View Full Version : Exercise in am to delay meds

Swissy
11-21-16, 06:53 PM
I am trying to delay meds until late morning/ early afternoon since I am only getting about 4 hrs out of my 10mg adderall IR. I have coffee and hit the gym first thing in the morning when possible, followed by a healthy breakfast. I usually feel pretty good and can wait until 10-11 am for meds. I work long, intense hours and am trying to avoid the need for a booster, but there are days I could use another 5mg. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow for my 1st follow up since starting meds. Have any of you found that working out early helps maintain brain function? I have days that it works, but there are also days where my ADD scatterbrain shows up by late afternoon.

ToneTone
11-21-16, 08:40 PM
Hold on, very few people take one dose of Adderall IR--precise because it is a short-term med ... 4 to 6 hours or so ... So adding another 5mg isn't even a "booster" in my view.

A booster was when I was taking Concerta, long-acting Ritalin and in the early evening I would add one short-term dose of ritalin. That's a booster. Taking two pills is par for the course if you are on a short-term med. If you were on the XR, that's completely different. Many people take only one pill on the XR.

And yes, exercise is great ... for the brain and for the heart and for the mood. Just plain great!

Good luck.

Tone

sarahsweets
11-21-16, 10:52 PM
I think you should take the adderall when you first wake up and be prescribed a second dose. Once a day makes no sense to me.

BellaVita
11-22-16, 03:24 AM
Definitely talk to your doctor about adding a second dose. 10mg of IR for one day and only once a day is...quite weird.

Who only needs focus to last for 4 hrs when one is awake for many many more?

Swissy
11-22-16, 01:26 PM
Thank you all. Upped to 10mg twice/ day.