View Full Version : Pets!

excelsior
11-10-16, 07:16 PM
Got dogs and cats? Birds? Iguanas? Alligators?

I've got a BIG, hyper cat named Robin Hood! 'Standard' domestic, with some Maine Coon mixed in! He's tabby on back, white underneath. As he's grown older, the tabby 'saddle' has become more prominent. He likes to romp around outside, and play with cats of questionable character! :giggle:

Little Missy
11-10-16, 07:37 PM
Got dogs and cats? Birds? Iguanas? Alligators?

I've got a BIG, hyper cat named Robin Hood! 'Standard' domestic, with some Maine Coon mixed in! He's tabby on back, white underneath. As he's grown older, the tabby 'saddle' has become more prominent. He likes to romp around outside, and play with cats of questionable character! :giggle:

I LOVE this!!!! You made my day!:D

acdc01
11-10-16, 08:07 PM
I have a blue point Himalayan cat. He looks and sounds like a little angel.

Just got him as my relative moved to his new place and didn't want to take his cat with him.

Little Missy
11-10-16, 10:03 PM
I have a blue point Himalayan cat. He looks and sounds like a little angel.

Just got him as my relative moved to his new place and didn't want to take his cat with him.

I love Himalayans. :)

ginniebean
11-11-16, 12:58 PM
I have my lil boy cat named Derp. He is just an all black domestic shorthair and i love him to bits. He's fully an indoor cat mostly because I'd be terrified to ever lose him tho he does have supervised forays on to my balcony.

He's not overly graceful mostly because he's just so energetic in jumping about. He fills my life with love and joy. i can say he removed a lot of depression for me.

midnightstar
11-11-16, 02:10 PM
I have two adorable girl cats, Ebony and Tigger :D

Ebony saved me from myself :grouphug:

(what? she did :o )

Lunacie
11-11-16, 03:35 PM
Ordinary pets can be wonderful therapy.

A few years ago my grandchildren got a guinea pig (cavey) each for Christmas.

The white one, Pebbles, became a marvelous therapy animal for the youngest child who has autism.

The other one is Reeces because he looks like he's made of chocolate and peanut butter in coloring.

We have a Papillon (looks like a shaggy chihuahua) that is my daughter's guard dog. Not a peep out of him if he's home without mommy, but when she's here he barks a huge warning.

And two tiny Chihuahuas, Max and Murphy. They are little sweethearts, not ankle-biters like some small dogs. Max's heart belongs to this gramma. :)

BellaVita
11-11-16, 03:42 PM
I've got a super smart German Shepherd/Lab mix who really mostly looks like a black German Shepherd. Her name is Loua.

She is my loyal protector and companion. (She's very wary of strangers, but adores my husband and I)

psychopathetic
11-11-16, 04:51 PM
I've got a super smart German Shepherd/Lab/BAT mix who really mostly looks like a black BAT. Her name is Loua.

She is my loyal protector and companion. (She's very wary of strangers, but adores my husband and I)

Fixed.

:giggle:

Delorian88
11-11-16, 05:02 PM
I have 2 cats : connor and Boo (Boo because hes scared of his own shadow)
Also i have 2 dogs: Douglas and his littermate sister Phoebe Buffay
Douglas really helps with my ADHD, he was the first dog i have ever owned and by training hi, and him ALWAYS being up to play when i'm having a hyper active moment lol, instead of me taking it elsewhere. He definitely keeps me a bit more grounded.

FogNoggin
11-11-16, 06:07 PM
Crazy cat man here, I have 9 cats,
They keep me sane.
(pears out window looking for men donning lab coats)

C15H25N3O
11-11-16, 08:38 PM
Do silverfishs, flies, woodlouses and bugs also count as pets?

I clean up a lot but windows are open too much and I have neighbours I dont trust.

Little Missy
11-11-16, 09:48 PM
Do silverfishs, flies, woodlouses and bugs also count as pets?

I clean up a lot but windows are open too much and I have neighbours I dont trust.

Iffen you wish. :)

excelsior
01-23-17, 09:10 PM
If I had a bigger place, I'd have more than one cat, a dog, too. As it is, Robin keeps me busy. He loves to go outside and romp around! I've learned not to take him out at night. His cat instincts take over and he disappears! Once I hunted through a jungle of shrubs and bushes, only to find he'd never left the driveway! I came out covered with burrs, and he's just sitting there!