View Full Version : Best friends growing apart

castalia
11-28-16, 06:32 PM
Have you had this before? My BFF and I grew apart about 16 months ago. Basically she stopped communicating with me for the most part and I didn't initiate either. What I felt was strange is that growing apart from her didn't bother me much whereas before if such a thing would have happened I would have been a wreck for months.

I wonder if we both changed as people due to life circumstances or perhaps I am not a match with her anymore because I have lost my excessive anxiety.

Have you and a best friend grown apart in adulthood? Why?

sarahsweets
11-30-16, 03:08 AM
I had to 'break up' with a BFF and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

tazoz
11-30-16, 04:42 AM
It's common for friends to grow more distant as their lives move forward and they change. In my experience, as long as there isn't a falling out you will always have the option to rekindle your friendship. friends that I haven't talked to for 15 years responded really well when I contacted them. If you feel comfortable doing so, message them after a while and ask them how they are doing. If they need someone to talk to they will try to rekindle the friendship with you and if they don't, they will know they can turn to you if they ever do. :)

In general, friendships don't need constant contact to remain strong. The memories we share with our friends, means that we will always be a part of their lives to a certain extent, as will they be of ours. That's why, when you contact them later in life, you won't be a stranger to them and they will still feel a connection with you despite the years apart.