View Full Version : Adult adhd and Benefits

amanda24
11-21-16, 03:03 PM
Dear all i hope you can help me,
My adult adder is 20 and she was on DLA since age 7 to have it stopped this june
it left her in financial difficulties and poverty,he gets esa but not enough to run her council flat,We went to the tribuneral today and they made her worse sshe ran out 2 times crying due to not understanding the quetions and unable to add up how much change she would get from 4.30 this has made her anxiety and depression a hundred times worse.
is it worth appealing to higher courts? has anyone been in this situation?
My daughter sudders adhd,ads,asp,ocd,conduct,depression,anxiety,split personality disorder.
they asked her to explain how it made her feel she could say a little bit but she doesnt undertand her feeling to start off with and being under pressure her minds blank.
can anyone advise

midnightstar
11-21-16, 03:36 PM
I think it is worth appealing, particularly as it sounds like she's not able to work - correct me if I'm wrong on this :grouphug:

amanda24
11-21-16, 03:48 PM
yes thats how i feel but i need a solicitor now to go to higher levels so im hopeing she gets legal aid x

Jeftheginger
11-21-16, 03:57 PM
I think it is worth appealing, particularly as it sounds like she's not able to work - correct me if I'm wrong on this :grouphug:

Yes I am in agreement with you.
Do appeal.

amanda24
11-28-16, 02:04 PM
cant get legal aid to fight for it to go higher so looks like shes now in poverty this goverment has alot to answer for :mad: