View Full Version : Dealing with ADHD and Depression

chris87
11-15-16, 05:28 PM
I am trying to figure out the relationship between my ADHD symptoms and depression. I think that the depressive symptoms have been primarily caused by all of my failures. If I didn't mess up my life so much, I would probably feel much better about myself. From what I can tell, my ADHD symptoms have caused most of my issues. I suspect that if I fixed my ADHD, it would significantly improve my depression. I tried ADHD medication a few years ago, but it wasn't all that successful (Vyvanse, Dexedrine, Concerta, Strattera, etc). I have also taken 2 different SSRIs, and I didn't like them at all.

I feel so much despair that I don't want to do anything. Sometimes I wish that I could just stay in bed. I've put myself in such a difficult position, and it's causing me so much grief. I wake up in the morning, and I'm confronted with having to get through another horrible day.

If I try to do something, I can't concentrate. My mind won't allow me to focus, and I accomplish nothing. I stare at my computer screen and get very little work done.

It's a vicious cycle, because I have all these ideas. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm in such a bad place. I can't improve my circumstances, because I can't focus. I also can't focus, because I'm so worried about all of my problems.

I've given up on psychiatrists. After my last doctor closed his practice, he referred me to someone else. It seemed like all this person cared about was getting paid. I went to two other doctors, and they both wanted me to see one of their "therapists." I'm tired of spending money that I can't afford and getting no improvement. I don't feel like talking to people, so I never followed through.

Can anyone relate? I'm wondering if it ever gets any better.

sarahsweets
11-16-16, 05:58 AM
I can relate and urge you to get a work for normal stuff but also stuff related to autoimmune issues, lymes disease etc. You would be surprised. How's your sleep?