View Full Version : Wellbutrin XL or Adderall XR-previous ir med abuse

AcctUhd456
11-20-16, 06:07 PM
Is Wellburin the perfect med for someone that has add,abused traditional add ir meds,and finds it hard to remain a non-smoker while on traditional ir meds? Can wellbutrin xl help with add and smoking? I also have moderate anxiety but I guess i can take anxiety as a side effect just hope I don't get panicky on it.

I do not want to take traditional adhd meds anymore. I do not like being dependent so much on them and dislike always having to make appointment for new script,pharmacy possible stock issues,side effects,the flack the media give it,etc.

I am going to talk to pdoc on 12/28 appointment about switching back to a long release med. What I am thinking is

Adderall XR x 2 daily

or

Wellbutrin XL

How do these two medications compare?I like adderall more than vyvanse/dexedrine as I get more done I think I am better with the left handed molecule medications like ritalin instead of procrastinating in my own little world. I've been on adderall XR and liked it tho it didn't last long but I will tell doc about adding another as he offered months ago before I switched to random dextroamphetamine ir /adderall ir medications multiple doses throughout the day.Other options I think could help relief of add and smoking could be concerta,ritalin LA,and a few more but for now adderall xr or wellbutrin xl.

I tried wellbutrin for anxiety/mild depression in 5 years ago around this time but never took more than 2 weeks I can't remember what it felt like except my heart rhythm was different and it gave me energy and slight motivation.

Thank You for taking the time to read.:thankyou:

cwf1986
11-21-16, 03:29 AM
Well, do you think there's a possibility that you'll abuse the drugs again? It's a slippery slope and can lead to a path far far worse than just being untreated would lead to. If you think that's a possibility, then stay away from the stimulants.

I've tried wellbutrin before. I responded well to it as an antidepressant. But it only helped mildly with attention, focus, executive function. Mostly, it's good for energy, motivation, and having more pep and keeping excessive worry and rumination at bay.

I take nortriptyline now at a high dose. It's a potent NRI which means it works kind of like strattera. It actually works better than stimulants for attention, working memory, executive function. It even helps me switch tasks and multitask which stimulants don't do. It works great for anxiety and my IBS like symptoms too.

It lacks the motivational get up and go that stimulants have so I'm going to ask my doctor about wellbutrin in combination with nortrip.

Edit: This is my experience and ymmv!
So to answer your question more directly, here's how I think adderall and wellbutrin compare:
Wellbutrin-
+better for mood, motivation, energy
Adderally-
+does what wellbutrin does, but not as well, but also helps with attention, focus, and working memory very well. Wellbutrin will help with those things, just not nearly as much.

sarahsweets
11-21-16, 04:58 AM
Is Wellburin the perfect med for someone that has add,abused traditional add ir meds,and finds it hard to remain a non-smoker while on traditional ir meds?
Congrats on addressing a problem!

Can wellbutrin xl help with add and smoking? I also have moderate anxiety but I guess i can take anxiety as a side effect just hope I don't get panicky on it.

It used to be a called zyban and was used to help you stop smoking. For me, wellbutrin made me very agitated, but I am also bipolar and on other meds.

I do not want to take traditional adhd meds anymore. I do not like being dependent so much on them and dislike always having to make appointment for new script,pharmacy possible stock issues,side effects,the flack the media give it,etc.

Adderall xr is still considered to be a 'traditional' adhd med and you could still experience all those things.

How do these two medications compare?I like adderall more than vyvanse/dexedrine as I get more done I think I am better with the left handed molecule medications like ritalin instead of procrastinating in my own little world. I've been on adderall XR and liked it tho it didn't last long but I will tell doc about adding another as he offered months ago before I switched to random dextroamphetamine ir /adderall ir medications multiple doses throughout the day.Other options I think could help relief of add and smoking could be concerta,ritalin LA,and a few more but for now adderall xr or wellbutrin xl.

How did the adderall xr work for you the last time?

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 05:10 AM
Thanks for being open to my problem,Sarah.

Unfortunate it didn't work for you as I think its the only add med as a "NDRI"? I may be wrong, I have scattered but 2 years of "research" on it.

I understand Adderall XR is still a traditional med, though that is the only "traditional" med I abused,smoked less, and had add positive results compared to other long acting meds though 1 30mg generic adderall xr didn't last as long although the doctor did offer to add another I said no (few months ago) because I don't have insurance but I guess I can for a $145 60 capsule 30mg xr generic using goodrx on Dec 15th appointment before I have insurance again beinning Janrary :) ...also read this and please tell me what you think Sarah
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd-web/article/617.html

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 05:18 AM
If I can give the adderall xr capsules to my dad or older sister it is very possible I could stay away from addiction. They are responsible and can tell on days when I do and don't take my meds...if that last part has anything to do with addiction lol.

You're adderall vs wellbutrin is kind of confusing though I guess I can sort of see the jist. Do you think wellbutrin is better than taking no med at all for add? Like pretend I didn't have an option for stimulants and I just said"no to add treatment" . Would wellbutrin XL(How does wellbutrin xl brand compare to generic,since I notice a difference between traditional add med brand vs generic)be better than "no to add treatment"?

I'm going to be searching about nortriptyline and NRI in the meantime,thanks for your viewpoint

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 05:24 AM
Sarah I know you have faced demons before with alcohol and other substances maybe(congrats,please don't bash me) and I admire you for never misusing or abusing traditional add meds as I think you are one of those people that they curbed addiction from the scattered posts I've read in the past. I'm the opposite and abused my meds but never had a problem with alcohol or recreational drugs except marijuana when I was 18 for about 1-2 years which was like 3 years before beginning my add treatment lol. Im sure add misuse is me trying to curb my GAD/SAD I developed from pot smoking when I was 18. You know what sucks?I always had add but never accepted med treatment. It's possible I could've never smoked weed or have GAD/SAD or nicotine addiction if I started PROPER ADD MED TREATMENT before I was 18 according to ADD research but that's just a guess and I can't go back in the past.

sarahsweets
11-26-16, 12:12 PM
Thanks for being open to my problem,Sarah.

Unfortunate it didn't work for you as I think its the only add med as a "NDRI"? I may be wrong, I have scattered but 2 years of "research" on it.

I understand Adderall XR is still a traditional med, though that is the only "traditional" med I abused,smoked less, and had add positive results compared to other long acting meds though 1 30mg generic adderall xr didn't last as long although the doctor did offer to add another I said no (few months ago) because I don't have insurance but I guess I can for a $145 60 capsule 30mg xr generic using goodrx on Dec 15th appointment before I have insurance again beinning Janrary :) ...also read this and please tell me what you think Sarah
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd-web/article/617.html

Ok, I read the link. The article focused on methylphenidate which is ritalin- which I guess is considered less abusable then adderall or dex?Not sure I believe that. The tips suggested are all pretty good ones, although i am not so sure I agree with a week at a time prescriptions because of how much the cost would fall on the patient. I can see the idea of having someone hold your meds for you but I feel like you need to be able to work toward a goal of being able to take your meds an keep them safe- because in reality you wont be in the position of having someone hold them for you forever. What if you travel or have to visit family?

You said you had an issue with adderall xr? If thats the case, then I would suggest trying something that isnt an amphetamine first- like ritalin or focalin. I would also suggest that you be honest with yourself and if you find yourself walking that line of possible misuse or abuse that you be willing and honest enough to tell someone so you can change the way you take it for it to do its job.

There is someone here who has been a recovering alcoholic and in the field of adhd for a zillion years, he has taken vyvanse for a long time-years and has worked with patients advocating for them to be able to take meds to treat their adhd. He has even gone to court on their behalf.

So many of us addicts have been used to self medication because we were not treated for our adhd, that we need to be taught how to treat it safely which in turn reduces the overall likelihood of us even abusing medication or drugs and alcohol.

sarahsweets
11-26-16, 12:20 PM
Sarah I know you have faced demons before with alcohol and other substances maybe(congrats,please don't bash me) and I admire you for never misusing or abusing traditional add meds as I think you are one of those people that they curbed addiction from the scattered posts I've read in the past. I'm the opposite and abused my meds but never had a problem with alcohol or recreational drugs except marijuana when I was 18 for about 1-2 years which was like 3 years before beginning my add treatment lol. Im sure add misuse is me trying to curb my GAD/SAD I developed from pot smoking when I was 18. You know what sucks?I always had add but never accepted med treatment. It's possible I could've never smoked weed or have GAD/SAD or nicotine addiction if I started PROPER ADD MED TREATMENT before I was 18 according to ADD research but that's just a guess and I can't go back in the past.

Did I bash you before? I hope not, I didnt mean to, I wanted to be supportive.
You sound like a person who was not having their adhd treated properly-which is what led to the abuse. I am not willing to chalk you up to some hopeless addict column. I believe you and I both would have had a better shot if we had been treated for adhd. I was diagnosed at 6 and not treated until my 20's. I am (gasp) 41 now and feel like a kid still, almost like I still have years to mature- even though I should have my sh*t together at my age.
I self medicated for the adhd, GAD, bipolar and many other things. I still smoke. funny enough I only dabbled with smoking in my youth and picked it up full time when I was 23- way to old and wise to start such an unhealthy habit.I am afraid to stop right now, I only have amost 4 years of sobriety and the scaredy cat in me thinks Ill relapse if I quit. All things in time I guess. I think you and I are more similar then different and I hope you dont think I was bashing you.

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 02:59 PM
I said I DO NOT have a problem with adderall xr sorry for the error. It was actually quite good. I smoked less on it than adderall IR and was smoother and no buzz compared to adderall ir. It worked better than vyvanse,Ritalin SR for me.

I have taken Vyvanse actually for 3 months before my insurance didn't cover it but maybe my new insurance starting Janruary will. I like that its practically not abusable especially if someone is watching over them lol. I just don't like that compared to Adderall XR I procrastinate WHILE on it. I mean its smooth and I almost can't tell its there, but still when It comes to executive function and task completion I did better on adderall xr. Or maybe 40-50mg vyvanse wasn't enough and I thought Adderall XR was much better. My doctor starts low when starting a new medication and 9/10 times doesn't "equate doses" between medications like the rough estimates I've seen on here.
Remember wellbutrin xl is something that is going to be on my mind..

What kind of plan would I work with myself to learn to take them regularly and safe in the long run?It still feels weird after 2.5 years to take a medication everyday because I rarely took it everyday longer than 2-3 months. I feel robotic and slightly disconnected when taking a medication at a certain time everyday. Would you be able to explain that? Same for ALL medications and even vitamins and supplements lol. Is it fear of dependency or not accepting add? Cause I do but Anxiety is something more I worry as I believe if I can recovery from anxiety than I might not need to take add meds to "function".

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 03:10 PM
No you never bashed me, you actually come off wise lol. You're a Pisces right(saw your birthday)? My mom is too(56), I don't believe in full astrology just sun signs on the social personality and I think Pisces are the last zodiac sign supposedly a combination of the other 11 and the most "wise" and selfless,dreamy,lazy,etc. lol that's how my mom is. I studied it a little bit for entertainment for over 2 years because I wanted to actually observe if the traits are true or not lol.

When I was kid some teachers and other student hinted I may need mentoring or medication despite being an A or B student due to my awkwardness/attention seeking/mysterious behavior and I always snubbed them saying I'm smart. When I was 17 being already a sophomore in college I was so not ready to be an adult yet I was emotionally immature compared to others and still probably am at 23. I wonder if I can take medication regularly and see a coach/mentor/counselor on a schedule if that would be a big help. I remember I always went to a school counselor when I made straight A's. Ever since I stopped talking to "someone" about my life progress at least biweekly I notice I am discouraged with my goals a little.

Ya I experimented with lots of recreational drugs though only got addicted to nicotine,marijuana,prescription amphetamine. Right now its obvioulsly the adderall(ish meds) and nicotine which now practically goes hand in hand with it since when I take a "break" from meds I don't smoke and its easy to stop,but hard stay a non-smoker with stimulant meds until I can learn to accept taking them regularly possibly so that it becomes part of me and not some "novelty" or association.

AcctUhd456
11-26-16, 03:14 PM
My last appointment with doc was November 2nd I think and didn't have me till 8 weeks which is December 28th. Would it be okay to make an early appointment to talk about switching medication? That's a long time away and I want to make this change soon. The problem is the monday before past monday he wrote me a new script because someone stole mine(Truth) at my university when I was taking a test. I showed him police report and everything(even the pharmacy asked me too and I said to them I showed to doc and the pharamcy confirmed to doc).

Is there a problem making an early appointment?

ToneTone
11-26-16, 09:59 PM
Absolutely you can request to move up an appointment. You're the person who is HIRING the provider.

You are the person responsible for your health and if you don't like the way something is going, of course, you can move up the appointment.

I've always found it better to not come out and request new med ... But rather to go into detail about what is not working with the current medication. You have to sort of "hook" them in there--with the problems with the current regimen--before they will go to an adjustment. Though of course, some providers are much quicker to adjust than others.

Good luck.

AcctUhd456
11-29-16, 12:06 AM
Thanks. The last appointment I told him about switching to wellbutrin on November 2nd. He told me its not feallu for add and its an antidepressanmt. Should I bring wellbutrin add internet search papers that i read to my apoointment. Also I am supposed go to doc on December 15th to get new script for dexedrine(last time picked up November 15th from Walgreens) ahold I call before and make appointment on that day instead of waiting till 28th for actual appointment? I dont want ant to take dexedrine anymore and want to try wellbutrin xl soon.

AcctUhd456
11-29-16, 12:18 AM
This is the same post but edited for mistakes.
Thanks. The last appointment I told him about switching to wellbutrin on November 2nd. He told me its not really for add and that its an antidepressant. Should I bring Wellbutrin add internet search papers that i read to my appointment? I am supposed go to doc on December 15th for next Dexedrine script (last time I picked it up from Walgreens on November 15th ),should I call before and make an appointment on that day instead of waiting till December 28th for actual appointment? I dont want to take Dexedrine anymore and want to be on Wellbutrin XL soon.

BTW- The last time I picked up Dexedrine I overheard pharmacist tell pharmacy tech that Im a regular but a storyteller that "scares" or "brags" about my medication to other customers and to just give it and take care of next customer in line. Does she think Im an addict of faking add for drugs? I've been going there the last 18 months and never got redflagged or whatever addicts call it so I feel ashamed and scared,plus she is cool and pretty lol. That's another good reason why I like wellbutrin from reading about it cause I don't have to deal with BS DEA laws and Adderall and other traditional add meds are heavily controlled...I feel so stupid I thought I had a good relationship with the Walgreens pharmacy staff I go to...

sarahsweets
11-29-16, 12:45 PM
What kind of plan would I work with myself to learn to take them regularly and safe in the long run?It still feels weird after 2.5 years to take a medication everyday because I rarely took it everyday longer than 2-3 months. I feel robotic and slightly disconnected when taking a medication at a certain time everyday. Would you be able to explain that? Same for ALL medications and even vitamins and supplements lol. Is it fear of dependency or not accepting add? Cause I do but Anxiety is something more I worry as I believe if I can recovery from anxiety than I might not need to take add meds to "function".
Well, when I stopped drinking when my husband would go to work, I would give my keys to my neighbor who is my friend because I was worried I would cave and drive to the liquor store. I went to noon 12 step meetings and would pick them up and drop them off. I had to do that for a month or two, until I could be sure I was over the horrible withdrawals and working on the mental part of that. Eventually, I had to make a list of everything I need to drive for, and drive a different route- do what I need to do, and I had a phone buddy I would check in when I left, and when I got back. There is nothing wrong with that sort of help for an addiction.

I havent faced what you have so if you are excited about Wellbutrin then go for it! In your case it seems sensible. If you did take stimulants definitely no ir. I dont have an issue with stimulants but the easy access to misuse with ir's would be like me hanging out in a bar- eventually I would consider it. I have a pill case thats awesome. Its got seven removeable mini cases with am and pm spots. I also have a midday case. My husband does all my pills for me, and I am able to see what I need to take, set alarms on my phone and take them at the same time-both for memory and structure. Some people have their meds doled out for one day at a time until a solid routine is working. Some people have them hidden or locked. I just feel like thats not a long term solution because there will be many times in life where you wont be home or whatever and you will have to self manage.

sarahsweets
11-29-16, 12:52 PM
This is the same post but edited for mistakes.
Thanks. The last appointment I told him about switching to wellbutrin on November 2nd. He told me its not really for add and that its an antidepressant. Should I bring Wellbutrin add internet search papers that i read to my appointment? I am supposed go to doc on December 15th for next Dexedrine script (last time I picked it up from Walgreens on November 15th ),should I call before and make an appointment on that day instead of waiting till December 28th for actual appointment? I dont want to take Dexedrine anymore and want to be on Wellbutrin XL soon.
Wellbutrin is DEFINITELY used for adhd. I dont know why your doc would want to dissuade you from trying. You should time your appts with refills anyway so I say call and get one for that date or close to it.

BTW- The last time I picked up Dexedrine I overheard pharmacist tell pharmacy tech that Im a regular but a storyteller that "scares" or "brags" about my medication to other customers and to just give it and take care of next customer in line. Does she think Im an addict of faking add for drugs? I've been going there the last 18 months and never got redflagged or whatever addicts call it so I feel ashamed and scared,plus she is cool and pretty lol. That's another good reason why I like wellbutrin from reading about it cause I don't have to deal with BS DEA laws and Adderall and other traditional add meds are heavily controlled...I feel so stupid I thought I had a good relationship with the Walgreens pharmacy staff I go to...

First of all F**k her! She has no right to judge and doesnt know your story- I bet she seems less pretty after that. You know whats in your heart and your motives- dont let people get into your head. The laws are ridiculous. It is so hard for us- I know people who go to pain management clinics (legitimately so) and get their meds from that doctor for pain. There are less hoops to jump through- and no judgement. In fact my aunt has been on oxycodone forever- due to a gunshot and bullet in her shoulder. SHE has less trouble then I do.
Screw the world youre doing a good job!
RE: smoking, personally tackle the worst problem first and you will get to that eventually. If you expect all to be fixed with one med- or try to change everything all at once, sometimes something's gonna give.

cwf1986
11-30-16, 04:04 AM
For me personally, wellbutrin for adhd specifically on a spectrum of no medication to a properly titrated dose of adderall, wellbutrin is in the middle.

If you're thinking about an NRI for adhd, strattera is the one specifically meant for it. Nortriptyline is really good for me because not only does it help with adhd, but fixes excessive anxiety completely, fixes my nervous stomach syndrome completely, and helps with depression partly. Oh yeah, it fixes my allergies and helps with congestion :) Seriously it does.

Nortriptyline is more likely to have side effects than strattera from my understanding, but I lucked out and don't experience any side effects after titrating. At least when in combination with clonidine.

I want off the adderall because it makes me feel agitated very easily, and I get anxiety and brain fog after it wears off. It also makes me feel almost like a robot. That is, I can't feel as much. The medical term is I believe restricted affect. That's something I already have an issue with sans medication so I really don't like that. The nortriptyline actually helps me feel more which I like. Even 'negative' feelings are better than no feelings in my experience.

As far as Vyvanse not being abusable, I did not at all find that the case. My last script of it, I ended up going on two separate 3 day binges. Hadn't planned on it and told myself I wouldn't, but it felt kind of nice at therapeutic levels and couldn't resist the urge. Took a triple dose and next thing I know, I kept compulsivly redosing.

As far as ritalin being less abusable, I find that stuff almost as good as coke when insufflated. I decided before going in to discuss medications that I would absolutely not accept a ritalin script because I knew ahead of time I wouldn't be able to handle it responsibly. I also remembered from when I took in way back in elementary that the crashes were bad and it zombied me out while it was in my system.

But Adderall, I find that stuff awful taken in supra-maximal therapeutic doses.

jkimbo
12-15-16, 10:57 PM
Bupropion (Wellbutrin) does not really work like a real stim even if it's structure is close. It is better as a anti-depressant. It was given to me to quit smoking and did nothing for that but I noticed it made me feel better then the other SSRI's I tried so I switched to it. Virtually no side effects like SSRI's have. It can cause anxiety and agitation. IMHO it will do nothing for ADHD. I been on it for a few years. You will be greatly disappointed I think if you substituted it for real ADHD meds.

sarahsweets
12-16-16, 04:29 AM
Bupropion (Wellbutrin) does not really work like a real stim even if it's structure is close. It is better as a anti-depressant. It was given to me to quit smoking and did nothing for that but I noticed it made me feel better then the other SSRI's I tried so I switched to it. Virtually no side effects like SSRI's have. It can cause anxiety and agitation. IMHO it will do nothing for ADHD. I been on it for a few years. You will be greatly disappointed I think if you substituted it for real ADHD meds.

This may be true for you but if someone has substance abuse issues, wellbutrin can be a lifesaver.

AcctUhd456
12-16-16, 06:40 AM
I've been on buproprion xl 150 mg for 2 weeks now. The first few days I had anxiety I haven't felt in a while,mostly physical and it sucked it felt like I was bordering on an anxiety attack but went away within the first week. I also notice I am having trouble sleeping at the time I want,and even had to drop my Calculus class I was taking over christmas break because I missed the first day, and was exhausted the next day,got quicky behind on hw. My fault but still, I think the medicine is causing insmonia. I need more than my usual sleep to feel well rested and sometimes during the day I feel like I want to sleep more even if I slept 8 hours the day earlier...weird huh?

I notice an increase in energy but I'm always in the need of being on the go. As for as focus its like long lasting caffeine lol. I can get quickly started on something than compared not on any med, but can't concentrate nearly as much as the stimulants.

I love that it makes cigarettes tasteless and stale, like inhaling and exhaling air..plus the bad effects of smoking..

I had to pick up my dex script because I couldn't focus from buproprion.The guy is right, I guess its mainly for depression and smoking cause its helps my nicotine addiction, increases my anxiety,gives me moderate energy,can't sleep,can't concentrate without feeling jumpy. This is just from two weeks my doc said it could take up to 6 weeks to see benefits and to wait at least 3 weeks if I want to go up to 300mg.

Dex plus the buproprion is good but I noticed heart beat faster than dex alone which was unpleasent so I skipped it yesterday..i will take buproprion with 5mg dex instead of 10mg dose to see how it goes..

How you doin?

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 06:08 AM
I've been on buproprion xl 150 mg for 2 weeks now. The first few days I had anxiety I haven't felt in a while,mostly physical and it sucked it felt like I was bordering on an anxiety attack but went away within the first week. I also notice I am having trouble sleeping at the time I want,and even had to drop my Calculus class I was taking over christmas break because I missed the first day, and was exhausted the next day,got quicky behind on hw. My fault but still, I think the medicine is causing insmonia. I need more than my usual sleep to feel well rested and sometimes during the day I feel like I want to sleep more even if I slept 8 hours the day earlier...weird huh?
I cant remember if I mentioned this, but Wellbutrin can be very agitating for some people. I know it was for me.

I notice an increase in energy but I'm always in the need of being on the go. As for as focus its like long lasting caffeine lol. I can get quickly started on something than compared not on any med, but can't concentrate nearly as much as the stimulants.

I love that it makes cigarettes tasteless and stale, like inhaling and exhaling air..plus the bad effects of smoking..

I am actually tossing the idea around talking to my doc about wellbutrin to stop smoking so I am glad you shared this.

How you doin?

were you asking me how Im doing?

jkimbo
12-17-16, 01:04 PM
I swear it did nothing for me for smoking, in fact I was still smoking like a fish on it! But it did make me feel better so I stayed on it. I eventually gave up tobacco by going to vaping and have been vapinng for 2 years love it. And I don't know why, but it is true, vaping gives stims a brief kick. Weird but does seem to be true. I love wellbutrin for my other needs. Unfortunately it did make me more aggressive too. This may have something to do with each of our personalities and why it seems to work differently for some people. At first wellbutrin curbed my appetite but that didn't last long lol. I think it's great for what it was originally intended for, depression. The smoking and ADD I am very skepticle about not only for my own personal experience but also reading what others said and reviews of it. I also know how big pharm likes to push their products too. I don't doubt it may work for some people for smoking and ADD but I believe for the majority it will not. If you really want to quit smoking, try vaping! It works best if you start with higher nic levels then work your way down. It provides the actions of smoking right down to the throat hit. It's like cheating. Also most doctors would rather see you vaping then smoking tobacco.

AcctUhd456
12-17-16, 02:57 PM
Wellbutrin negates the nicotine buzz for me I don't know why its not for some people I think its cause y'all are still smoking in spite of not feeling a kick cause y'all truly don't want to quit at the moment. Just my guess cause its a nicotine agonist so it should make smoking like smoking nicotine free cigarettes and vaping like vaping the 0 mg nicotine.I tried vaping but id rather be a non-smoker and be free of nicotine addiction. My dad vapes and he always buys new ecigs loll he is 63 and i think it saved his life cause before 2014 he was smoking 10-15 ciggs a day for 31 years or so.

What I wonder is if I will get strong cravings when I stop Wellbutrin and I wonder the same for chantix. Check out Allen Carr easyway Im reading it again.

Do you think dextroamphetamine is an okay appetite suppresant down the road for months? Im obese and on a low carb diet and was going to buy an appetite suppresant but I think I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone? It will be for 6 months approximately. I want to know if it would still be effective month by month?
The dextroamphetamine will be changed to vyvanse in January due to my abuse of these short acting stimulants until than its 10mg dex 2 times a day cause I had to get a refill script since the stupid Wellbutrin isn't helping concentrate long. Btw combing the two is better for me than either by itself except faster heart rate and little but more anxious but I think I will see.

I think Wellbutrin is okay for people that abused stims cause I would imagine its better than straterra since it has the added dopamine effect.

jkimbo
12-17-16, 04:56 PM
You may be right. I never wanted to quit smoking but was pressured by family. Which made vaping the perfect solution for me. Heck I was even smoking when I was wearing nicotine patches lol. So you may be absolutely correct!

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 05:11 PM
If you really want to quit smoking, try vaping! It works best if you start with higher nic levels then work your way down. It provides the actions of smoking right down to the throat hit. It's like cheating. Also most doctors would rather see you vaping then smoking tobacco.

See thats the thing- i do vape. I dont smoking in my house so i vape when we watch tv. I sneak the vape into places where I cant smoke or dont want to smoke. And this is all because I am so addicted to nicotine. Its shameful. I know I should stop before its too late and allllll of the other bad stuff- but maybe its the alcoholic in my that just isnt ready to give up this vice.

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 05:21 PM
What I wonder is if I will get strong cravings when I stop Wellbutrin and I wonder the same for chantix. Check out Allen Carr easyway Im reading it again.
I am super anti-chantrix. Every person I have known that took it had violent vivid dreams and dark thoughts, semi-suicidal. My neighbor took it and was having horrible dreams filled with sexual violence. She had to stop cause she couldnt take it anymore.

Do you think dextroamphetamine is an okay appetite suppresant down the road for months? Im obese and on a low carb diet and was going to buy an appetite suppresant but I think I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone? It will be for 6 months approximately. I want to know if it would still be effective month by month?
Do not rely or expect this to work long term. It can decrease your appetite but almost everyone adjusts and has a return to normal eating patterns.

AcctUhd456
12-17-16, 08:40 PM
Ya you're right about that. I forgot that stimulants are for SHORT TERM when prescribed for obesity. By the way did you kboq on my dex pamphlet it says patient should avoid long term use due to habit forming. Is everyone who takes stimulants for years practically ignored that protocol or did they accidentally become dependent on it?

I knew benzos and pain killers were for short term use I didn't know stimulants are as well?

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 09:49 PM
Ya you're right about that. I forgot that stimulants are for SHORT TERM when prescribed for obesity. By the way did you kboq on my dex pamphlet it says patient should avoid long term use due to habit forming. Is everyone who takes stimulants for years practically ignored that protocol or did they accidentally become dependent on it?

I knew benzos and pain killers were for short term use I didn't know stimulants are as well?
Where have you read this?

The good news is that ADHD meds are usually safe for the long haul. They have been prescribed for over 40 years now. It is not ideal for research into long term effects as outlined in this summary. But they are generally safe and well tolerated.
There are some health conditions which can be affected negatively and these need to be kept in mind if you are thinking of taking these meds for the rest of your life.
Side effects such as problems with appetite, mood disturbances and sleeping have all been documented but it is interesting to note that these may well be short term and/or that patients manage to adjust. In one survey, only 20% of the patients mentioned thsee side effects to their doctor.
(https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-long-term-effects-of-Adderall-Dexedrine-or-Ritalin-use)

Need for Comprehensive Treatment Program
Dexedrine is indicated as an integral part of a total treatment program for ADHD that may include other measures (psychological, educational, social) for patients with this syndrome. Drug treatment may not be indicated for all patients with this syndrome. Stimulants are not intended for use in patients who exhibit symptoms secondary to environmental factors and/or other primary psychiatric disorders, including psychosis. Appropriate educational placement is essential and psychosocial intervention is often helpful. When remedial measures alone are insufficient, the decision to prescribe stimulant medication will depend upon the physicianís assessment of the chronicity and severity of the patientís symptoms.
(https://www.drugs.com/pro/dexedrine.html)

but, in humans with ADHD, pharmaceutical amphetamines appear to improve brain development and nerve growth.[20][21][22] Reviews of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies suggest that long-term treatment with amphetamine decreases abnormalities in brain structure and function found in subjects with ADHD, and improves function in several parts of the brain, such as the right caudate nucleus of the basal ganglia.[20][21][22]

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextroamphetamine)

jkimbo
12-17-16, 09:55 PM

I think in some cases the benefits out weigh the risks or in this case addiction. I've been on benzos for many years. It's not really ignored at all. I know, the pdocs know. I was put on klonopin 2 years ago because it is best suited for long term use. I know a person that has been on Oxycontin for over 4 years. He has chronic pain and there is not much choice there. I imagine the same is true for people who need to take stimulants for ADD, ADHD and other disorders like Narcolepsy. Obviously doctors will not want their patients to stay on any of these meds longer then they have to. In the case where a gdoc prescribes stimulants for weight loss of course it will be for short term. When a pdoc or gdoc prescribes benzo's for anxiety it is usually for short term, specially something like xanax, but even xanax can be made an except if it is required.

sarahsweets
12-18-16, 06:09 AM
Jimbo- when you were switching over to vape, did you do both smokes and vape at one point?

jkimbo
12-18-16, 07:13 PM
Jimbo- when you were switching over to vape, did you do both smokes and vape at one point?

Yes at first, because I bought a cheap e-cig from a gas station and it simply was not enough for me. I then googled all about vaping and switched to a ego ecig, and started buying juices with higher nic levels. I found that was the deal maker! I now only smoke when I run out of juice.

I think this is the number 1 reason people who try vaping and go back to cigarettes right away. I now have a mod vape that can go up to 70 watts, but I like it around 30 watts. I can control voltage, amperage, resistance, and wattage on it.

Have you noticed when you vape it seems to give the stim a brief boost? It is very brief about a couple of minutes it feels like your at the max level of the stim again. It has to be the nicotine! I usually vape with juices of 24mgs and 30mgs of nic. That equals a true regular cigarette for nicotine intake and provides the same throat hit too.