View Full Version : Pantoprazol Protone pump inhibitor (GERD)

C15H25N3O
12-03-16, 09:41 PM
I do not have the final results from gastroscopies biopsis but I got a prescription for a protone pump inhibitor
called Pantoprazol (Protonix) to treat my GERD. I take it the second day now. The first day I sweated a lot
while walking and I think it boosted Vyvanse for the first 6 hours of its effectiveness which is analogous to the
hours I usually have basic urine. The effectiveness changed that after and I became a bit sleepy and had worse
attention. So I went to bed because I felt exhausted. Last night I woke up several times but at all I slept about
12 hours. This morning I was grogy like I have not been for a long long time. I had no power to walk while
shopping some food and I felt similar like I have drunken a lot of alcohol the night before, but I did not.
Now I can feel my kidneys a bit.

Reading about it on wikipedia is not amusing me. I have no will to read studies.

This was the last pill for now!

Any ideas or alternatives how to replace that ugly stuff?

Little Missy
12-03-16, 09:45 PM
Eat a bland diet in small increments so not to rile up the gerd.

C15H25N3O
12-04-16, 01:08 AM
Once again it was one of those docs who prescribe meds over the counter without thinking but with a potential of bad *** side-effects and risking health.

This med is a H2-antihistamine having another uncalculable effects on my medical abused brain.

This med inhibits the P450 enzyme CYP2D6 which prolongs amphetamines elimination half-life.

C15H25N3O
12-05-16, 09:53 AM
Pantoprazol can make positive THC results in urine screening.

Little Missy
12-05-16, 10:14 AM
I better tell LOL because she takes it every morning.

C15H25N3O
12-05-16, 10:30 AM
"Up in Smoke? Uncovering a Lack of Evidence for Proton Pump Inhibitors as a Source of THC Immunoassay False Positives" (http://www.printfriendly.com/print?source=homepage&url_s=uGGCF%25dN%25cS%25cSJJJmnnppmBEt%25cSpBzzHAv GL%25cSAnGvBAny-npnqrzL-Bs-pyvAvpny-ovBpurzvFGEL%25cSFpvrAGvsvp-FuBEGF%25cScabg%25cSHC-vA-FzBxrmnFCK)by Jennifer L. Powers, PhD, published by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)

sarahsweets
12-05-16, 12:05 PM
The link you provided discusses the fact that their testing did not confirm that PPI's lead to a positive TNC screening. Specifically, their was a lack of evidence that PPI's cause a positive result for TNC.

C15H25N3O
12-05-16, 02:01 PM
It is called THC. I did not read my last link because I had this information from a website in my
native language. I have no idea what kind of organisation AACC.org is and if they are reliable.

So here is another link from FDA proving my post.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/022020s007lbl.pdf

7.5 False Positive Urine Tests for THC
There have been reports of false positive urine screening tests for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in patients receiving
proton pump inhibitors. An alternative confirmatory method should be considered to verify positive results.