View Full Version : Question on Duration, and is any1 on my meds?

Jill22089
11-07-16, 10:26 AM
ok im looking for someone with a similar or same experience with duration in meds. i started on 40 mg vyvanse lasted 4 hours, then upped to 60 mg and its now lasting 7 hours. any1 the same with mg and time it lasts? lastly im getting an adderall IR added so if any1 has same tolerance as me with those mg and added an IR how many more hours did that add to the 7? also is it weird that my doc didnt do 70 before trying and ir? my friend takes 2 40's to make 80 mg to help with his duration why r some doctors going that route instead of IR?:confused:

john2100
11-07-16, 01:22 PM
ok im looking for someone with a similar or same experience with duration in meds. i started on 40 mg vyvanse lasted 4 hours, then upped to 60 mg and its now lasting 7 hours. any1 the same with mg and time it lasts? lastly im getting an adderall IR added so if any1 has same tolerance as me with those mg and added an IR how many more hours did that add to the 7? also is it weird that my doc didnt do 70 before trying and ir? my friend takes 2 40's to make 80 mg to help with his duration why r some doctors going that route instead of IR?:confused:

The reason why he didn;t go to 70 from 60mg is , that is it only 15% more of medication in your system . You are not reacting good to 40 or 60 , so 70mg wouldn;t do much of a diferemce. Even 80mg probably woudn;t do it.

Ir is effective for up to 5-6h , some report 3h.

What is important here is being realistic to as to what can be achieved with meds. Especially with new users.

Can you say how much improvement can you see being on 40 or 60 compered to nothing.

If you are trying to replicate effectiveness lasting for 10h that demonstrates itself in 100% focus, mistake free,motivation and productivity , you will be disapointed.

She should consider sucess to be improvement and not 100% hapiness with meds results.

Only a very small % can achieve this hapiness with results on meds.

Meds works , but it will require a lot of effort from your side to , by creating habits, systems, checklist etc.Otherwise you will never be happy with meds.

adhd brain=hadrware ,can be fixed with meds
brain needs also software=you (habits,system,solution, checklist)

sarahsweets
11-08-16, 05:40 AM

What makes you think it has to do with tolerance? I think I may have posted on another thread of yours so forgive me if I sound like a broken record...
Bias alert: I do have my own personal resentments with vyvanse but I wont junk up your thread about it. Vyvanse is billed as the "all day" med, lasting 12 hours. I have rarely met anyone that this has been true for and with me, I was very, very lucky if I could get 8 hours out of my vyvanse.
Adding an ir booster seems like a good idea but what about cutting our the vyvanse and going on just adderall?

C15H25N3O
11-08-16, 05:51 AM
I get about 13h coverage from Vyvanse and if I need it also by night I take 1/4 of my
dosage 5-6h after my morning dosage. I dont like mixing in different amphetamine
salts cuz they have a different effect on my brain sauce. I prefer having the same sauce
all day long.

Jill22089
11-08-16, 10:32 AM
because she hasnt mentioned a switch i tell her the 60 is only 7 hours at next appointment then i try adding the IR im sure if that didnt work she would switch but considering the amount of time that seems to add seems like its gonna be just right

Jill22089
11-08-16, 10:33 AM
She didnt switch me to adderall cuz i havent tried IR yet i tell her at next appointment its only 7 hours on 60 Vyvanse but considering the estimation of time IR will add seems like this will do the trick im sure if it doesnt work she will switch and u gotta remember i have an addiction history they try not to prescribe adderall to more at risk people i have 4 years clean but still

sarahsweets
11-08-16, 12:17 PM
She didnt switch me to adderall cuz i havent tried IR yet i tell her at next appointment its only 7 hours on 60 Vyvanse but considering the estimation of time IR will add seems like this will do the trick im sure if it doesnt work she will switch and u gotta remember i have an addiction history they try not to prescribe adderall to more at risk people i have 4 years clean but still

What IR does she want you to try instead of adderall? I am an alcoholic and its been scientifically proven that people who are treated properly for their adhd are less likely to abuse substances and alcohol because often the abuse of those substances are a form of self medication.

Jill22089
11-09-16, 02:19 PM
no she IS doing an adderall IR i meant im sure she didnt start me on adderall ONLY as opposed to vyvanse cuz of addiction. or lately it seems they try vyvanse first on everybody really. atleast where i go. but yeah im on 60 now it lasts til 3. adding the IR will be all i need just gotta wait a few days