View Full Version : ADD self treatment

hopelessADD
11-17-16, 07:36 AM
Hi I am new here so let me to indroduce myself. I am from Slovakia 22 years old diagnosed ADHD in childhood and developed too mixed ADD innatentive/impulsive. Slovakia is a bit stupid country so when i was child psychitrist put me on risperdal,tiapridal,levomepromazin etc... When i finally had 18 birthday i stopped these **** but got withdrawals tremors anxiety so my doc prescribed me xanax 3 mg per day and flouxetine. But attenion defficit was still there but now with anxiety and mild deppresion. I read a Lot about pharmacy,drugs so i know what i was taking and what i am taking now. So with my ADD i tried to find good psychiater in hope he help me. In my country is for ADD only 2 drugs approved strattera and concerta. First i got strattera but it just made me sleepy and irritable... So i asked for concerta 3 psychs and 1 neurolog said me i am xanax addiict and i want concerta just to get high or said i think ADD is not a Real diagnose.... So i decided to self medicate with ethylphenidate. Officialy with full supplements minerals spectrum and low doses. But now ethylphenidate gives me anxiety tremors i dont want to talk with people only little focus boost left. I tried tolerance breaks higher doses (very high doses worked relatively good but anxiety was through the roof and i was popping xaxax like skittles) so i stopped high doses. I decided to visit doctor again and i told him true About ethylphenidate and asked for concerta again because i wanted take stims under medical control and consult problems,doses etc.
He looked me and told me i am addict and wrote me olanzapine and said i dont have ADD... i instantly threw prescrition for olanzapine away. BUT PLEASE HELP i am hopeless this year i am going to graduate and without stims i cant focus learn... i tried everything left 500 for tyrosine Racetams omega 3 magnesium zinc aminoacids tianeptine phenibut but nothing helped :( It is dopamine downregulation ? I tried mild antipsyhotic tiapride (antagonist of d1 and d2) receptors but it did nothing. PLEASE any advice what to do i want to graduate but its too much for my brain. I loved body building now i cant because i dont want to be with people around me. When i dont use ethylphenidate after week i am sociable in good mood but focus on learning is impossible.

Pilgrim
11-17-16, 10:35 AM
I don't know if this is an option but would it be possible to be treated in Germany. It's hard here to get diagnosed.

I think in the long run having a decent life you need a number of modes. It's terrible when Drs look at you like your some drunk.

sarahsweets
11-17-16, 10:45 AM
Hi I am new here so let me to indroduce myself. I am from Slovakia 22 years old diagnosed ADHD in childhood and developed too mixed ADD innatentive/impulsive. Slovakia is a bit stupid country so when i was child psychitrist put me on risperdal,tiapridal,levomepromazin etc... When i finally had 18 birthday i stopped these **** but got withdrawals tremors anxiety so my doc prescribed me xanax 3 mg per day and flouxetine. But attenion defficit was still there but now with anxiety and mild deppresion.
I know doses are different for everyone but was the xanax all one dose or three times a day?

I read a Lot about pharmacy,drugs so i know what i was taking and what i am taking now. So with my ADD i tried to find good psychiater in hope he help me. In my country is for ADD only 2 drugs approved strattera and concerta. First i got strattera but it just made me sleepy and irritable... So i asked for concerta 3 psychs and 1 neurolog said me i am xanax addiict and i want concerta just to get high or said i think ADD is not a Real diagnose
Did you bring your childhood records with you? They are your proof and I cant see how one doctor would ignore a doctor that treated you for years.
Did anything that you said or did make them think you were abusing xanax?

.... So i decided to self medicate with ethylphenidate. Officialy with full supplements minerals spectrum and low doses. But now ethylphenidate gives me anxiety tremors i dont want to talk with people only little focus boost left.
Ok, this I have an issue with..I googled ethylphenidate and the first hits were for erowid- which should alert you to something. That site deals mostly in trip reports and recreational drugs. Is what you ordered legal in all ways? Is it one of those things that you can dodge the law with when they change the chemical formula?
Its not prescribed or monitored by a doctor and no matter how much you read about it you obviously have been taking enough to cause harm to your body with the tremors.

I tried tolerance breaks higher doses (very high doses worked relatively good but anxiety was through the roof and i was popping xaxax like skittles) so i stopped high doses. I decided to visit doctor again and i told him true About ethylphenidate and asked for concerta again because i wanted take stims under medical control and consult problems,doses etc.
He looked me and told me i am addict and wrote me olanzapine and said i dont have ADD.
How can you blame him?? Right or wrong, he said No to stimulants so you went and got some on your own, decided your own dosing, admittedly abused your xanax and are unwilling to try what he is prescribing?
I wasnt thinking you were an addict at the beginning of your post but now it seems like addict behavior.

.. i instantly threw prescrition for olanzapine away. BUT PLEASE HELP i am hopeless this year i am going to graduate and without stims i cant focus learn... i tried everything left 500 for tyrosine Racetams omega 3 magnesium zinc aminoacids tianeptine phenibut but nothing helped :( It is dopamine downregulation ? I tried mild antipsyhotic tiapride (antagonist of d1 and d2) receptors but it did nothing. PLEASE any advice what to do i want to graduate but its too much for my brain. I loved body building now i cant because i dont want to be with people around me. When i dont use ethylphenidate after week i am sociable in good mood but focus on learning is impossible.

I get it that you did not have your diagnosis validated- but the solution would be to go to another doctor or as many as necessary with your old records- even your old child doctor. The solution is not to treat yourself on your own.

Maybe you are not an addict but you did abuse medication and most doctors wont want to go near you without a long thorough period of accountability and trust building.

hopelessADD
11-17-16, 08:53 PM
I am prescribed xanax 3 times a day 1 mg. I brought childhood diagnose with me where is ADHD. I my country doctors wont prescribe you concerta they think you want to abuse it. They dont realize fact i can buy meth on every stret in my city.

To my addictive behavior you are wrong it was just try when EPH lost effects but this only increased side effects so i was eating xanax because of nbearable anxiety after 3 days i stopped. If i want to get high i can do it anytime my father is stomatolog so we have tramadol dihydrocodeine etc... always at home and my family knows About xanax and eph and trying to help me i am not a junkie my brain just cant handle 7 hours at school and after school learn at home another 2 hours. First 3 years of school i used stimulants maybe once a month, but this last year i cant. To be honest i misused eph maybe 3 times when my friend wanted to try it and we talk all night or dancing in club. With my anxiety problems stimulants are not very attractive to abuse.

john2100
11-17-16, 10:14 PM
Many people find concerta not that effective. Maybe you would be disappointed with it anyway. It isn't working like magic anyway. It gives you a little focus but it will still require a lot of hard work,creating new habits etc.

If concerta doesn't work ,in the USA they put you on adderal or vyvanse. If you can't get concerta, there is basically no hope to get any substitute for you.

What would you do if you got concerta and it wasn't working for you ?
You would have to deal with it without meds anyway. Sometimes the desperation by itself forces us to produces enough of our own dopamine and motivation to achieve the objective.

When I was on adderal I would automatically take it 1 or 2 x a day as prescribed by a doctor. I went on a business trip for 3 weeks and of course I took a bottle of amoxicillin instead of adderal . I went from 6month on adderall for ADD to zero cold turkey. I had no way to have it send, I cant remember why , but I just couldn't get a new script. I had no choice, I knew it wasn't coming but somehow I did what i thought was impossible .

Before that I couldn't have imagined going more then 3 days without adderal . If someone said , 3 weeks, I would have said, I may try it but it will be difficult. The psychological dependence is sure there. As I had no choice I had to do it. I wasn't gonna travel 800 miles to get it back. It also showed me that going without adderal wasn't impossible or as scary as I though, but my performance suffered too. But now I can go months without it, and I have due to side effects.

You should try the same. It looks like you are always searching,for anything that would help you , but no supplement gonna help you here .Once you realize that you are on your own , you may start to get some weird internal motivation you never though had.

hopelessADD
11-18-16, 01:49 AM
Man i live in stupid country pharmacology is my hobby cause my awesome mom has been stuffing me with pills like risperidon tiapridal levomepramozin since i was 8 old because she wanted good polite child in school. When i quit it in 18 i was Shaky agitated manic but i again i am live but that antipsychotics f*ucked up my brain chemistry dopamine receptors and many problems. So i was put on klonopin xanax and tried few ssris. I felt Alive after a Years i was happy socialable. I had some ADD symptoms but more of innatentive type with anger Issues but it was very mild and beareable. I am inteligent person with high ego so i gone through the 3 years of school like a boss in that 3 years is used stimulants when winter time kicks in because that lack of light made me lethargic after i adapted to winter season a put stims away and had one 4 day no sleep phentermine binge because i was in hospital with my shoulder and skipped 1 month of school so i decided to binge and pass missed exams in one shot. But now this last year is terrible. I am studying economy so i need be Fully focused at school and learn at home because everyday we have two exams minimal. Doctors here wont prescribe you concerta we are stupid old fashioned post communism country. You need prescription for everything for example diphedhydramine, almost all antihistamines and substances which are OTC in most of the world..... and i tried concerta 56 mg "accidentaly found" it was smooth all day moodlift with focus and task organization. I found 60 pellets which lasted me About two months. I did not noticed tolerance increase, almost Zero anxiety and few side effects like headaches mild agitation. It worked very well. Ethylphenidate worked good too but its short lived so your days are ups and downs. It suppress appetite much more, also sometimes anxiety wawes and focus its not laser Sharp you can focus really well but you get easily distracted by anything and tolerance builds up very fast. As i wrote my father knows About everything and trying to help me. He is a doctor and he knows neurolog for years and they are friends. That neurolog said me he understand me but he cant prescribe concerta to me because its not indicated for adults in sľovakia (oh i love my country) so i asked if i can Pay full price of concerta at pharmarcy and solve problem he prescribed me drug which is "off Label treament" for adults because insurance dont cover it and he may have troubles from insurance group. BUt guess what ? You cant do this in Slovakia.... lol. What a country of potato heads. Amphetamines like vyvanse dexamph adderall does not exist. Buy ritalin on street is classified like meth in law so it is risky and expensive like hell.

Is there option to switch from reuptake inhibitor to releasing agent ? Like 2-fa/phentermine ? I read some post where people cycling ndris and ndras like ritalin then switch to adderall and repeat.

namazu
11-18-16, 01:58 AM
Thread temporarily closed for review.

Please refer to the forum guidelines (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75).