View Full Version : Please help - diagnosed ADHD; Intuniv XR

Harvey Specter
11-15-16, 05:15 PM
Hey,

It's no doubt I have adhd, i literally cant do any homework, cant focus for more than 10-15 minutes. I'm clueless how people find out they have ADHD after they graduate from highschool/post-secondary. All i can do is play video games 10 hours straight.

My psychiatrist prescribed me intuniv xr 1mg then 2mg 2 weeks after. Does anyone know about this medication?

I told him that: I am usually always tired, have headaches/light headed, and have fainted in the past. The freaking symptoms of intuniv are sleepiness.

I've done a ton of research on stimulants like amphetaimes, and im 90% they will work. I have lost all motivation to study, therefore i dont think this med will work.

Thank you very much.

sarahsweets
11-16-16, 06:00 AM
Hey,

It's no doubt I have adhd, i literally cant do any homework, cant focus for more than 10-15 minutes. I'm clueless how people find out they have ADHD after they graduate from highschool/post-secondary. All i can do is play video games 10 hours straight.

My psychiatrist prescribed me intuniv xr 1mg then 2mg 2 weeks after. Does anyone know about this medication?

I told him that: I am usually always tired, have headaches/light headed, and have fainted in the past. The freaking symptoms of intuniv are sleepiness.

I've done a ton of research on stimulants like amphetaimes, and im 90% they will work. I have lost all motivation to study, therefore i dont think this med will work.

Thank you very much.

ADHD symptoms must have been present in childhood before age twelve and impair your life in 2 or more ways in 6 or more areas to be considered adhd.

Harvey Specter
11-16-16, 06:50 PM
ADHD symptoms must have been present in childhood before age twelve and impair your life in 2 or more ways in 6 or more areas to be considered adhd.

Do you have a table or graph that lists all the areas? Because i dont remember my childhood before 12... my parents think im 100% healthy but im not so they wouldnt tell me. I got 80s until grade 6, then 70s in 7-8, then 60s in gr9, started failing in gr11/12. For me adhd started after i played games for 8+hrs a day (could have been before 12yrs old, idk).

I'm a really motivated person, i used to wake up at 4 am in gr9, also did that this year (gr 12) to play basketball and cycle. I want to get 95's and land a great job. My problem is that i have a huge problem focusing, paying attention to hw, daze off in class, always want to move around.