View Full Version : ADHD with addiction issues

tiredofthis39
11-30-16, 07:39 PM
I am 39. Have had numerous ADHD diagnoses first time when I was a small child. I have a history of drug and alcohol abuse. I was on methadone for four years and just went cold turkey 6 weeks ago.

I tried to get on medication this summer and had some of the most terrible experiences cause of my history with substances. I took the medications they prescribed one being Wellbutrin and became a little psychotic and almost killed myself.

they gave me Gabapentin and Ambilify that I just started taking a few days ago because the PAWS was so bad from going cold turkey 6 weeks of wanting to die just became unbearable I felt I was always going to be that way, but now I am feeling so manic. This scares the crap out of me.

I am so sick and tired of this. Manic is different for me at this age. I used to be amazing under pressure always fixing everyones problems taking on new tasks. But now I know that I will just lose interest as usual so I don't even care to start new things.

I thought I could do this but my brain is so screwed up.

sarahsweets
12-01-16, 06:03 AM
they gave me Gabapentin and Ambilify that I just started taking a few days ago because the PAWS was so bad from going cold turkey 6 weeks of wanting to die just became unbearable I felt I was always going to be that way, but now I am feeling so manic. This scares the crap out of me.

What is PAWS? Congrats on getting sober.I have been sober for almost 4 years now.

I am so sick and tired of this. Manic is different for me at this age. I used to be amazing under pressure always fixing everyones problems taking on new tasks. But now I know that I will just lose interest as usual so I don't even care to start new things.

WHat do you mean when you say you are manic? Are you on stimulants?