View Full Version : Anybody ever tried placebo test with meds?

john2100
11-12-16, 11:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone ever tried to take sugar pill instead of you meds without knowing that you are taking the sugar pill.

If you ever did it by mistake,for example instead of taking 20mg you took 10mg, or a diferent pill, or just did a placebo test on purpose,post your results.

I did a test 2 years ago.Pretty detailed too with adderal , but my results were such , that most of the time I couldn't feel even the real adderall.
Taking placebo and adderal gave the same non-effect which was more slight anxiety then stimulation, that you are expected to feel on stimulants.

At the time of the test I was on it already for about 2-3 month so I knew what I was supposed to feel.Maybe I'll post the result if I find it. It was 8 day test with adderal or placebo at 10mg IR 2 times a day.

Joker_Girl
11-19-16, 03:32 PM
When I used to be on ritalin, just out of curiosity, I had my husband randomly give me either a name brand (ciba) or a generic (mallinkrodt) and I wouldn't look, and not tell me which one it was.

I wanted to see if my feeling that the name brand version just worked better somehow was correct, or if it was some kind of placebo effect.

It wasn't. I was dead on accurate nearly 100% of the time.

We did the reverse, too....I took one or the other and had him make a guess after a few hours, and he was pretty accurate, too. However, I may have subconsciously behaved differently. I tried to just not think about it, and go on about my life normally, though. I doubt I was subconsciously behaving differently, because shortly after I take it, I forget about it, unless I am trying to think about it for some reason.

john2100
11-19-16, 05:28 PM
How many times was the test done on you?

-just knowing the test is being performed increased the chance of having the medication switched on you.
-It would be perfect,if you didn't when when the test will happen or if it even happen
-Maybe in 2 days maybe in 1 month maybe never ,but you don't know
-maybe the pills will never be switched at all , but practically 1/3 of the time with uneven distribution
-every day you have to write down the BRAND guess
That would be interesting if you still have the option
-also if there are fillers, that may be more difficult to mask too,

How about doing the test with the same kind of medication but , you never know what kind of dosage you are getting.Then you have to write down ,what it was. Your daily dose or 1/2 of your daily dose.

Also the person giving the test tells you sometimes, or better write down the dosage but it may be a lie.

I'll try this test in a near future. I think that fillers from other meds may be a dead giveaway.

I was alone at that time , so I had to do the test like I did.

sarahsweets
11-20-16, 06:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone ever tried to take sugar pill instead of you meds without knowing that you are taking the sugar pill.

If you ever did it by mistake,for example instead of taking 20mg you took 10mg, or a diferent pill, or just did a placebo test on purpose,post your results.

I did a test 2 years ago.Pretty detailed too with adderal , but my results were such , that most of the time I couldn't feel even the real adderall.
Taking placebo and adderal gave the same non-effect which was more slight anxiety then stimulation, that you are expected to feel on stimulants.
How in the world were you able to do this test? Did you find sugar pills that were exact replicas of the adderall you were on?

john2100
11-20-16, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure about forum rules on this subjecton so i'll answer like this. .

If I were to do a test like this with Gynko and B12 to find out if I can feel any effect from either on my energy level I would do it like this.

Buy empty new gelatin capsule or use some from other supplements like tyrovsin or what ever you have. I would fell each with either gynko or B12.
I would buy a 64 square container with a removable lid ,basically one with no hinges to eliminate probability of remembering the position of pills .
I would make a matrix with 64 squares on a paper.
I would mark each of the squares of my matrix paper with either B12 or gynko.
I would start putting capsules in each continer to match matrix.
Then I would glue a piece of paper in the center of the bottom of the container marking the top orientation of a matrix and cover it to know later which is the TOP of the box.
Every day I would make a guess what I took.
Then at the end of the test I would compere my experience with a matrix.