry psycho...:o).
:eek: ZOMG! :eek:
https://developer.yahoo.com/messenger/guide/images/BrokenHeart-Large.png

/UNFRIENDED!!

lol :p :p. It's okay Fuzz Fuzz :D We've all got our own tastes, and not everyone's taste in movies can be as perfect as mine!
:lol: ;) :cool:

I love playing board games. Psycho I wish we lived closer and you'd play boardgames with me too!! My favourite used to he scrabbles and now I don't even remember if it's called scrabble or scrabbles.lol I'm not sure why but I've suddenly become very interested in playing more and more board games. I wish my mom was more open to it with me :(...I just bought a bunch of games for us to play, but she hardly ever wants to play them.
I'd LOVE to get more games in though...and I'd love to have someone who's willing to get into increasingly difficult/complex board games as time goes on.

(((((((Fuzzy)))))))

p.s.
Went to the store today and ended up picking up The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game. It's super simple but I think the boys will really enjoy it and I think it'll do some good for the younger of the 2 as he has some difficulties with fine motor skills. Even if he does struggle at first with it and need a bit of assistance, I'll be sure to make it fun for him! :D
Can't it be saturday yet!?

anonymouslyadd
01-04-17, 12:34 AM
Great idea for a thread, psycho. :)

Johnny Slick
01-04-17, 12:43 AM
I have an audition with a choir in a week. I was in a group over the winter but that was the first choir I'd been in since college. Im really, really nervous but a big part of that is that I'm really, really looking forward to the prospect of singing in a group again.

Simargl
01-04-17, 02:07 AM
Tomorrow is the last day of my five day break from work.

I didn't really do much with my time off. I had planned on working on a couple projects but they never panned out. I'm okay with that because I needed to take care of myself for a few days as I feel like that's what I did.

I played games, listened to music and possibly took care of my med situation.

I haven't decided what I want to do tomorrow but I'm still looking forward to whatever it is I choose to do. I don't have any obigations or expectations.

peripatetic
01-04-17, 02:33 AM
...to my small girl saying "i love you" back

BellaVita
01-04-17, 04:05 AM
Making more cookies with my husband…This time chocolate toffee crumbles cookies and gooey chocolate chip cookies.

I love cookies. :o

Wuvmy3kitties
01-10-17, 10:08 AM
Gathering up some old clothes and making some cute doll clothes from them. It's great fun. :) In fact, I often go to thrift stores in search of not just clothes for myself, but also clothes with interesting prints that'd be useful for doll clothes.

anonymouslyadd
01-11-17, 12:29 AM
Giving a speech to a small group!

psychopathetic
01-15-17, 03:46 AM
I've got SO much awesome christmas decorations now for next year that I can't hardly freaking wait! haha

I haven't done anything for christmas the last couple of years...mainly because I just don't have anyone to really celebrate with.
But it dawned on me this year (a bit too late! :doh:) that why in the heck can't I celebrate the holidays for myself? To enjoy the festive and good cheer? I don't need anyone else to enjoy such things!

And it also helped that walmart had a HUGE post christmas sale this year. Most of their stuff was marked down to 75% off, and now the remaining bits are 90% off.

I spent just around $50 this month and was able to pick up all sorts of fun stuff!!

-A 6.5 foot all white with 400 multi-colored lights tree (THIS ONE (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Holiday-Time-Pre-Lit-6.5-Madison-Pine-Artificial-Christmas-Tree-White-Multi-Color-Lights/21079672))...only $10 brand new!
-Around 150 red, green and gold ornaments in various sizes and shapes.
-2 Beautiful tree skirts (1 white with silver glitter decorations, 1 red)
-2 Christmas tree toppers (1 golden star with a light that spins around inside and makes really cool lights all around the room like a disco ball...1 red star that lights up red)
-4 or 5 strands of 100 led multi-color lights (today they were 90% off, so were only $0.29 a box!)
-3 really pretty fake plants in foily wrapping paper pots (2x red, 1x blue)
-Some plastic icicles to hang around the tree...a pack of red ones and a pack of gold
-Some super cute snowmen, polar bear and penguin window clings/stickers
-Some fake snow spray to spray on my windows to make them appear frosted
-A Rudolph the red nosed reindeer Santa hat (and yes...his nose DOES glow (with a little red led light)! :lol:)

And some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

I'm SO tempted to get it all set up just to see how cute it'll look in my living room! I have just the spot for it...I'm just afraid that once I get it up, I'll never get it back down and put away again :lol:.

So hoping to let myself live in the magic of christmas once again starting next year!

BellaVita
01-15-17, 04:00 AM
That is so awesome psycho, now we can both enjoy the magic of Christmas together next year :D

Johnny Slick
01-15-17, 06:27 AM
So the choir thing didn't work out but I've got a couple new irons in the fire now:

- I had my first Improv 101 class at freaking Second City yesterday. OH MY GOD WOW
- I'm trying on a couple of community choirs.
- I'm signing up for voice lessons because it's something I've wanted to do, like, forever.
- Next week I'm looking into volunteering at a public internet radio station. I did used to work in radio several years ago (got canned due to ADHD in fact) so while I'm a little more lukewarm about this one than the others it's still something I want to pursue.

Anxiety had basically prevented me from doing a lot of this (well, and not living in Chicago but it's not like there aren't theatre stuffs all across the country). Now I'm feeling good enough about myself that the anxiety, it's just not as a bad.

psychopathetic
02-05-17, 03:27 PM
I'm done. I'm over it. I'm so sick of my crappy internet!
And I don't know why I keep paying for it month after month. My contract with them has been expired for at least a year. Think it's been 2 years now actually.
And recently they even increased what I pay to $60 a month!

I also think they've started to throttle my internet (decrease my speed/bandwidth). I'm lucky to get 2.5 megabits per second which in these days, is absolutely pathetic.
My parents routinely hit 40+ megabits/second.
They get about 20x the download speeds that I get.
To put that in perspective...a week ago I downloaded a movie for them to watch through their internet. It took about 5 minutes.
For me to download the same movie through my internet...it'd take me about 1 hour. :eek:
And I'm paying $10 more a month than my parents.

So I FINALLY took action...stopped thinking about it and actually did what I needed to do, to switch over to the internet provider my parents use.
They'll be here on Friday the 10th to hook everything up for me :D.

I'll then call my current provider and <s>tell them where they can shove it</s>politely ask them to close my account with them. <s>because they suck and should burn!</s>

I'm very excited...I've been going nuts these last couple of weeks with the sudden decrease in speeds I'm getting. And I've tried everything I'm capable of doing to troubleshoot it...but dang. My internet is just crawling right now. I can't even watch youtube videos in 720p hd right now :(.

Ah well, I'm less than a week away now :D.

psychopathetic
02-05-17, 03:33 PM
Also...I bought myself a pretty christmas tree after christmas...and wanted to see what it looked like all set up...so I've slowly been decorating it.
I've no desire to take it down now, and very much so plan on keeping it up all year cause it's turning out so pretty and looks so great in my living room.

But I'm anxious to have the cable man over...he's going to think I'm lazy or nuts or probably both for still having a christmas tree up lol.

Also, my kitchen and living room are clean enough for him to be in all he wants. But I'm super nervous he's going to need to go to my bedroom for some reason. I wonder if I can deny him to do so and to finish up instillation on my own if need be?

salleh
02-05-17, 10:42 PM
OOOO I am all about Christmas decorations ......got the farm tree up a week before Xmas, but the house tree didn't go up until about Jan 3rd or so .....and it's still up and twinkling away over in the corner .......the cool thing about getting old is that you really do stop giving a good gawddam* about what other people think .....( that and people have thought I was nuts from my earliest years ...I'm used to it ) .....

....It's our sparkly tree .....we love looking at it ...so it's gonna stay up til it's dangerous .....

....don't want to sound too ....teachers pet here, but I am really looking forward to the first weekend I am back in Cal .....it's the Treasure Island FLea, and I love everything about it ...from the folks who own and run it, to my friends who are vendors there, to the other vendors who I don't actually know, to the fabulous folks who come to shop there .....and dogs are allowed too ....I love to people watch, and some of the dogs are just such a hoot ! ....

...not to mention having people tell me how creative and talented I am while giving me lots of money ....what's not to like with that ? ....I swear I fell like a rock star by the end of the day .....

....and it's in one of the prettiest places in the whole entire country, ....we're on an island in the middle of San Francisco Bay, facing Berkeley and Oakland, with the new glistening white Oakland bridge soaring over the water .....and an entire street full of those lush very lots of palm fronds short palm trees marching off down the waterfront ..Oh and the waters of the bay are about ...hmmmmm 30 feet or less away .....and there's boats of all sizes and types flitting about the waters .....and the new set up has us in one lonnnnnng street, and it looks so chipper and festive, with canopies and flags and signs and people stretching out as far as the eye can see.....with people walking in big ole groups, in colorful clothes carrying all kinds of interesting finds kids romping around the slower grown ups, dogs prancing around on their leashes .....

...and best of all I get to see my friends there .....whoopeee !!!

...and I am coming home early and doing this show, because the following weekend I head for the LA area for our 53rd grade school reunion ....the 50th was such a success, that we decided to do it every 3 years ! .....I'll be staying with one of my best friends from grade school days, and then going down to Orange County to stay with another one after the 3 day reunion ....it was wonderful to find out that the kids I went to grade school ( 4th through 8th) were not only nice kids, but grew up to be such nice people as grown ups ....we did have an idyllic childhood though .....so we started out with the best of foundations.....

Johnny Slick
02-05-17, 11:06 PM
I feel like I'm basically living through the week to get to Saturday now because Saturday is my improv theater class. Oh my god it is soooooooo much fun! It also feels like the perfect antidote to ADHDness and all the self-doubt that comes with it. You just goof around, stay in the moment, and just have a fun and funny time with people for 3 hours. And if you ever get stuck, you just remember to watch whatever your partner is doing and amplify that - so you're using empathy to get out of your own head.

This past week the instructor decided that we could not speak anything but gibberish for the entire second half of the class (which she conveyed to us via gibberish, too). It was very scary... right up to the point where it wasn't and it just felt like anything else. In fact, for me it was a load of extra fun because I got to concentrate on he rhythm of my language without having to search in real time for the right words as well. And it hammered home a point, which is that you don't really shoot for "funny" in improv so much as you shoot for character and conflict and the funny just kind of happens on its own.

Pilgrim
02-06-17, 05:53 AM
Sex multiple times.

Wuvmy3kitties
02-06-17, 04:48 PM
:giggle:
OK....moving on....

I don't know if I can "top" that one.
Looking forward to spending time with my kitties.

Fuzzy12
02-06-17, 09:13 PM
I feel like I'm basically living through the week to get to Saturday now because Saturday is my improv theater class. Oh my god it is soooooooo much fun! It also feels like the perfect antidote to ADHDness and all the self-doubt that comes with it. You just goof around, stay in the moment, and just have a fun and funny time with people for 3 hours. And if you ever get stuck, you just remember to watch whatever your partner is doing and amplify that - so you're using empathy to get out of your own head.

This past week the instructor decided that we could not speak anything but gibberish for the entire second half of the class (which she conveyed to us via gibberish, too). It was very scary... right up to the point where it wasn't and it just felt like anything else. In fact, for me it was a load of extra fun because I got to concentrate on he rhythm of my language without having to search in real time for the right words as well. And it hammered home a point, which is that you don't really shoot for "funny" in improv so much as you shoot for character and conflict and the funny just kind of happens on its own.

Just talking gibberish sounds like so much fun. Do you mean just nonsensical syllables or nonsensical sentences but in proper English?

I talk a lot of gibberish to my little girl and that's so much fun too. I'd love to do it with adults as well.:D

Johnny Slick
02-07-17, 02:49 AM
I can't speak for anybody else but I was just using a bunch of nonsense syllables. I had an idea of what I was actually saying but once I got past the awkwardness it was more about concentrating on the rhythm of the language than trying to actually replace words.

And yeah, an awful lot of improv comedy is doing stuff you did when you were 5 but supposedly grew out of. There's a reason why kids do these things, and it's because it's fun as hell.

BellaVita
02-07-17, 03:49 AM
Hopefully throwing snowballs at my husband. :D

What, adults can play too. :lol:

psychopathetic
06-09-17, 06:23 AM
Me and my dad are heading to the Mall Of America in Minnesota...planning on leaving either Sunday, or Monday and spending 3 or 4 nights there. I'm hoping for 5 days, 4 nights...that gives us plenty of time.

The biggest issue is...the drive. We think it'll be about an 18 hour drive there, and 18 hours back. I have a hard time driving as it puts me to sleep. My dad likes to drive, but he's only human too, and he's recoverying from open heart surgery.
I'm nervous about the huge amounts of driving. /sigh

Anyhow...I just got impulsive and bought him and me a couple of Minnesota Twins baseball tickets :D. It's his favorite team. The seats aren't anything amazing, but they're decent enough...plus they come with a free hotdog and soda...plus hotdogs on that day are only $1 each and they're giving free energy efficient light bulbs out for some reason haha.

Plus I've got the perfect hotel picked out for us. I'm SO ready to order the rooms right now...but I better check with my dad first! lol
It's only 1.1 miles away from the mall...has free breakfast...and most importantly is cheap. yeah...I'm a cheapo. lol...sure I'd LOVE to stay in a fancy hotel...but dang, I'm all about cheap hotels so I can have extra money for the trip itself. Food, shopping, experiences...There's only so much you can do on a budget. I'd LOVE to fly rather than drive too...but again...it's just too much money!

We need 2 rooms. We can't sleep in the same room. For 1 thing, I freaking LOVE cranking up the air conditioning in my hotel rooms and making it like a freezer in there. lol I'm not exactly sure why, but just thinking about it makes me all nostalgic. I much prefer to be cold to warm/hot...and then it gets so cold at night that I snuggle extra deeply into the bed and blankets...and I sleep a lot harder usually when it's cold.
Man...I can't wait!
My dad likes his rooms nice and warm. YUCK!

Plus...we snore. And not just a little bit...I'm talking ground shaking, ear drum breaking, thunderous snores! I could just about strangle my dad he's so loud! But then I finally fall asleep somehow through it all...only to wake my poor dad up from my own snoring!
Then we spend the next day grumpy and tired and feeling raw...and it sucks cause we're on vacation so we should be having a blast.
It's damn difficult to be happy when you're so freaking tired though.

So we need our sleep. We need separate rooms! lol

I found a hotel that will only cost $585 (with tax) for 2 rooms, 4 nights. That's a great price I think.

I also took out a $500 loan extension with my bank. I've had a loan out with them for many years...and every year or 2 I've been extending it. I'm super lucky they keep letting me...though I've never missed a single payment with them in all these years...and holy heck have they made a ton of money off of me from interest! I don't mind a bit though...I actually like having a loan out through them. They've been very good to me.

We've also got $1,800 we'll be taking (that we've been saving specifically for a vacation)...plus my dad's taking a $200 visa gift card to use for gas.
Even after paying for our hotel, we'll have over $1,200 plus my $500 for the trip! :D
It's SO much fun to go places and not to have to worry about money. I LOOOOOVE shopping and knowing I have enough money to actually buy some small trinkets and souvenirs. $500 is more than enough for me...I really don't want anything big at the mall, but would love to look for small little things. Stuff to remember the trip by.

We'll be doing several things besides just shopping and eating at the mall.

We'll be doing Sea Life...I'm SO excited about this one! They've got a cool tank full of sea cucumbers, sea stars, and different kinds of coral and things...all which you can reach into and touch! haha how cool! :D They have another exhibit set up with lots of different sting rays...again, you get to put your hand into it and touch them! I was watching some videos of it, and the sting rays come right up to you and let you pet them...it's super cute! lol
Then they have a big room set up with a bunch of circular aquariums filled with jelly fish floating around...and they're really cool cause they have lights that change colors so all the jelly fish glow different colors in the tanks...very trippy!
Then there's a big long hall...only the hall is made of clear acrylic and all around it you're surrounded by a big aquarium. They have several kinds of sharks, sea turtles, and big fish that swim all around you and on top of you. It looks so magical!
Then there's a cool rain forest exhibit...they have piranhas, and big snapping turtles and poison dart frogs...they even have a crocodile!
I just can't wait for this!!

We're also going to do this thing called Fly-Over-America. You sit in some seats and there's a big theater screen that surrounds you, so that wherever you look you see the screen. The seats then lift up off the ground and your feet start dangling freely, and the seat tips and turns and what not. It's not suppose to be a scary ride...though it does feel like you're flying so it can be quite frightening.
And they you fly across America! lol...you start on one coast, and fly over a bunch of the most well known landmarks and cities, and you make your way all the way to the other coast.
It's also neat because they use fans, mist, and scents. So that when you're flying over something like the Niagara Falls, they use mist so you feel like you're right there...or if you fly over a meadow full of yellow flowers, they pump the room with the scent of flowers...etc. etc.
Just a fun little thing I'm really looking forward to. It doesn't last long...I think it's under 20 minutes...but wow! What an amazing way to spend 20 minutes! It'll be an experience we'll never forget!

Then I'm making my dad do a thing call the Crayola Experience with me. TOTALLY for kids...but they accept adults as well! haha
There's 17 different activities you can do. 1 of them you get to pick a crayon color, then go to a computer and give the crayon a unique name...whatever you want it to be, then it prints out the crayon wrapper which you take to another machine...pull on a lever, and it attaches the wrapper to the crayon.
Another one has you color a picture, then take it to a machine that cuts your picture out and turns it into a puzzle.
There's another one that takes your picture then you can play around with it on a computer adding different backgrounds and stuff...then it prints the picture out in black and white and turns it into a cool coloring sheet.
Another station lets you pick out a crayon color, then it melts the crayon and turns it into different molds. A little dinosaur, or a small ring, or a little car. Just cute!
And another station that has a bunch of melted crayon and paint brushes...where you get to pain a picture using the melted crayons.
And yet another station where you get to pick out a color of clay...then make different creations with it!
I think there's 17 stations all together...and it's only $17 per person (or just $30 for an annual pass which includes an unlimited amount of visits for a year!!).

Then there's the lego store I'm super stoked about!
I'm not the biggest lego fan...never had them growing up...but I recently put together a big millennium falcon (star wars) set with over 1,300 pieces...and I completely fell in love with lego! It only took me a night, and it's one of the most enjoyable things I've done in a long time!
They have a big station set up in the store with TONS of lego mini figure parts. Legs, heads with different faces, arms, upper bodies with different outfits, hats, and TONS of different accessories.
You can build 3 of them for $10. So fun!
Then there's the Wall Of Bricks...which is a big wall with different containers full of different lego pieces in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They're all organized separately thank goodness, so if you're looking for something specific...you don't have to dig through a billion other pieces to find it.
You buy a big cup for like $15 or $16, and then you can stuff the cup with as many pieces that you can fit into it...so it's just something really fun. It's also a great way to find rare hard to find pieces, and is one of the cheapest ways to acquire legos. There's also tons of different youtube videos on how to stuff the cups in the best possible ways to get the most for your money haha.

Then the Disney store...star wars = love! lol
And the nickelodeon store!
I'm such a child! And I LOVE it! lol :D

And then I just had an idea a couple of days ago.
I think I'm going to get my dad to go to the Build-A-Bear Workshop with me, pick out a bear in honor of my mom, and have it made just for her.
Not sure where we'll put the bear...but I just thought the idea was quite lovely.

Okay, so maybe 5 days, 4 nights wont be enough after all! lol

I'm SO looking forward to this trip!

Fuzzy12
06-09-17, 06:46 AM
Sounds amazing!! I.loved well planned out holidays. I wish I could come!! Love the bear idea too. How lovely!!

Quiescent
06-09-17, 08:52 AM
I am starting to learn more about crochet. I have a first time blanket in the process. It's very hard to do it with certain yarns. It looks funny right now, but I'll fix it.

stef
06-09-17, 09:26 AM
I am starting to learn more about crochet. I have a first time blanket in the process. It's very hard to do it with certain yarns. It looks funny right now, but I'll fix it.

always end the rows exactly the same way, like it's explained in the pattern
or the thing is going start to go pyramid shaped, but you wont realize it for about 4 rows and that's a long time when you're doing a blanket for the first time.

aeon
06-17-17, 11:10 PM
The forthcoming game Blasphemous

http://i.imgur.com/2eX6CpM.gif

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
06-18-17, 07:46 AM
always end the rows exactly the same way, like it's explained in the pattern
or the thing is going start to go pyramid shaped, but you wont realize it for about 4 rows and that's a long time when you're doing a blanket for the first time.

and they can weigh a TON while making them...very worthwhile though.

psychopathetic
06-20-17, 11:45 PM
Just splurged and got myself a small 5,000 btu air conditioner for my room on amazon. Should be here on friday.

All I know is I can't stand this heat a bit and have been dreaming of having air conditioning for many, MANY years. I also know that when I was on my trip recently and was in my own hotel room...I kept it icy cold (well as cold as the darned machine would let me...not quite cold enough for me) with the air conditioning and I slept like an absolute rock because of it. Not only was my sleep deeper, but I didn't wake so often needing to use the bathroom.
Hopefully the same will hold true at my apartment with my own air conditioning.
One nice thing I like about this cheap-o machine...is it wont automatically shut itself off like the one in my hotel did. If I want it off I'll have to get up and turn it off/down. Drove me nuts about the one in my motel...it'd get to a certain temp, then shut the AC off for awhile till it started to warm back up.

Also...the sound! I love the sounds of stuff like these things (and big fans).

It might not work very well...but I'm sure hoping it at least helps a little bit! I'm so ready for snow and freezing temperatures again already!

psychopathetic
06-25-17, 05:40 PM
Just splurged and got myself a small 5,000 btu air conditioner for my room on amazon.

It's nearly 80º F (27º C) at my itsy bitsy speck on the classroom globe...
Yet inside my room I'm covered in a blanket and still I'm cold!

:yes:

My room is twice as big as the air conditioner is made for...but dang it's doing a good job of things!

It's a little thing really. But this honestly is a dream come true for me. I've wanted my own air conditioner for as long as I can remember. I love this feeling of being really cold like this...ESPECIALLY during the summer when it's so hard to escape the heat! In winter it's usually pretty easy for me to stay cool all the time.

My sleep has been great this weekend too. Not getting enough of it, but the sleep I am getting is so nice! Being cold like this makes me really hunker down deep into my blankets and I tend to sleep much deeper than when I'm warm. I toss and turn less often...don't wake up as much.

I'm never leaving my room again! lol :p

Little Missy
06-25-17, 09:26 PM
i'll take a shower with a bag on my cast in the morning, but i'm having that chick at snappy cuts wash my hair. i'll be a monkey's uncle if i'm having my fingers pulled back into joint again.

aeon
06-25-17, 10:43 PM
Jacking up the car, undoing 14 10mm bolts, removing the lower engine cover, snaking my arms to the radiator, wrenching in a sensor, and plugging in a connector.

Because. I. Forgot. The. Sensor. :doh:

Yes, This Was Sarcasm,
Ian

eclectic beagle
06-26-17, 02:40 PM
Rotting.

Johnny Slick
06-26-17, 02:44 PM
I have my "finals" for the acting class I've been taking tonight. My scene partner and I have been working on this for the past 2 months and so it's going to be a little bit bittersweet when we finally perform it in class for the last time.

Unmanagable
08-05-17, 10:38 AM
Soon to be spending a whole week in an unfamiliar town over an hour or so away with three of my favorite kids and their fur babies while their folks are away spreading some serious joy.

psychopathetic
08-05-17, 11:10 AM
Very cool Unsy :D

Any chance you'll be able to take a couple of hoops along to teach them how to do some basics?
Also...what kind of fur babies? Just dogs and cats?

(((Uns)))

Unmanagable
08-05-17, 11:19 AM
Very cool Unsy :D

Any chance you'll be able to take a couple of hoops along to teach them how to do some basics?
Also...what kind of fur babies? Just dogs and cats?

(((Uns)))

Oh yeah. I'm taking two 100 foot rolls of tubing with me, one for waist hooping, the other for arm hooping, so we can make some. The three sets of extra hands will up the production big time. :yes:

My plan is to make some and then go touring the town one day to see who wants to join in the fun. lol One already knows how to hoop since their mom does it, too. The two boys might not be as enthused about the actual hooping, but will enjoy making them and joining in on the public relations, at least.

One dog and one cat....not real sure what breed the dog is. Short, stubby, super furry with the most beautiful reddish-brown fur, and kind of a long-ish body and the kitty is an older grey tabby, I think. I'm not good at recognizing the breeds unless it's smack ya' upside the head obvious.

Unmanagable
09-24-17, 02:17 PM
Gathering black walnuts, learning how to tincture the hulls, and saving the nuts for winter. Note to self...don't forget the gloves!!!