View Full Version : frustrated and embarassed

fosterthehuman
11-17-16, 12:39 AM
so I stay at my boyfriend's house most of the time and this morning before he went outside to go play basketball, he told me that inspectors were coming to check on the apartment but they were coming in 15 mins and I wasn't ready yet. this was like at 10am.

so when they got here I asked them if I could have an hour to get ready, I timed myself for an hour and I still had 20 mins left so I was gonna do my makeup.

Then they were knocking on the door again and said that it's been an hour
already and they have to leave if I'm not ready. So I just opened the door wearing a rope and jeans under, i look horrible without makeup but I also feel really dumb for having to take so long.

Ugh does this stuff happen to other people cause I'm feeling like I just sucked at managing my time. i told my bf that maybe i timed myself wrong but he said that the guys were probably just estimating an hour so they didn't exactly wait a whole hour.

i just really could have used that one hour, that's why i planned it out and everything, ugh

Jeftheginger
11-17-16, 12:51 AM
We make plans because it helps us. You did the right thing and all you could. Some times no matter how much you try to prepare things do not go your way. Just view it as character development opportunities, and you will do fine.

sarahsweets
11-17-16, 05:11 AM
I dont care, I would have made them wait. Whats the worst that could happen? They come back later.

fosterthehuman
11-17-16, 05:59 AM
We make plans because it helps us. You did the right thing and all you could. Some times no matter how much you try to prepare things do not go your way. Just view it as character development opportunities, and you will do fine.

I don't understand. I guess I'm confused cause I don't really know how to develop for this. Like I don't see how I could have possibly prepared more for this situation.

The things I can think of are I could have showered the night before, cause ththat's what took up a lot of my time. But I didn't know inspector's werecoming that morning. I also would have woken up earlier and gotten ready earlier, cause that's what I would usually do I was expecting company in the morning. I don't really see how I can learn from this.

fosterthehuman
11-17-16, 06:03 AM
I dont care, I would have made them wait. Whats the worst that could happen? They come back later.

The first time they knocked on the door, I asked them to wait an hour and come back. 40 minutes later, they were back. Then I asked them if they could give me twenty more minutes, they said that it had already been an hour, they also said that I was the last house they needed to inspect and said they were going to leave at that moment, since I still hadn't opened the door. It kind of put me on the spot and I felt the need to open the door for Them at that exact moment.

Mind you, that morning, my bf had told me that inspections were going on from 8am-5pm. So I don't understand how we could have been the last house to inspect, cause they inspected our place around 10 or 11am.

stef
11-17-16, 06:25 AM
They were on some kind of a schedule, or they wanted to get through as many inspections as possible; 40 minutes, is not 60 minutes!
They could have apologized and been more polite. none of this is your fault. at all.

JennK258
11-26-16, 02:50 PM
Ugh does this stuff happen to other people cause I'm feeling like I just sucked at managing my time. i told my bf that maybe i timed myself wrong but he said that the guys were probably just estimating an hour so they didn't exactly wait a whole hour.

i just really could have used that one hour, that's why i planned it out and everything, ugh

Oh dear, you are so hard on yourself. You didn't do anything wrong! Listen to your boyfriend- he knows better than any of us. :)

It takes me forever to get ready too! I've been fussed at for it by friends/SOs my whole life! I decided at some point to stop feeling bad about it. ;)

Nelson1967
02-23-17, 08:14 PM
Order and Routine we all actually benefit from disorders or not