View Full Version : Crash better at higher mg??

Jill22089
11-11-16, 09:44 AM
at 40 mg vyvanse i would have an hour and a half crash, i moved up to 60 and now i dont get a crash is that strange?

C15H25N3O
11-11-16, 08:57 PM
I experience a crash when I was overdosed or if the med comes too fast and leaves too fast like dexedrine.

Vyvanse leaves like it comes. Weak, subtle, just there and just leaving.

How long do you take Vyvanse and do you get full effectiveness for more than 10 hours?

If you are new (less than 3 months) to it and if you dont have min10 hours effectiveness

you should not increase any dosages until you have it under control.

Your words sound like some of the confusions I experienced while my first 2 months.

I am not ranting on a med but I was fighting hard to get it working.

If you are using any IR boosters – they make you crash not Vyvanse.

Then get rid off mixing different amphetamine salts.

john2100
11-11-16, 09:53 PM
at 40 mg vyvanse i would have an hour and a half crash, i moved up to 60 and now i dont get a crash is that strange?

Give it time. It will come.

It's not strange ,it takes longer for 60mg to leave the organism.
Even if you don't feel it in your system,it is still there.
That's why you don't feel the crash.By the time you feel the crash , you are almost asleep.

Sonner or later, you will not feel the crash at all.maybe after 1-2 month on the same dose. Your body will get accustomed to it and you will barely feel it in your system and out of your system.

If you however feeling the crash all the time, it's a negative side effect.
We are trying to replicate healthy brain function with meds.
But as you can see, it's not easy,,,from euphoria,to crash etc.
Maybe one day we will have meds ,that can truly replicate the chemistry of a healthy brain with no side-effects.

C15H25N3O
11-12-16, 07:32 AM
The more I read and learn about Vyvanses adjustment problems I think the psydocs should prescribe 10mg
without any increases of the dosage over 2-3 months to get the body used to the substance.

It is easier to adjust the final dosage when the metabolizm is used to cut the dex off the lysin.

john2100
11-12-16, 08:16 AM
The more I read and learn about Vyvanses adjustment problems I think the psydocs should prescribe 10mg
without any increases of the dosage over 2-3 months to get the body used to the substance.

It is easier to adjust the final dosage when the metabolizm is used to cut the dex off the lysin.

Possibly, but they would loose all the patients.
ADD meds (stims) work right away. This marketing scheme is perfect storm.
Patients then expect the same,instant results.

What are the instant results? Unlimited focus for 12h a day with no crash.
People without ADD crash too, and crash hard.
Many people with demanding jobs get tired too, accountants, managers,teachers, mathematicians ,scientists,students.
After 10h of hard mental work, you get home and crash.
What are they supposed to do? Well my body doesn't work, maybe a I need a fix. They know it is normal.

C15H25N3O
11-12-16, 11:11 AM
I dont think they would loose the responsible patients but they will definately loose all
potential addictive rush&kick-searchers or people who try to replace illegal with legal
substances which does not help an quart of an inch on addiction.

True, the meds work right away but it takes some time to use them effective while
tolerance eliminates side-effects. Increasing a dosage due to "tolerance" means looking
for artifical effects like substance-induced euphoria which is linked to addiction.

Amphetamines might be classified as stimulants but their potential is more than stimulation.

john2100
11-12-16, 11:58 AM
I dont think they would loose the responsible patients but they will definately loose all
potential addictive rush&kick-searchers or people who try to replace illegal with legal
substances which does not help an quart of an inch on addiction.

True, the meds work right away but it takes some time to use them effective while
tolerance eliminates side-effects. Increasing a dosage due to "tolerance" means looking
for artifical effects like substance-induced euphoria which is linked to addiction.

Amphetamines might be classified as stimulants but their potential is more than stimulation.

The only way this would work ,if every MD would use the same rule.
Adderal let say. Start at 2mg IR x 2 day. Increase slowly by 1mg on weekly bases.
But it would be a big hit to pharmac. companies and to MD's as well.
Follow the money and you 'll see it .

One reason why people want instant results is this. When you go to doctor for treatment you are already at your lowest .You tried it all, nothing worked.
Then you go to a doctor, you a desperate and angry. A doctor gives you 20mg XR and problem solved. You are now over performing non-ADD people , so the meds, didn't fix your brain ,they made it over perform , and that will become your new STANDARD to which you will forever compere the effectiveness. Pretty good marketing .

john2100
11-12-16, 12:07 PM
Also many people get to max daily dosage ,let say 80mg of IR
Then also welbutrin at max dosage.

Then you go back , and ask for more bc. it is not working anymore.
Doctor will say , no you are at max . dosage. There is nothing else I can do for you with meds.

Then the realization hits you . You are at max dosage. You know the tolerance with be increased sooner or later. Doctor will say, there is however a therapy which can help you to deal with it . So at the end you will do it anyway.
There is nothing left for you to do.